01

If Tomorrow Never Comes

"Mommy! Story time mommy. Mommy hurry up." 

"Wait a minute honey. Mommy is coming."

"I want Cinderella story."

"Okay honey,I'll read it for you okay."

After five minutes long,the bedtime story end.

"Time to sleep my little princess" 

Before leaving her baby girl to sleep,she plant a kiss on her baby girl's forehead and wish her a good sleep.

"Mommy..."

"Yes honey." she replied with those loving looks in her eyes.

"What if tomorrow never comes?"

"Honey,sure,tomorrow will always come. And by the time you wake up in the morning,you'll be served by the sweet smell of breakfast that I made for you and daddy. Now,all you've got to do is go to sleep. Rest your body and mind. Okay? I love you." 

"I love you too mommy. Goodnight mommy" as soon after that the little girl was driven into her dreamland.

 

 


 

 

"Seo Yeon? Are you there?"

"Uh-huh? Pardon me. What was it just now?"

"I was asking you,whether you would want to join us to play basketball near Han river tomorrow right? You're free right? You're not having anything else right?"

"Well,tomorrow night? Errmm...I'm - I .. Err.."

"Yah,don't give me any lame excuses just to free yourself eh. You'll be going with me tomorrow night and we'll be playing basketball tomorrow with some fellas okay."

"But,I don't know how to play basketball. I can't play basketball Min."

" 'I can't play basketball' is an excuse which I will never accept. Whether you can or you can't,you'll be going with me too. I'll teach you later. If not,you're just going to hang around alone,in this house,without doing anything else other than watching the variety shows which you've been rewatch for over a million times. Duh,get some fresh air my dear Seo Yeon."

Ji Eun listen to her bestfriend's free talk as a reward for giving such a lame excuse just to not getting herself involved. 

"Okay,I will. Now,can you please stop babbling and just go to sleep. We have class tomorrow. Go to sleep now Miss Seo Min Hyeon,will you?" 

With a grin on her face,Min Hyeon leave Ji Eun's room and went to her room.

"Min Hyeon."

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"For what?"

"Just in case,if tomorrow never comes."

"Stop saying that and go to sleep Seo Yeon."

Min Hyeon is about to leave then but she stop and peek into Seo Yeon's room again.

"Anything else Min?"

"I love you too Seo Yeon,have a nice sleep." 

Seo Yeon then went to sleep with a smile on her face. A smile of relieved. She always do that. Every night,before going to sleep. Telling people she loves that she really loves them. She express those three magical words really well. When she says it,she meant it. That's why she's been loved by so many people. People never doubt that if those three words came out from Hwang Seo Yeon's mouth.

 

 


 

 

That night.

The night which Seo Yeon will be paling basketball for the first time ever in her life.

"Min,they're so good. How can I cope with them? I'm nothing to be compared with them."

"Just relax okay. They'll help you eventually as the game goes on."

"Are we in some sort of basketball competition or what?"

Seo Yeon's question is replied with a laugh from Min Hyeon. 

"Did I just made a joke or what? Stop it Min. I'm serious."

"I'm serious too. Can't you see my face?" 

Min Hyeon throw a silly looking face at Seo Yeon and she is rewarded a soft punch on her shoulder from Seo Yeon.

"Ouch. That hurts." Min Hyeon rubs her shoulder.

"Okay,sorry. My bad. Do you see any spectators around there? "

Ji Eun shook her head.

''Then of course the answer would be a 'no'. We're just going to play for fun. You see there,those fellas often play here. They used to get random people coming and play with them."

Seo Yeon nod along with the explaination given by Min Hyeon.

''But Min,how do you know about this?''

Min Hyeon seems a bit startled with Seo Yeon's question. She gave Seo Yeon a huge grin. 

"Do you want to tell me anything Min?''

''Well actually-''

''Hey,my baby is here. Min Hyeon-na,what are you doing there? Come here. We're about to start.'' a husky voice can heard from the court. 

A tall man approch them. Seo Yeon exchanged look with Min Hyeon who is smilling widely as if is about to tore apart.

''Min Hyeon?''