06

If Tomorrow Never Comes

-On the rematch night-

Seo Yeon and Min Hyeon are early.

Seo Yeon decided to have a brief practice for the basketball game as she has no knowledge about it.

After about 15 minutes of waiting,the guys arrived.

"My Yeollie," Min Hyeon greeted Chanyeol with her cute eye smile and run for his embracement.

"Minnie-ya,do you miss me this much,?" Chanyeol smile while giving a peck on Min hyeon's temple.

"Chanyeol,who is that?" Seo Yeon asked and pointed to the guy who's standing not far from them. Standing on 6 ft 2 inch tall,has a great figure and not to forget his handsome look,caught Seo Yeon's eyes. She has never seen him before.

"Hyung," Chanyeol called for that guy and he approaches them in a minute with his long leg and fast steps.

"Seo Yeon,this is Kris. He'll be in your team for tonight's match. You'll be in the same team as him,Lay,Baekhyun and Sehun while Luhan,Suho,Kai,Min and I are a team." With the serious look on his face,he divided the team members.

"You guys really have to be in the same team huh?" Seo Yeon asked sarcastically giving Chanyeol a confused look. He's quite slow in catching up things like that.

"She was talking about us babe," Minhyeon told Chanyeol while rolling her eyes at Seo Yeon. Chanyeol flushed red when he's grasping the situation.

"Okay guys,let's start the game now. And you,Oh Sehun don't use your dirty tricks here again. If you do,you'll be really dead." Chanyeol warned the maknae Sehun and received an emotionless face of him.

 

 

After playing furiously about an hour and the half,they decided to end the game as majority of them are exhausted. Tonight's match was played fair and square as the dirty tricks aren't included.

Seo Yeon's team won the game. There's no doubt because they have Kris who is a professional basketball player. Their opponent is no joke too as Luhan and Suho are quite good in basketball.

"Guys,let's have some drinks before we go back. How's it?" Kai suggested. He received nods from most of them expect the cold face and emotionless Sehun. He refused to join them and planned to go straight home. They didn't stop him tho.

"Yeonnie,do you really don't want to join us?" Minhyeon asked her bestfriend as she saw her giving no respond when Kai asked just now. Seo Yeon shook her head.

"Seriously?" She nodded. "Okay then,be careful. Don't play too hard. We've played enough just now. I'll see you at home"she gives a peck on Seo Yeon's rosy cheek and with that Minhyeon leaves her bestfriend and join the guys.

 

 

Seo Yeon continues playing the basketball alone.

She's addicted to it. She became one with the ball. She plays and plays without stop. She is quite good for a beginner. She's scored quite a lot too. She's a really fast learner and there is no doubt why she is one of the top students in her school. 

Seo yeon plays without caring about anything around her. She's too focus. She didn't even realised that someone has been watching her from the start. The one with a cold face plastered on him,Oh Sehun. 

He has been watching her since the game started. He likes to see how passionate she is. How focus she is. How she could be drifted in her own world. She plays the basketball so seriously that he thought to himself maybe she is that kind of girl who takes everything seriously. He thought to himself maybe she is that kind of girl who does things passionately. He thought to himself maybe she is the one who would never hurt someone and would loves that person more than she loves herself. He thought to himself about so many things about her until his heart speaks what seems like the same exact thing as what Kai told him before that he strictly trying to deny it. 

He took a seat on one of the nearest benches and keep his gaze at her. He locks his gaze and doesn't leave her even for a second.

 

 

After so long of playing alone,Seo Yeon decided to take a break. She planned to continue playing but her plan is canceled by a greet that almost make her choke on the water she's sipping.

"That was such a great game. Seems like you really enjoy it huh?" Sehun speaks while applauding her as he take a seat beside her.

"Oh my god! Sehun! You shouldn't do that. I almost choke on my water. What do you think will happen if I was dead because if your greeting huh? What would happen that I'm dead because of you? Do you think you could easily buy a new life for me huh? Give a warning before you're greeting someone. I could've been death you know. And if I was dead you'll be-" Seo Yeon's words being cut off by Sehun.

"Seo Yeon,you talk too much. It was my fault. I'm so sorry. You know what,you could be joining Baekhyun,Chen and Chanyeol, the four of you could even be in the same circus team. I can't imagine how hectic it will be if the four of you are assigned to host some event. Might be either you guys fight to talk or the stage will be corrupted in just a few minutes because of the four of you." Sehun laugh while imagining the things he said.

"You are just like Min," Seo Yeon pouts.

"Don't pout. It makes me wanna kiss you," Sehun simply reply as he saw Seo Yeon pouted. She looks so cute when she does that.

"Are you a ert or what?"

"What if I am?," Sehun slowly approached Seo Yeon. 

"What if I am a ert Seo Yeon? What would you do? Are you going to scream out loud? Go ahead. No one is there to help you. See,there are only the two of us. You and I.," Sehun breathe could be felt against Seo Yeon's neck as he is now speaking right beside her ear. He used his seducing voice and his warm breathe tickles Seo Yeon.

"I-I-I'll kick you !" Seo Yeon stuttered but managed to finish her words.

"Huh,you're so lame Seo Yeon." Sehun said as he back to his original position.

"Then what else do you expect me to do. Haven't you watch those movies when a girl is approached by some erts then she kick theis and go to her friend's house or to her boyfriend. I'm not lame for your information Mr.Oh Sehun. I'm just applying what I watch if I get into any troubles." She pouts again.

"Haven't I told you that you are prohibitted to pout in front of me? You really want me to kiss you huh?" Sehun again lessen the distance between them. Seo Yeon trembles.

"I will really going to kick your Sehun. You better back off before I do any unexpected things," Seo Yeon showing off her small fist tight in fron of Sehun's face.

Sehun laugh his off.

"Seo Yeon,do you think anyone will get scared by your tiny fists? To be compared to your tiny fists,I can do much more unexpected things you know,"

Sehun was right. She can't beat anyone with her small fists. She is way smaller to be compared to Sehun. He has a great build body,broad shoulder,strong muscles and not to forget he is taller than her.

Then silence takes place. They both drifted away by their own thoughts accompany by the night view of Han river in front of them.

"Have you ever been in love Seo Yeon? " Sehun asked breaking the silence that has accompanied them for about 10 minutes. 

Seo Yeon shook her head. Her simple answer makes Sehun drew a smile on his face. He seems to be relieved by that fact. He doesn't know why but he feels as if there's something really satisfying about her answer.

"Not even once? " he asked again for confirmation.

"No,not even once in my 21 years of living." She shook her head. "Have you ever been in love Sehun?"

Seo Yeon's questions left an impact on Sehun. As she was asking him,he could feel his chest hurting as if there are millions of sharp knives being stabbed inside of his chest. He grabs his shirt tightly and roughly as he could really feel the pain piercing through his chest. It is as if his chest is torn and sliced into tiny pieces. He fiercely grab it hard.

Seo Yeon is shocked. She's starts to feel her knees weak. She never see Sehun in this kind of situation. She's getting scared.

"Sehun,are-are you okay? I'm so sorry. Sehun," she hesitantly approach closer to Sehun. She pats his back and looks for to face his face. To her surprised,his face is burning red as if all the blood inside his body is only on his face. Her eyes widen.

"Oh my god Sehun,are you alright?" She's getting nervous. "I'm so sorry Sehun,you-you don't have to answer it. It's okay." She is now on her knees in front of Sehun,apologizing him non stop.

"I'm fine Seo Yeon. Stand up. Why are you kneeling in front of me." Sehun brings his face up and pulls Seo Yeon to sit beside him.

"I'm so sorry,you look awful just now," Seo Yeon feels bad 

"I've been even worst than this. Nah,it's okay. It's not your fault either." Sehun weakly smile at Seo Yeon as his mind slowly recalling the painful memories.

"Sehun,if you don't mind,can I ask you what happened? " Seo Yeon carefully asked him as she's afraid he'll be like what he was a few minutes ago.

 

-Flashback-

"Sehun,I- We- I-I'm breaking yo with you," she blurted it out. There is a confused and shocked look on Sehun.

"Yubin,but-but why? I love you. I always do. What have I done wrong Yubin,tell me!" He shakes her body. She gave him a blank stare.

"You did nothing wrong Sehun. It's just that I-my heart is not for you anymore Sehun. I'm so sorry." And she leaves him behind. Leaving him on his knees. Tears competing to fall from his eyes down to his cheeks.

"What have I done wrong Yubin? What have I done wrong?! What have I done wrong?! I love you. I always do. You are my everything Yubin. You are my first Yubin. I still love you. Please don't-don't go. Don't leave me Yubin." Sehun is on his knees,cupping his face while keep repeating the same things.

The next day,he saw Yubin with some fella. She was laughing happily like there was nothing happen. Like the words she said to him last night wasn't real at all. She was smiling widely,grinning cheekily,making jokes with that guy as if she never been into a break up.

he saw her again,at a dark alley while he was on his way home. 

He saw her making out with the same guy. Kissing each other like they are so hungry for love. Passionately pleasuring each other. Sehun saw it all. He saw every single thing. From the moment that guy's hand sliding down into her cami then down to her short skirts making her moans in pleasure. 

Sehun saw everything. Hee didn't even get the chance to do that to her but his place was taken by some . He saw her innocent look grinning with the amount of pleasure she received. It kills it him. It tears his heart apart. It breaks his heart into pieces.

Seeing his girl being pleasures by other guy makes he feels worthless.

He went home drunk that night with bruises all over his face.

"Sehun-na,what happened to you," Suho asked worriedly as he help Sehun resting on the couch. Sehun was so drunk that his words aren't clear.

"Yubin... She... That guy... Kiss... Yubin... She... That guy... They... ing eac-each .. Her .. She.. Her sm-smiles.. Those ing dirty hands... Slid.. She.. " he can't even finish his words properly. He was drunk and he cried like a baby. Suho feels bad for him. He knew that Sehun saw things that he shouldn't see. 

Even after a month of their break up,Sehun still can't get over Yubin. He will come home late at night. Drunk and with bruises. He always pick a fight with the guys at the bar. There wasn't even a single day where he will come home sober. 

"Sehun,when are you going to stop being like this?" Suho was so worried about him. Sehun looks horrifying. He was pale. His lips are cracked. His eyes are swollen from crying all night. His eyes were painted red. His dark circles are shown even more. He lost a lot of weight. The only thing he did was getting drunk.

He'll be drunk all night. He drink too much. He became one with the alcohol. Every single person around him are worried about his condition. Even Yubin and him had nothing to do for almost 4 months but he still can't get over her. He still loves her. 

They decided to send him to the psychiatrist. He refused. He strictly refused. He told them not to worry about him when he looks exactly like a corpse. He often spend his time alone,locking his door. 

A week after that,Yubin went to him. Sehun was with Kai at that time. Kai is there when Sehun goes out. Kai keeps Sehun in his accompany.

"Sehun," Yubin speaks as soft and sweetly at him.

"I'm so sorry Sehun. I'm so sorry for leaving you that night. I'm so sorry for breaking up with you. I still love you. I always do. You know that right Sehun," Yubin was begging to Sehun,she clings on his hand but he gave no respond.

Kai who was watching everything,taking his steps towards Yubin. He clench his teeth and tighten his fists. His eyes were burning in fire. He was about to throw his fist but Sehun was faster. He stopped Kai and look at Kai in the eyes to let him settle with her. Kai understood and leave them not far from his sight.

"Sehun,please baby. Please,I love you. I still love you. I'm sonsorry baby," Yubin cried so bad while her hands wildly forcing Sehun to face her. 

"Why did you come back?" Sehun keeps himself calm.

"Because I still love you baby. Please " like a child begging for something,Yubin replied him.

" Do you know what I've been through when you broke up with me?" Sehun paused.

"You said you are afraid of losing me but then you faced your fear and left. You once made an oath to stay with me till the end but then you're the one breaking the oath. I knew it. I ing knew it will never be true but then I still let you in. How stupid was I. " he chuckled

" Do you have any idea how bad was I suffered? Do you have any idea how hard was it for me to even just fall asleep. It was so frustrating. I couldn't sleep at all. While everyone was deep asleep there was me,eyes wide awake. My body was exhausted,I need rest, I need sleep but I can't. I wasn't able to do any of them. No matter how tired I was I can't fall asleep. I was suffering from insomnia. Where my nights were for ever thinking and my days were for ever sleeping. I've missed so many classes. My depression getting worst day by day. Do you have any idea about that?! Do you?! " Sehun took a deep breathe before he continued his words.

 "At some point,I no longer know whether I should drown myself into love,vodka or sea. Can you imagine that?! I bet you can't. Why,because you were too busy making love with some other bastards. You were too busy letting them pleasuring you with all their might. You were tooo damn busy!"

"Sehun I-" he cuts her off

"Dont say a word."

"Explain to me Sehun," he chuckled again to hear her stupid and worthless words.

" What do you expect me to tell you,Yubin? How do you expect me to tell you? I can't make people around me to understand me. I can't even understand myself and I can't even explain it to myself. How do you think I that I could easily explain it all to you?! When you're the poison that's killing me slowly inside."

Yubin was speechless. All she could do was crying her eyes out.

" Wipe those tears,it's funny that you were the one crying so bad when I was the one hurting to death. It's funny that you were the one ruined me yet I was the one who begged you not to leave," Sehun smirks mockingly. His face showed no emotion. His face showed nothing. His face was only plastered with a cold look.

" You know what,in the past five months,there wasn't a single night where I was completely sober. Alcohol tastes better when my thoughts drifted away at nights. My nights would means nothing without getting drunk why because that was the only way for me to fall asleep. To fall asleep so that the voice of you in pleasure while he was ing you hard will vanished when I'm asleep. Getting drunk was the only was I could get myself rest. Getting drunk was the only way I could let my mind free from the thoughts. My nights were all about getting drunk-" Sehun's lips start to trembles as he clenched his fist tight and gritted his teeth. 

" - some night the picture of you smiling in my embracement crossed my mind. I couldn't deny that some night I just miss you so much that I can hardly stand it. I almost went out of my mind. It's amazing how the thoughts of someone we lives could really kill us. It's even more amazing that I have the strength to face you when my heart has been crushed,completely crushed ! " a teardrop fell on his cheeks.

" Now,do you think that the scars you've left on me,the wounds,could be heal with those apologized? Do you think all that I've went through could be turn back as what it supposed to be? Do you think with you begging me like this will cure every single cuts deep down inside my heart," another drop of tear fell.

" You could never imagine how much I've suffered,how much I've been hurt because of your actions. How your words changed me into a person that I don't even know who he is. I was so scared but I do feel good tho. I was broken but I know no matter how much I cried,the broken pieces of me couldn't be stick together again. It's like you take your mom's favourite plate then throw it to the wall,it breaks into pieces and then you're scared that your mom will be mad at you and you tried to stick it back. Those pieces but you failed. And that is how my heart looks like."

"Yubin,just leave and don't ever come back. Go away. You are no longer belongs here. My heart became a timid one. He was too scared of everything. He has closed his door. Completely locked it that I don't even have the key to enter it again. How do you expect me to let you in when I,myself can't even get into my own heart. Do you own the key to it? I guess you didn't. So don't waste your time,your tears for me Yubin. We aren't meant to be with each other. Maybe you are just a beautiful nightmares for me. There was once a fleeting moment with just you and I but now we have to say goodbye." Sehun paused,inhaling deeply and gathering his strength again.

" Goodbye Yubin. You are my beautiful nightmares. Thank you for everything. Go fly high and never reach the ground. You were my first but not my last."

Sehun leave Yubin behind. Kai was with him. Sehun broke the tears that he kept for so long. 

 

- end of flashback - 

 

 

 "Sehun,are you alright?" 

"Yeah,I'm fine now. Besides,I have completely forget about her. It's just sometimes when thoughts suddenly came,my chest hurt so bad that I couldn't help it but yelp." Sehun rubs his chest. 

"Sehun,come with me. I know the best place to calm and find peace in the heart."

Seo Yeon grabs Sehun's hand and drag him to her destination.

" Are you going to take me to the psychiatrist?" Sehun asked bluntly.

Seo Yeon gave him no answer but keep dragging him without saying a word.