A Weird Conversation

The Death List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:-

Next day at school I was surprised to see Seulgi in my class, she was sitting at the last desk, which was at the end of the class, staring blankly at the desk. I took a sit beside her though my seat was different. A part of me said not to associate with her but the other part of me was dying to talk with her. And being a friendless, 11 year old, I was desparate too. I know she wouldn't be crazy like her mother, but weird, I don't know about.

''Seulgi right?'' I asked.

She looked up at me. She had no idea I was there the whole 10 mins. She nodded again. I wonder if she talk much at home or not. ''Hi! I am Irene, we haven't officially met, its nice to meet you'' I extended my hand, hoping she would shake it.

She just smiled and nodded, AGAIN. I faked a smile too. I didn't know what to say next, it will be hard to make a conversation if she keeps nodding in everything I say. Soon our homeroom teacher came in and class started. she was quite the first few periods, staring at the blackboard. I doubted she was getting any of the lesson taught. At lunch break, I decided to go to rooftop to eat my lunch, the usual place. 

''You are leaving as well?'' Seulgi asked from behind. I was a bit surprised.

''I usually eat my lunch on the rooftop'' I said.

''Can I come with you?'' She asked. I agreed.

That was the longest conversation we had so far. She was quite again after that. She didn't even had her lunch with her. ''Where is your lunch?'' I asked her.

She looked up at me and then back to her hand, at which she was staring all this while, her straight long black hair covering her face. ''I didn't bring it'' she said slowly.

''Do you have money? You can buy something from the canteen''

''Mother said not to eat anything outside, and I don't have money either''

''You can share mine, though I didn't bring much but the sandwiches my mom makes are awesome, you can have one''

She gave me a meek smile and picked one up from my lunch box. ''Its good right?'' I asked after she took one bite. She nodded again, and again she became quite.

                        *************************************

After school I saw Seulgi at the school gate, leaving the school premises alone. I ran and caught up to her. ''Going alone?'' I asked. She smiled and nodded again. ''The apartment is too far you know, It'll take you about half an hour or so'' 

''I know, but mother said to walk home'' She said.

Whats with her mother. She is very obedient I could say but isn't walking home daily is too much? But then it was none of my concern. I don't like her mother much anyway. 

''Are you walking hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter