London

Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London, 2014

11:41 PM

 

Donghae's intentions were solid. He knew his appearance in London Korean Film Festival a few months earlier than announced, and he found a way to make the organizers and managers approve of Hyukjae tagging along the event. Instead of coming to London with his co-stars in the movie "The Youth", he knew exactly he'd survive better when it was Hyukjae beside him. The latter agreed right away upon hearing the word "London" and Donghae knew why just now; it was just a few hours away from Paris where Hyukjae took his family to today.

 

As contemplative as he was earlier, he relishes the warmth of his bed, thinking about all the years they spent; apart and together. He was thinking if it was worth it to make his decision now, away from the prying eyes and from the ridicule of people. Earlier, he was walking the streets of London and stumbled upon the artistry of the country in the form of street musicians. One of them tugged a string in his heart and pulled the trigger in his mind.

 

"Oh simple thing... where have you gone... I'm getting old and I need something to rely on..."

 

First thing that came to his mind was the man who he came with. The man who altruistically let Donghae run free at the airport and bravely faced the crowd who mobbed him. He can't explain but he had this boiling feeling he kept inside him for years now, afraid that things will turn out not exactly as how he wanted to. But the past few months Hyukjae had been so responsive which made Donghae make up his mind.

 

"So tell me when you're gonna let me in... I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin..."

 

He misses Hyukjae. Which only made his decision more concrete. He had been pushing aside his emotions vut alas, not all secrets can be kept forever. At this age, Donghae is already apprehensive of his future family. Little did he know that life prepared a surprise for him.

 

He was inlove with Hyukjae.

 

He didn't know since when but one day, he just woke up with that feeling clutched to his chest; it might be their excessive skinship and fanservice but Donghae really thought of reasons why did he fall for this man. Hyukjae might be a cold-fronted persona, has sharp remarks at times, but it's the little things that made Donghae fall for him. His smile that can brighten up his whole life, his gentleness and gracefulness not only in dancing but also in dealing with people. Hyukjae loved his family the most too, that's why Donghae was sure he'd be a good man to his own family in the future. A positive man that Donghae is, he thought Hyukjae might be able to grasp the same feeling that Donghae has.

 

 

Paris, 2014

10:41 PM

 

Hyukjae sighed as he removed his socks and rolled himself to bed. It was an eventful day because he took his family to the Eiffel Tower and around Paris, thing that he always dreamed of. He was tired, but the happy kind of tired. It was a success and he is so happy right now. He turned to his side and caressed the empty space on the bed, "Soon, we'll see each other again. In due time." Hyukjae sighed dreamily. Paris is his favorite place and this was the City of Love after all, that's why he felt a little disappointed that he couldn't be with his loved one all the time. He had to be careful of his actions or else everything will be ruined. Besides, one of his principles in having a relationship is that you have to be distant from each other for a while for each of you to have a room to grow. Nonetheless, Hyukjae is happy now. He can't wait to tell Donghae.

 

 

London, 2014

London Korean Film Festival

 

The day of "The Youth" screening came and it was also the day Donghae and Hyukjae will be performing on one stage again. Hyuk arrived just a few hours before midnight and they didn't have the chance to talk that much. They needed to rest. Surprises can be on hold for now. Morning came for rehearsals and they did their duties as professionals, focusing their minds to give the best performance to this side of the globe whom they rarely visit, but whom they truly love. From time to time, Donghae glances at Hyukjae, admiring his ever passionate partner. After all, he was the reason why Donghae learned to dance, more than the level he was in during trainee days. He could credit half of his life to this guy and he wouldn't mind spending the rest of it with Hyukjae. 

 

Afternoon came and the showcase was almost coming. Hyukjae peeks at Donghae every other minute to check if he was nervous. He knew Donghae is a lost when he is alone at stage that's why he came with his buddy here in London. He is thinking of the Q & A that will happen later, Donghae will be alone at the stage with the interviewer and Hyukjae knew too well what Donghae would do: smile and act shyly. Donghae's shyness wasn't just an act though. Everyone knows he isn't "good at talking" but Hyukjae knows and God knows how talented this man is in expressing himself in another medium: photography. Hyukjae wants to make sure not to leave his buddy ever since on the stage later on, and will surprise him.

 

Six o'clock and the venue was being filled by most probably, ELFs, who made the sold-out status for this show possible. They see different faces, all excited and anxious as they are, when they take a look at the mini TV at the backstage. Donghae, sitting on a chair infront of the mirror, inspecting his face for any visible blemishes, was approached by Hyukjae. As usual, Donghae's heart fluttered at the mere contact of Hyuk's hands to his shoulders. Hyukjae bent down and whispered to him, "I have a surprise for you later." Donghae internally giggled and said, "Me too. I guess we really have something in common." Donghae smiled at the thought and he got reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter