12th December

25 Days of December

As it was a Friday, Taekwoon and some of his work colleagues had been out for a few Christmas drinks and it was about half past ten when he got home. It hadn't been anything crazy but he was a little bit tipsy, having a bit of trouble getting his key in the lock, though he was nowhere near as bad as his friend Jaehwan had been.

In the kitchen, he could see Hakyeon, Hongbin and Wonshik leaning over the stove, skewers in hand and a bag of marshmallows on the side. They were toasting them over the open flame and Wonshik's was turning black.

If he was sober he might have complained about the inevitable mess they'd make, but in his mellow state, he couldn't bring himself to care.

"Did you have a good time?" Hakyeon asked over his shoulder.

Taekwoon nodded, moving further into the kitchen to get a closer look.

Wonshik had peeled off the black shell of his marshmallow to reveal the sticky insides and was carefully blowing on it. When he put it in his mouth, a gooey string stretched from the skewer and broke, clinging to his bottom lip and trailing towards his chin.

Taekwoon swayed towards him, hazy mind intent on having a taste, but he managed to catch himself before anything untoward could happen and, horrified by what he'd almost done, he wheeled about and darted from the room in a panic.

"Taekwoon, don't you want some?" Hakyeon called after him but he didn't answer, not trusting his loosened tongue.

That had been way too close.