Stay strong myself - Shori

A Shattered Heart

Shori’s Point of View

My manager approves me to go to Miyazaki but I only have 2 nights to spend my time in Miyazaki and I’m not sure how does this city looks like. Can say that I’m a foreigner although in my own country. Kento kun and the other told me to send their regards to Risa but I hope I can meet her soon. And currently, she should be in school.

I glanced at my wristwatch and by the time the train stops at Kyushuu, it will be 12 noon. So, I guess I should take my lunch and walk around the town before her school time ends. There were not much of people around and I was relieved that the fans won’t detect me.

I got off the train and took a cab to Risa’s neigbourhood. It wasn’t a long journey from the station to her house. After I paid the taxi fees, I walked down further, towards the town and it was a refreshing air from the sea. The road doesn’t seem busy. Woahhh.. This is a really nice countryside. I think I should buy one house here for my settlements.

I was walking along the side of the road but suddenly my eyes caught a couple walking from the opposite of the road towards my direction. I can’t see them clearly and the girl looks like jumping excitedly next to that guy. When they are approaching me, I saw a familiar smile and stares.

It is Risa! I have found her! I was about to call her name but then that guy slung his arm around her shoulders and pulled closer to him and suddenly a speeding car passing by. She turned to him and I can see a loving stare from him. How can Risa be so careless? Since when she is so careless to her own safety? And who is that guy next to her? Is he her boyfriend? No. Please no!

I followed them quietly and they stopped at an okonamiyaki stall. I sneaked inside and took a table opposite them with my back facing Risa’s back. How I missed talking to my only girlfriend… Just for a moment for me to feel your presence at my side. Although you are enjoying every bits of your happiness with other guy.

“Dylan, by any chance do you know Taiki? Aunt Hania’s child.” She asked. Taiki? Who is he now?

“Taiki? Onozawa Taiki?” He asked while munching his food. Ohhh.. His voice is deep. Making his physical looked muscular by just listening to his voice.

“Yeap. Our cousin.”

“Yeah. Of course I know. I’ve met him when we were 13. That time we were in grandma’s house in Seoul. It was for holiday and that was the first time I met him.”

“How was he that time?” Risa asked again.

“You mean his attitude? Well he’s kind of friendly type and talks to all people. I’m not that kind of starting a conversation first, so mostly he will start to talk before me. Oh yeah, I remember. He mentioned your name. He asked whether you are coming to Seoul and in the end you didn’t.”

“I see. I wish to see him again but not sure when he will come back.”

Oh. Taiki is her cousin. Same goes to that guy named Dylan. Hahah! Oh my god, Sato Shori. He is only a cousin to Risa. Ah, I still have my chance! The food then served and I quickly cook them. Oh I’m starving to death.

“I heard from mother, you never know my existent? Oh what a joke I heard at first. You seriously didn’t know me before you came Miyazaki?” I heard Dylan asked. Okay, I know it is not a good thing to eavesdrop people’s conversation but I just want to know more about Risa. And her family.

“I didn’t know. Mom had never told me even until the day before she died. I think because we didn’t have any topic to start with and we don’t really do open house. Hahah. I knew Taiki because we used to play in grandma’s house before we move to Tokyo. Mom and dad have been always out every day and we barely have meals together. Only then Riyuu mentioned I’m going to move to Miyazaki and that was when I’m out at the train station.”

Risa is an orphan? I didn’t know… I didn’t realise I have stopped chewing my food and concentrated on her stories.

“Ah by the way, why suddenly you moved to Miyazaki? I got many questions from my friends about you and I don’t know how to answer them. Tell me…” He said, demanding.

“From A to Z?”

“A to Z”

“It started when I got a friend like my only friend and got so close. It was almost two weeks we have known each other and he is kind. Then, Riyuu gets to know my relationship with him and he asked me to stay away from him. Riyuu mistakenly thought that we are in a relationship because that boy gave a peck on my cheek and Riyuu saw it. I couldn’t explain how and Riyuu didn’t want to listen to my explanations at all. After he knows, that boy’s real identity revealed and the whole school knows. That boy thought I was the culprit but I didn’t.” Said Risa.

She is telling about me… I know Risa. It was my fault. I’m sorry..

“How you explain to that boy and moreover, you keep on telling me that boy, that boy. He doesn’t have a name?” Dylan asked. Okay, that hurts me.

“Of course he does. What? Do you think he is a kind of a pet who doesn’t give names? Even nowadays, pets do have their names.”

That’s deep. I have mistaken Risa has changed. She hasn’t. Still as straightforward as she used to be.

“His name is Sato Shori. And in the end, he believed I was the one revealed his identity. He didn’t want to pick up my calls so I don’t want to disturb him anymore.”

“And Riyuu-nii (Older brother Riyuu) made you moved to Miyazaki because he wants to cut off your relationship with that Shori and until now he hasn’t contact you. And my conclusion is he likes you.”

I accidentally dropped my silver chopsticks on the floor; causing the people in the room turned to me. “Sumimasen (I’m sorry)” and bowed slightly. I was about to pick up my chopsticks and my fingers accidentally brushed with Risas’.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She said, picking up the chopsticks. I pulled my cap lower to my eye level and gave her a slight nod. I saw Risa is staring at me from the corner of my eyes.

“What’s the matter, Risa?” Dylan asked.

“No. Nothing…”

I pretended I continue munching to my food with the new chopsticks given by the waiter. I must go out of here quickly before she realises it is I, who listens to whole of their conversations.

“You serious Dylan?”

“Yas. Of course. Hey, come on. If a guy suddenly gives you a peck on the cheek or lips, he likes you. Unless if he is a player.” Dylan said nonchalantly.

“Player… Okay, I don’t think so. He is rarely in school.”

“And he is an idol.” Dylan said again. Okay crap he knows me.

“How did you know?!”

“Oh my god, Risa. Isn’t that obvious? Riyuu-nii (older brother Riyuu) is an idol and he saw him kissed you. After that, where can it be if it is not in his workplace? Riyuu-nii wouldn’t have much time to be around convenience store and definitely not in your house like oh my god. Are you crazy enough to bring a boy home? You might get killed with Uncle.”

“You got the point Dylan. You are damn smart.”

“As expected. But luckily you didn’t get any scandals with him, did you?” He asked.

“Actually there was one but it cooled down after Riyuu’s agency revealed about me being his girlfriend. I mean an official statement that I’m not.” She replied. Dylan is dangerous. I sensed that he could detect me soon.

“One more thing, do you have feelings for him?”

Dylan’s last question hit me. He just made me realised about Risa’s true feelings. I never know how she feels when she was with me. I leaned at the chair closely to hear her answers.

Risa didn’t reply and I’m so curious right now. The silence grew longer.

“I wish you don’t because I don’t want you to have any. Reason? Same as what Riyuu-nii (older brother Riyuu) said and a specific reason is… Well that will just keep to myself for now.” Dylan added.

A specific reason just only him knows? Wait…. Is he telling that he has a feeling for Risa too? A cousin likes his own cousin? I know it is legal but won’t he feel awkward liking his own cousin?

“I’m not sure myself.” Said Risa

“If you don’t, you should tell him. At least, he can stop giving you skinships and if I were Riyuu-nii (older brother Riyuu) I would have suspected your relationship with him. And your actions does make your older brother curious about you telling him lies. I’m sure you denied you didn’t like him in the first place.” Said Dylan.

“I guess you did not like him. Right?” Suddenly his ‘right’ word ascended.

“Who are you referring to?” Risa asked. I stood up and took a note out of my jean’s pocket.

“I’m talking to the person who has been listening to our conversation since the start. He dropped his chopsticks because he was shocked when I said ‘he likes you.’ Too bad, you did not get the answers that you wanted to hear the most, Sato Shori.” Dylan said. I froze on my feet. I couldn’t move. I’m detected.

“What? Sato?” I heard the chair that Risa is sitting moved. I walked to the counter and left the note without taking the change. I’m caught. Freaking caught by Risa now. My feet moved faster, hoping Risa couldn’t trace me but I’m wrong.

“Sato..” She got my hand and I stopped. “I didn’t expect you would be here.”

“Sorry. You are talking to the wrong person.” I pulled my cap lower and left her behind.

“If you are the wrong person, why didn’t you at least turn around and look at me?! I know it was you Sato Shori! You! Sato Shori who is running away!” She screamed. I couldn’t stand anymore. I stopped from running and dropped on my knees; the bag that I was carrying over my shoulder slipped and fell on the ground.

“Yes…. I am…” I whispered.

“Why did you come?” I heard her voice just right behind me. “Why did you come in the first place? I don’t want to move away any more. I had enough fighting with your senior Haru. This will never happen if you never kiss….me.” Her voice sounds whispering. I heard her footsteps is moving away. No. This is my only chance.

“Because I miss you!”

Because I like you Risa…. I can’t hold my feelings for you. I’m such a coward. And just only now I told you my real feelings. You can reject my love for you but don’t torture me for leaving me behind. I can’t live without seeing you for a day.

I just want to see you smile… That’s all. And smile because of me…


Risa ran away and I have to get up from the ground. I’ve been caught and definitely Risa wouldn’t want to see me already. Judging by her reaction just now, I should have think before coming here. I walked along the road and took a seat at the bench, facing the open sea.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I fished out from my pocket. It was from Fuma kun. “Hello?”

“Have you reach there?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“Sounds like you have met her. And the encounter is pretty bad huh.” He said. He knows already.

“Almost…”

“I think you should tell her the truth. If not she will think that she is guilty and say that you are sorry.” Fuma kun said.

“Okay.. I’ll try..”

“Give a try. Okay, I’m going now! Good luck.” He said and hung up the call. It is going to be a tough day starting from now. Good luck to myself.