Before She Left....

The Last Thread Of Love

Mi Nyu was scheduled to go to Africa with a friend nun, and she went downtown to get her plane tickets. As she was walking down the street, she did not notice a black car swerving towards her. She would have been a corpse had it not been for a stranger who pushed her aside...

When she woke up, she found herself in a white room. Her head felt so painful that she grimaced even without trying to. She saw Manager Ma and Mi Nam staring with concern.

"Ya, Mi Nyu-ya, gwaenchanha?" Mi Nam asked in great concern. She could see that he was shedding hot tears.

She nodded. "Gwaenchanhseumnida. What happened?"

Manager Ma fidgeted before answering. "Witnesses say that you were almost hit by a black car, but someone pushed you, so you were thrown to the sidewalk."

"What about the other person?" she asked.

"They said he or she was hit and died on the spot," the manager explained.

Mi Nyu cried. She was happy for her second life, but she was sad because someone died while saving her.

"Do you know his or her name?" she asked, but the two shook their heads.

She vowed to pray for the soul of the dead.

*****

Two days later, she was discharged. Jeremy, Tae Kyung, Mi Nam, and Manager Ma came with her.

"We told the nun what happened, so don't worry about the tickets," Tae Kyung told her.

"Gomapseumnida, Hyungnim," she replied.

She scanned around. "Where is Shin Woo-hyung?" she asked.

"A few hours before your accident, he left for a vacation to Busan," Tae Kyung told her.

Mi Nyu felt sad. She knew she could never love Shin Woo, but she felt bad breaking his heart. She felt bad not being able to see him before she leaves for Africa.

"Did...did he know I got into an accident?" she asked.

"Andwae," Tae Kyung said. "I tried to call him but his connection could not be reached."

"I guess just let him go, Mi Nyu-ya," Mi Nam told his twin. "We will tell him once we could reach him."

As they passed by along the hallway, they were met with nurses pushing a patient on a stretcher. The patient was heavily bandaged, so it was impossible to see his or her face. A crying mother was beside him or her. They turned to look.

"I felt bad for that person," Mi Nyu said to them. "Somehow, it reminded me of that person who saved me life."

*****

And thus, Mi Nyu was able to go to Africa.