10

If Tomorrow Never Comes

It has been nearly two weeks since the last time Sehun saw Seoyeon,the healthy and the free spiit Seoyeon. The Seoyeon who's always serious in anything she does. The Seoyeon who's always with her blu expression. The Seoyeon who's successfully unlocked the heart of the cold-faced Oh Sehun. The one heart that was once securely locked and the owner of the heart didn't own the key for it but then a girl named Hwang Seoyeon has it. 

There wasn't a single day Sehun didn't came to the hospital. Accompanying Seoyeon,who's lying weakly on the hospital's bed,wires connecting on all over her body,the machine keeps beeping but she didn't give any reaction at all. Sehun did all his assignments and the other works at the hospital. He refused to leave Seoyen's side. He wants to be the first to greet Seoyeon once she's awake. It doesn't matter how long he has to wait as long as he'll be the first one ever Seoyeon will see once she opens her eyes.

It doesn't matter how tired Sehun is,he will always tries his best to be by Seoyeon's side. His heart is completely owned by Seoyeon now.

 

 

"Sehun,go home. Take a rest. I'll take care of Seoyeon here. Don't worry,I promise you that I'll take a very good care of her. She's my bestfriend indeed. Go home Sehun. You look awfull. Go and have a proper rest Sehun."  Minhyeon feels sympathy looking at Sehun who spends his days and nights taking care of Seoyeon. He only went home to get his important things and then come back to the hospital. He only left the hospital when he has classes but sometimes he skipped them for Seoyeon.  

"No,it's okay. I'm fine Minhyeon. You go home,take a rest,I'll stay here." Sehun threw a weak smile to Minhyeon. It hurts Minhyeon's heart to see Sehun in that kind of condition. The cold-faced Sehun is now gone. He's now the Sehun whom Minhyeon wished to never meet. Ever in her entire life. The Sehun she's looking at is the Sehun who's now looking so deadly pathetic,weak,pale and......strange.

"Sehun-na.." Minhyeon's eyes are now brimmed with tears.

"Minhyeon,I'm fine." his chapped and pale lips drew a smile to comfort Minhyeon but obviously it failed. It even brings Minhyeon really really closed to tears but luckily her other half is there with her,Park Chanyeol.

"Oh my god Sehun,it really breaks my heart to see you in this kind of condition. Have some rest please stubborn Oh Sehun." 

"I'm resting now Minhyeon. Can't you see it." it sounds so pathetic to Minhyeon.

Minhyeon can only now letting out a heavy sighed. She's too tired to tell Sehun the same thing.

"Up to you Sehun but I don't think Seoyeon's gonna like to see this knd of Sehun once she's awake. Rest well Sehun." Minhyeon gently squeeze Sehun's hand and looks at him sympathically,so do Chanyeol who's on the right side of Sehun,patting and giving him a light squeeze on the shoulder.

"Don't exaggerate yourself Sehun." Chanyeol too is worried of Sehun. He has never seen this side of Sehun for as long as they befriend. Not even when Sehun was with Yubi before. He knows Sehun really do loves Seoyeon and she is truly the one for him.

"I won't hyung. Tell the others not to worry about me and ask them to pray for Seoyeon,okay. Drive carefully hyung." he gives the latter a hug and was almost broke into tears but he manage to control it.

"She'll wake up soon. Have faith. She's indeed a strong girl. She just needs some rest. Be strong for her and for yourself too Sehun. I love you and I know how deep is your love for her. So keep having faith in her." Chanyeol whispers to Sehun. Calming the younger.

"Thanks hyung." he sincerely thanked the older,he knows he can count on him and the others. He never regret and feeling so blessed to have friends like them in his life. 

With that,both Chanyeol and Minhyeon make a move out of the hospital. Sehun is now back alone with Seoyeon.

 

"When will you wake up Seoyeon?" he lightly squeeze the girl's arm.

"Who did this to you? Tell me. I'll find that person right away."

"I miss you."

"I truly am."

"Please open your eyes. I miss looking at those pair of beautiful sparkling innocent eyes."

"I miss to talk to you even if it's just a word"

"I miss  to hear your voice."

"I miss arguing about stupid things with you"

"I miss to play basketball with you"

"I miss to go to the peaceful place you've shown me. I can hardly bring my feet there. Without you,it feels..weird. I don't know how to put it. It's hard."

Suddenly,tears roll down Sehun's cheeks. He lets them rolling. He ends up breaking down beside Seoyeon. With Seoyeon's arm in his' and his face buried in between them. He fell asleep not long after that.

 

"Thank you Oh Sehun. I'm sorry  I made you wait for quite a long time. I just need some more rest. I promise you I'll truly wake up soon. I promise. Just hang in there for awhile,I'll be there soon. I miss you too. I love you too. So bad."

A drop of tear rolling down from the pale cheek that belongs to the one lying weakly on the bed,Hwang Seoyeon. 

"I miss you too Oh Sehun," her lips mumble but her eyes shut close.