And I Miss Him....

The Last Thread Of Love

It was already eight that night, but the restaurants were still up and about. Thus, Shin Woo treated her to a fancy one.

While waiting for their orders, Mi Nyu began talking about her life in Africa. Throughout the whole dinner, she was talking about herself that she forgot to let him speak up. And even as they left the restaurant, she had been talking.

Finally, they exited the restaurant and went to the amusment park. The park still looked the same, though the rides had been repainted.

"So, how are you Shin Woo-hyung?" she said. "Joesonghamnida. I had been doing all the talking."

"Gwaenchanha. I am fine," he said.

Then, he spotted a single red maple leaf hanging from a branch.

"You like it?" he asked her, and she nodded.

He stood up to retrieve the leaf. And that is when Mi Nyu realized that something was wrong with Shin Woo.

"Shin Woo-hyung is walking with a limp," she finally observed.

He handed the leaf to her and replied, "Ye, when I fell off the stairs, it was horrible that the doctors had to operate on me and attach my bones with metals."

"Oh dear," Mi Nyu whispered. She shed tears upon hearing what happened.

"The accident was so horrible that up to now, even with practice, I could not stand up for more than an hour. Even the doctors advised me against standing too much. That is why I quit the band because I will never be able to stand on stage again," he said.

Mi Nyu hugged him and cried. "Joesonghamnida, Shin Woo-hyung..."

He looked at her. "Gwaenchanha. I think it is better for me to be a composer. I studied on my own and had mentors, and Tae Kyung was one of my past mentors."

"Geuraeyo?" she weakly replied.

He smiled mysteriously. "But before I was hospitalized, I did the last thing I could to show my love for you before eventually letting go."

Mi Nyu felt her heart broken into a thousand pieces. She swallowed hard before answering. "What is it?"

He looked at her and squinted his eyes. "It is giving you to Tae Kyung."

Mi Nyu was crestfallen. "Hyung, Hyungnim and I broke up last week."

He looked at her, surprised. "Geurae? I wonder. But it seems that he had been dating Yoo He Yi lately."

"Geuraeyo?" she asked, and he nodded.

Then, out of a sudden, she finally said. "Shin Woo-hyung did not play with my hair."

He smiled. "I gave all my habits up the day I let you go."

Mi Nyu's face fell.

"I did my thing for you silently, because I was thinking that no matter what I do, you will never love me back. Also, I was thinking, maybe we might not see each other again. I thought it was finally time to let it go," he said.

Mi Nyu tried so hard to fight back her tears. She did not want him to show him that she was hurt. Finally, Shin Woo announced it was time to call it a day, so he accompanied her to the dorm.