Sorry for making you in trouble – Risa

A Shattered Heart

I strip him and put on his white t-shirt with his jeans still on. He went to the cellar and drink, for I don’t know how many shots of hard liquor. I’m sorry, Dylan. For leading you this way.. His pink nose hasn’t subside and I pull the duvet on top of him. I walk to my room and shut the door behind me, feeling guilty for what was happening to Dylan.

 

I went to school as usual the next day and still, Dylan hasn’t talk to me since after then. For some other things, I feel grateful for not having in the same class as Dylan. If not, I don’t know what I should say in front of him, with the embarrassment content inside me. During recess, I took the urge to look for him and have a short talk before it get worse. Finally, I saw him sitting on a concrete bench facing the basketball court.

“Hey” I started, taking a seat next to him. He turns and gazes down at me.

“Hi”

“I just-“

“About last-“

“You first” He said, reaching out his hand; signaling me to start first.

“I just want to say sorry. I shouldn’t have drag you around and I should have also notice some important things that causes us into this situation. I don’t want our relationship as a cousin, in the family, ruin for something like this.”

He remain silence. Listening to every words that coming out from my mouth.

“I really hope, I’m not the reason for you to think that I’m breaking your heart. I must be honest to you no matter how cruel it sounds. I do like you.” I said. His eyes grew wide. His lips parted, trying to produce a word but then he shuts them back.

“Yes. I agree. I do like you but not more than a family member. That is what I’m thinking about. You are a fine boy. I can see that you are kind and nice. But I’m not the right person for you.” He sighed and closed his eyes.

“As what you have said, I have to accept the fact that I have been rejected. I just want you to know one thing, Risa.” He paused. My brow creased waiting for his next word.

“Don’t. We will never be together. And it will be unfair if you bring this up with your wife in the future. Someone who is not me.” I said, placing my hand at my chest.

“I have made my mind. I will never stop like you but I have to bear in mind that it will be impossible for us to be together. Especially if mom knows about it. I think she and Riyuu-nii (Older brother Riyuu) will never approve us.”

“She knew.”

“What?!” His voice rose. I flinched at his shriek. He eyed me deep into my eyes and I feel electric shot communicating between us. Uhhhh…

“You confessed in front of me and your parents when you were drunk. You dad was speechless and your mom remained silent but she didn’t look good.” I said, recalling last night incident. I shake my head in disbelieve at what I have seen.

Dylan put his head in his hands and sigh heavily. I pat his back and he shakes his head—discarding his thoughts and trying to remember his words that he has threw in front of his parents.

“I can’t remember every single words that I have said.” He said. I don’t know how to react. Just a few pats on his back is moving right now as I stare at the sky. Hope everything is fine when we get back home.

 

School ended and I walked out of the school compound. I search around and found a man standing at the school fence a few meters away. He turns to me and I can recognise him easily under his shades. Sato is here, in front of me. I jogged to him and grabbed his arm. “Hi.” I said.

“Good day?” He gave me a feather like kiss at the corner of my mouth. I nod. He grabbed my sling bag suddenly making me froze at my spot.

“Let me take it with me. And surprisingly, it’s light. Not like in our old school.” He grins.

“Correction, your school. This is my school, not yours.” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

“Okay fine. I will never win against you. Let’s go? I’m craving for some ice cream.”

I nodded and giggled at him. So not Sato.. But I’m pretty sure he likes ice cream so much. Every time after his work, he will buy a plastic bag of ice creams and the other members will rush to him to have some. We strolled down the streets and stopped at the lake we met last night, Sato suddenly glanced everywhere and I mirrored his action.

“What is it?”

“I was wondering where your cousin is. He usually will be always with you.” He said. My ice cream stopped in mid-air. I tried to pick up the scattering thoughts when he mentioned about Dylan. How did he know we were always together? He has been stalking me before?

“I told him that I’m going out with you.” I said. My voice sounded plain and he stopped eating.

“Hey, is everything okay?” He asked. My eyes looked everywhere but him. I can’t keep my mind straight and looking for words to explain to him that I’m not okay with what is happening between me and Dylan.

“We had a huge and tensed conversation last night and a few moments ago.” I sighed. He cocked his head to his side and his brows creased.

“Dylan confessed to me when he was drunk. I think he took a bottle of hard liquor from the cellar in his house. His parents were in a complete blow because they were in the hall too.” Sato’s eyes widened but he didn’t say anything.

“So, we had a deep conversation just now and I told him we couldn’t have those relationships. It’s actually my hard limits. I do not want to have any kind of special relationship like lovers although that always occurs in the family. It is just… awkward to me.”

“Good choice you made. So, you decided to be with me then?”

“I did not say either! And you didn’t ask me out too. I take it as a normal friendship then.” I said, pulling my hand away from his arm. How can he ask me that? Isn’t it obvious with what we have said last night? Do I need a reason to explain and so forth?

I was about to bite my last piece of ice cream but I’ve been jolt by a call came in. I frowned looking at the caller’s name and pick up the call. “Hello”

“Risa, where are you now? I want to see you and I’m already in Miyazaki.” Riyuu’s voice hovered in the line.

“I’m having my ice cream. With a friend.” I said and glanced at Sato. Sato remain silence and his face were trying hard not to show that he was scared with the person I am talking now.

“Fine. I’ll see you in five minutes or you want me to fetch you up wherever you are?” Oh no he can’t. He might blurt out if he sees who I’m with.

“Just stay there. I’m coming now.” I said and cut off the call; exasperated. Can he not interfere just for a moment? He will always come in whenever I’m trying to make up with Sato.

“Who was that?” Sato asked.

“Oh you don’t want to know. I have to go back now or he might find out you are here and I don’t know what will he do if he finds out.”

“I’ll send you back.”

“No. Please, don’t. Riyuu is here.”

His face changed, the blood from his face drained all out listening to Riyuu’s name. He held my hands at arm’s length and sighed before he continues.

“Fine, then. I have to catch a train soon and be careful. See you again, maybe next time when I have the chance to come here. Come and visit us someday.” He said. Sato leaned in and gave me a chaste kiss at my lips and I rested my head on his chest.He ran his arms around me and my back.

We broke the hug and went to our separate ways. I watch Sato hop into the cab and it pulls into the traffic, dissolving and disappears from my sight. It will take some time to talk to Riyuu about our relationship and allows us to see each other again.

 

I reached the entrance of the living hall and everyone was gaping at me. Dylan’s dad looked restless and his wife is trying not to look at me right in the eyes. My gazes fell on a big luggage not far from where Riyuu is standing; opposite to Dylan’s parents.

“Risa, we are going back to Tokyo tonight. I have booked a ticket and dad is waiting for you at home.” Riyuu said, breaking the silence. Dylan look up and his brown eyes change—burning, raging.

“What? Suddenly?”

“We are sorry, Risa. This is for Dylan’s own good. And for you too.” Said Uncle. I don’t understand. I just reach Miyazaki not long ago, started school yesterday and now I have to go back to Tokyo? What is the reason? What is the logical reason that they come up for us?

“Mom, dad. You don’t have to do this. I’m fine.” Dylan cut in.

“No, Dylan. You are not. And you can’t even control of yourself. We are doing this for you, son. I know this is hurtful but you have to understand, our family doesn’t consent a marriage among family members. Not even once and also, will not be forgiven if it does happen.” His mom said. To that extend? It is not like I can’t help Dylan to forget about me. Suddenly Dylan ran and stood in front of me.

“No. I will never let Risa take her feet out of this house. Will never. I want her to be here, at my side.” He said, glowering at me from his shoulder and then back to his parents. Riyuu had his head in his right hand and sighed.

“Baby no. You can’t do that!” His mom’s voice increased. She then let out a sigh. “You will never let it go if Risa is still here with us. Take it seriously, Dylan.”

“Can’t you just understand me for a little while? I will try my very best to let go this feeling. But I just want one thing. That only thing is Risa to be here. I have been feeling so happy all this while. I have someone at my age to talk. I never ask anything from you, mom.. Dad.. This is my only request.” His voice cracked. The mighty looking Dylan, masculine, strong, wealthy and handsome suddenly had his voice cracked; almost bursting a sob. I think this is the best way for me to walk away. Again…

I run my hands around his small hips and bury my face in his broad and sculptured shoulders. “Everything that your parents do is for your own good. This will be my last goodbye. We are still family. We will see each other again, Dylan. Don’t be sad…” I said and let go his waist. He turned around and wanting to grab my hand but then his parents grabbed him while Riyuu had my baggage together with him.

“Thank you for everything, Uncle and Aunty. I hope we can meet again. Do drop by in Tokyo someday.” I said and flashed them a fake wicked smile, controlling my tears that is pooling in my eyes.

“I’m sorry that we have to send you away. It’s for Dylan’s own good.” His mom said. Dylan struggles in their parents grips to let go of himself. It was a heartbreaking to see him this way. Just not my thing to say a proper goodbye. I nod my head and we head towards a car parked opposite the house. Riyuu set my things in the trunk and I hopped into the passenger seat. Soon, Riyuu joins me into the driver seat.

Riyuu pulled into the traffic and along the way was a total silence but then Riyuu opened up a topic. “What is happening between you two? Aunty called me that morning, asking me to pick you up suddenly and to my surprise, she has packed your things by the time I came.”

“You know the roots.”

“Yes, I know but how did you manage to grab your own cousin’s heart?” Is he trying to mock me or he is impress at how attractive I am? Why can’t he leave me alone and worry his own showbiz more?

“Don’t ever think that we are going back to Tokyo you have a chance to meet Taki again. I will never allow that.” He added. Oh! Now he is speaking! He really got under my skin this time.

“What is your problem, Riyuu? Why did you hate Taki so much? He hasn’t done anything wrong and because you hate me seeing him and I can’t meet his other members too?” I blurted.

“You are seeing the others too?”

“Duh! Of course! y Zone is a five. Of course we will see each other. It is not my own purpose just to see Sato only. I came to meet the other members. Nakajima san and Kikuchi san were tutoring me almost the time. You know I don’t have a brilliant brain like yours. I need some tutoring.” I said, tapping my temple.

“Then, I will hire some private tutors for you. They can tutor you at home. Much more comfortable.” He said. Uhhh!! Why can’t he just stay away already?!

“Need money. Nakajima san and Kikuchi san are giving it free. I’m sticking to my original plans. And this time, try to stop me.” I said; exasperated. He will never understand or I will never understand his intentions.

I fish out my cell and scrolls the net. An article caught my attention and it was about Taiki. Oh my god! Taiki is on the net! I missed him so much. When will he ever come back and see me. I read the article and Taiki was arranged for an engagement with a daughter to this owner of one of the largest airline company in Asia. Netizens concludes that it is for the business purposes. Poor Taiki… He is the rat in the family for his family’s business.

Scrolling at his photos, he has a pair of sunglasses on, a leather jacket with a pair of jeans that tuck into his long-knee boots. Hoho, he is a diva now. And most of the photos were taken in various airports. Taiki is quite popular though. Hahah, I think I should call him.

I pressed his numbers and a few seconds later, it directed me into voice mails. I tried once again and still into voice mails. He must be busy then.. Never mind, I’ll give him a call next time. Riyuu glanced at me and he turned his eyes back to the road. His face shows that he is eager whom I was calling.

“Taiki. He is on the net everywhere.” I said and he grins. I assume he knew about Taiki’s engagement and we reached the airport for Tokyo. I don’t care people is staring at me where I’m still in school uniforms. I ignore their gazes and check into the airplane.

Goodbye Dylan. We will meet again. Don’t worry… Sorry for making you in trouble – Risa