My everything - Risa

A Shattered Heart

Risa’s Point of View

It was unexpected. I didn’t realise Sato was behind me all the time and not just that, he was listening to my confession. I didn’t know Dylan can notices him that fast. Does he know Sato Shori is actually Sato Taki?

After that, I ran to where Dylan was standing, leaving Sato behind. I didn’t have the chance to see him in the face as he blocked with his cap along his back facing me. He didn’t intentionally to look at me. Probably it was just a coincidence to see him here. Maybe y Zone is having their work here. Probably…

“Come. Mother is waiting for us.” Dylan said. I saw he looked over his shoulder and his gazes fall on Sato, which was 50 meters away.

“How did you know it was him?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“He followed us since the moment he got off from the cab.” He replied. Gets off from the cab? As I knew there were only two cars on the road and oh! Now I remember! I saw he got off at the bus stop not far from here. But I didn’t realise he followed us.

We reached home and aunt was waiting for us at the living hall. And surprisingly Dylan’s dad was with her, drinking green tea in yukata.

“Oh you two are back! Come come. Dylan, meet daddy. He’s back from Jeju.” Aunty said. I washed my hands in the kitchen and joined Dylan in the living hall.

“Hello, Risa. Nice to see you again.” Uncle said.

“Nice to see meet you uncle. You have met me before?” I asked. Uncle put down his teacup and corrected his position.

“Of course! I was with your mother when she gave birth to you. It was her first….” Suddenly he trailed off. Uncle and aunt traded glances.

“It was mom’s first.. and then?” I asked back. Uncle cleared his throat and turned to me.

“It was her first time having a little girl. She is beyond nervous. Too nervous than when she got Riyuu. Your time it was a normal delivery. I sent her to the hospital since we were close by before I married to your aunt here.” He said and aunt looked embarrassed. She might be thinking about her romantic proposal in the past.

“That was the first time I met you and after that I couldn’t be in Japan any longer. After I got married and we had to travel a lot.” He added. I nodded my head and I caught Dylan was not slightly interested in our conversation. He looked rather calm and ignorant.

“Oh by the way, why are you guys here? School hasn’t finish yet.” Uncle asked.

“About that….” I want to explain but I’m hesitating to reply his question.

“Someone bullied Risa in school. They threw her in the pool and got her lungs filled with water.” Dylan said bluntly.

“Really Risa?” Uncle looked shocked and he quickly turned to me. Aunt’s eyes widened.

“It was nothing much. Actually I wanted to swim to the corner but before I could, my leg cramped and drowned.” I said. “I hadn’t swim in a long time. It must be a shock to my body.” I added again.

“Oh, thank God Dylan was there.” She said in relief. “I should tell the school admission to have you in the same class as Dylan. Right bee? (A shortform of baby for her husband)” Aunt turned to uncle.

“No no no. It’s okay. I’m fine in my class. You don’t have to do that.” My hands waved in front of my face, declining aunt’s proposal.

“Dylan, will it be fine for you?” Aunt asked. We all turned to Dylan and he is still sipping his tea.

“I’m fine.”

“I’m gonna tell tomorrow. No buts Risa. For your own safety. If Riyuu knows, he will be panic and run down from Tokyo to Miyazaki.” Aunt said and flashed a smile. Oh, I can’t deny everything.

“Dylan.. Is it okay?” I whispered at Dylan. His right eyebrow arched and his small eyes glared at me from the corner of his eyes.

“Okay? Of course it is okay. Especially okay when it comes to Sato Shori.”

Excuse me? Are you trying to tease me Dylan? He is trying to tease me. Thinking back at the image of Sato earlier really bugs me. I wonder where he will sleep tonight. Is y Zone really in Miyazaki? I don’t see them around. Well of course this town is not small but Sato couldn’t be walking around by himself.

After I bath, I marched down the stairs and met aunt at the entrance. “Aunty, I want to have a short walk. Need some time to relax.” I said.

“Sure dear.” She smiled. I put on my sneakers and walked towards the lake. I found out there was one motel in my neigbourhood and a convenience store not far from the building. Sato could be in that motel. I walked, passing by the building and suddenly I saw a glimpse of shadow emerging in the park and it is a shortcut to the lake.

I don’t know why but I’m following the shadow and it led me right near the lake. The shadow was already gone but I saw someone else at the park. I walked closer to him and patted his shoulder.

He turned around, and surprised to see me behind him. “Hi.” I started.

“Hey” His lips curved into a warm smile. He looked happy to see me here. “I didn’t expect anything from you. I know I don’t deserve to be forgiven. I just want to see you. It’s enough.” He placed his hands on the wooden railing; supporting his weight.

“You didn’t do anything wrong. I was at fault. I shouldn’t have kept the pictures in my phone.” I said. My eyes locked at his side face, admiring every single picture under the shades. It’s totally dark.

“No. Please don’t say that. I feel so guilty for throwing temper on you. I was out of my mind. I really thought you did.” He said, turning his head to me.

“What are you doing here? The others are here as well?” I asked; changing the topic.

“No. Just only me. I took a few days off.” Sato said. He took off?! He can? But why here?

“I wish I can turn back the time. I really don’t want to be this awkward with you. But in the same time, I’m grateful to be here. I met my first time cousin who has been living in the same country but never knew his existence.” I said. Sato just looked at me without any words came out. “I should go now. I don’t know why I ended up here, with you. I don’t understand myself at all. Goodbye.” I said and walked away. I don’t want to walk away and stay longer with him. I missed Sato so much but in the same time I don’t want Riyuu knows that he came to see me and make me moved away.

A strong pair of hands clutched at me as I glanced down, seeing his arms around me. I can feel his warm breath at the base of my neck. He gripped me so hard that I couldn’t move. Don’t do this to me Sato. I almost tear up. His embrace is so warm and I feel secured.

“Don’t go… Stay with me……here.” He pleaded. His whispering voice desperately hold tight onto me.

“I want… But I can’t.” I slowly push his arms, releasing my petite body and he has me turned around; facing him. I stared in his eyes, his tortured mind telling me that he is hurt. Barely living with a happy soul.

Sato cupped my cheeks and he leaned forward; our faces just an inch apart and he found my lips. Caressing my face with his thumbs and he deepens our kiss. I can’t hold any longer. I can’t keep my feelings deep inside me from letting him knows. Sato just break the wall. He found the key and unlocked my heart.

He broke the kiss and I gasped for air. My eyes pricked and it rolled down my cheeks. He rubbed away my tears and pulled me in his arms again, my back. I tugged onto his shirts tightly and sobbed in his shoulders. That is when I feel all the pressures slide away and I feel so light. So calm, without thinking any more that hurts me. I want to go back to Tokyo. I just want to see Sato in my eyes. He is my everything now. My everything…