First meeting with Sato Taki - Risa

A Shattered Heart

It was unfortunate that today is raining. And I’m lucky I brought my umbrella along. I was supposed to be at home before 4 in the afternoon but then I have to stay at school for some things to settle. Usually I don’t really talk to people frankly but today I’m being unusual or am I being attached to something? I saw a boy who was standing at the corner of the building, shielding from getting wet—sighing. I looked at the umbrella in my hand and took my feet; standing by his side.

“Here. Have it.”

He raises his chin and turned to his right, positioning his gazes down to my small appearance. “Sorry?”

“You can have my umbrella.” I repeat.

“But, how are you supposed to go back? It’s still raining heavily.” He said

“I will probably stay at school until the rain stops or will find something to do while waiting.” I said along with a small smile curved at my lips.

“I’m not sure with this but where are you staying? Maybe I can just drop you by and I will leave for my work”

“Not far from here.”

“Great. You will lead the way.”

He took my umbrella and opened it. We walked together, sharing the same umbrella but then he stopped right a few feet away from a secluded building. He glanced for a moment and turned to me.

“You are working there?” I asked.

“Erm.. yeah.”

“Since we are already close by, it will be great for you to be early.” I said, taking my feet with me. He quickly follow my steps and he walked at my side.

“Thank you for lending me this umbrella.” He said, correcting his fringe.

“Sure.” I said, taking the umbrella from his hand but suddenly a man approached and slung his arm around his shoulders.

“Hey Taki! You came today! Oh, and who is this? Your girlfriend? You have never introduce us a girl. They will be happy to know. Come! Bring her in!” He said excitedly and marched into the building. My jaws dropped. Couldn’t interpret his co-partner’s words.

“Sorry about that. I… er…”

“You will feel uncomfortable. I don’t mind. I’m going now. Sorry to disturb you.” I said and raised the umbrella above me.

“I’m sorry again and thank you for the umbrella.” He said and walked pass through the door after he punch the code.

The next day, I was walking from the Science Lab after I fed the guppy fishes and I saw Taki were washing his face at the sink. He was having his PE class. The way he flips his fringe and wipe the left water on his face gave me chills. Somehow, a lightning just struck my eyes and I’m all over him. His image is lingering in my mind. He took his sports bag but then his ID card fell on the ground. I quickly pick it up and surprised that the name printed was not Taki but Sato Shori. The picture was still his’s but only his name. Maybe he wanted his co-partner to call him Taki. Probably he likes that name though..

The bell rings and I quickly shove my things into my bag and ran down the stairs to catch my shoes before the exit door is crowded. Today, Taki.. I mean Sato is not at the corner where I first met him. I turned my head back and forgotten that his ID card was with me. I must go to his work place no matter what to return his ID.

I walked along the same way we did yesterday and stopped at the entrance. I couldn’t get pass through the security code. I tried to use the main entrance but the security guards doesn’t allow me to. They thought I’m a crazy fangirl who is trying to break in. This is so troublesome. I leave the building and takes a seat on a bench, not far from the building.

“Are you the girl that Taki brought yesterday?” A husky voice approached me. I glanced up and it was the guy yesterday.

“Yes. That’s me.” I replied.

“What are you doing here? Do you want to meet your boyfriend?” He asked.

“He’s not my boyfriend. We are just.. friends.”

“I see. Let me see…..” He glanced at his watch and bit his upper lips. “He should be free now. Do you want to meet him? I can bring you in. Let’s go!”

He pulled my wrist with him before I could reply. We entered the building through the behind exit door and I’m amused at so many people are working in here. Such a small building but there are plenty of people in here. Wait! I knew him! He was the main actor in Ikemen Desu Ne! I can’t remember his name…. Tamamori something….

I didn’t realise my steps were already stop; opposite to an open door of a room. The guy earlier peeked in and he knocked on the door. “Sorry to interrupt! May I come in?” He said. A ‘yes’ echoed the whole room after that.

A while after he came back to me and pulled my wrist with him. “Taki! You have a guest. Your girlfriend is here!” He said.

“I’m not his girlfriend!” I mouthed. That guy chuckled and leave me standing in front of an unknown guy. How am I supposed to react to this awkward situation?

“You? Why are you here?” He asked. A familiar voice… He is Taki?! I mean Sato?!

“You are Taki?”

He was about to answer me when suddenly there is a white man looking appeared from nowhere; interrupting us. “This is your girlfriend Shori-kun? Wow. Nice to meet you. I’m Marius. But why are you calling him Taki?”

“Hi. I’m J. Risa. Isn’t that his name? Because the guy earlier called him Taki before. So, I thought his given name is Taki.” Are they actors? I have never seen them before in tv.

“Please excuse us.” He pulled me with him and we are in a hallway with no people. So peaceful.

“I came to return this. You dropped your ID card this morning.” I said, handing him his ID card.

“Thank you. I thought I lost it somewhere.” He said, taking his card.

“Sorry about that earlier. I don’t mean to discomfort you.” He said in his low voice.

“You work as an actor? Wow. Born to be talented.”

“No. I’m a singer and I have to earn for a living. Please don’t tell anybody especially school student council. You are the first to know my activities after school. Please…” He begged. I don’t want to join but I have no choice to keep it as a secret.

“How do you manage to hide your identity where your ID card is written with your name? Or you have a stage name?”

“I use Taki as my stage name. And sometimes the members would address me as Sato so the fans thought I’m Sato Taki.”

“Sato Shori! It’s about time! Oh, hi there!” A member of his called from the room. I bowed to him and turned back to Sato after left.

“Will you promise to keep this as a secret?” He asked. His voice sounds full of begging.

“Trust me.”

“Thank you. I have to go now. I have a PV to shoot. See you later.” He left and I bowed a little, signaling a goodbye to him. I left the building and a few black cars strolled down the road. My eyes glued at the third car passing by and dissolved in the traffic.

I went back to school to continue with my extra-curricular activities and suddenly a few club members gathered around and they were fangirling over a picture of someone in the magazine. I don’t care who it is because I’m not that fanatic towards music industry. I mean something that related to idols, variety shows and concerts.

The next day...

“Oh my God! Look at this! They have y Zone as this month’s cover! I’m so happy. Look at the solo photo of Taki. He is so handsome!”

“I know right! Kikuchi Fuma too! Arghh, I feel like getting a job at Johnny’s and I don’t mind to be the cleaner as long as I get to see them every day!”

“Hey Risa..” Suddenly one of them called me. I turned to the crowd and gave them a curious look.

“Don’t you have something that you like? Or at least be a fan to any group?” She asked.

“I’m not interested.” I said bluntly. Seriously, I’m not interested in this things. I found out it is such a wasting of time.

“Hmph! You are just being not socialize. Why don’t you have a look at this magazine..” She tossed the magazine on my table and the photos of y Zone came into my view. I saw an A4 sized of Sato’s photo and he does look different in here. A few minutes later, an email notification came in.

I pushed the magazine aside and found an unknown number appeared on the screen.

    Hey, can you come at the rooftop for a while? I have something to tell you. –Sato Shori-

What? How did he get my email address? “Sorry, I have to go now. And by the way, keep on fantasizing. I’m not interested. Sorry” I said and leave them with a slightly bow. I jogged towards the highest floor of the building. The weather today is chilling and I found him strolling around the mini garden; flipping through flowers and leaves in the big vase.

“Hi.” He started soon I took a stop.

“Hi. What have you made me to come and see you?”

“Sorry to disturb you but my members wanted you to come again today.” He said, standing on his feet and walked towards my direction.

“Sorry?”

“I’m not sure how we got stuck in this situation but they are begging me to bring you to my work place again. And today, we will have our next session for PV shooting so they would like you to be there and play with them. It is a special invitation you know..” His lips curved into a small sincere smile.

“To be honest, I’m not sure how we got stuck either but it just happen. And again, to be honest I’m quite lazy to go anywhere today. I want to study for our upcoming tests. And you are sure I’m not in the good class.” I said. He looked disappointed with my straightforward confessions. I just can’t help with my mouth to tolerate this kind of wasting-time-activities.

“We can study together. And they can help you if you need them. Kento kun and Fuma kun are quite good in their academics.”

“We’ll see how you can manage that Taki kun.”

“Shh!! People can hear us!” He covered my mouth with his right palm and his left index finger at his lips; hushing.

“Sorry.” I apologised after he released his hand from my mouth. The bell rang and both of us ran down the stairs and to our class.

The last bell rang and everyone quickly stuff their bags with everything that they need to bring back home. For an hour, I forgot about Sato’s proposal earlier. I doubt my decision not to go to his work place again but at the same time, I want to see them. What should I do?