The reason

A Lie for Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was late that night, and the rapper had a solo to record and finish for the next day. He was working alone with his noona on this. Or was he working?

 

“Noona, come on...

-Not in here Mino... there are cameras everywhere in this building, you know it!

-And I also know that we are safe here, in this corner...

-We're supposed... aaaah... we have work to do... Stop—Stop it now! Later, when we'll be at my place, okay? If you don't finish this song, you have nothing, though.

-What?!

-Just go in there and rap for me, we have two or three more hours of work. IF we work good.”

 

He kissed her furiously once, and waited a moment, in hope she would give in. But she didn't. He slowly backed off and walked on the other side of the studio. He closed the door, looking at her in the eyes. He walked to the mic, adjusted it and put the headphones on.

 

“It's well adjusted?

-Yep.

-Good. Test it please. Left.” she said as she pointed in the direction. He snapped his fingers and clapped. “Right.” he did the same on the other side.

“Very good! Do it all at once for a first time, I won't record you but you'll have the music.”

They worked like this for an hour and a half. When they were done recording, they had to cut and arranged the song, with the back vocals and the effects. Mino got back in the room.

“I'm a beast!

-Could the beast go get me a coffee?

-Yeah, no problem. Do I get a kiss...?” he said as he hugged her from behind, caressing her waist.

“Hm... yeah!”

 

She slightly turned her head and offered her lips to Mino. He then left the studio. He came back 20 minutes later with two coffees and some cookies. He watched her work late, and fell asleep a little. Around midnight, she was done.

 

“Hey, wake up pretty boy! Listen to the song while I'll smoke a cig outside.

-Don't smoke!

-I'm vaping, calm your ! I could even do it here.

-Then do it here!

-I need fresh air.”

 

She got outside with her phone and her e-cigarette. She opened her phone for the first time since the early afternoon. She had one vocal message.

 

“Hi, this is the Seoul National University Hospital, we call to give you results for your blood tests and your scans, please call back to take another appointment with Doctor Kim Soohyun, as soon as you can. Thank you!”

 

The nice tone of the secretary made her sick. But hearing that they had the results for her tests made her even more bad. She tried to calm down, and messaged Kwon Jiyong, her close friend, and the only one who knew about those tests. She told him they had called, and he called her.

 

“Hey, Junhi, you have the results, then?

-No, I have to take another appointment... do you want to come with me again?

-No problem bella. You're scared?

-Hm.

-Don't worry, it's probably nothing.

-Yeah, I guess. I have to leave you now, we're done with the song. Good night.

-Good night, have fun!”

 

She sweetly laughed and hung up. She got back inside, and to the studio, slowly. When she entered, Mino was sleeping on his chair. She saved her work on many displays and closed the equipment. She took some time to look at her lover, and then decided to wake him up. She kissed his lips sweetly, until he responded to her kiss.

 

“Take your things, we're leaving.”

 

He smiled like a kid and took everything, his things, her things, and they walked out. They walked into Seoul's night ambiance, for a while, until they arrived to Junhi's apartment. She had a nice, big loft in a new building. They got on her floor, and entered the place. She the lights, and as soon as the door closed behind them, Mino dropped the things on the floor, and jumped on his lover. They kissed passionately, and he grabbed her off the floor. He walked to the kitchen counter and sat her. He began to undress her, and continued to kiss intensely.

 

“Get me in the bedroom... Make me love tonight...

-Why so suddenly...?

-Because I love you so much...

-That's a good reason, yeah.”

 

She laughed hard as he took her in his arms again, and walked to her bedroom. He lay her on the bed comfortably. Eyes in eyes, they made love for a long time. He loved to hear her soft moans at each caress he was giving her. But what he loved even more was after they made love, when they were cuddling. Her body against his, they would speak for a while, before falling asleep.

 

“Baby...” he began as he was caressing her shoulder softly. “You said you loved me so much... but how much, exactly?

-So much that I want to be with you for a really long time. And really often.

-Do you want to get married?

-Not now. You only begin your career. After your military service.

-That will be long.

-That's why. If we are still together then, it'll mean we can engage ourselves in marriage.

-I'll always love you. It's so hard not to jump on you anywhere! When you are on stage, I just want to jump up there with you and dance, and touch, and kiss you...

-Behave yourself, young boy! And we have a YG concert coming next week, great!

-You're not happy? It seems like it's tiring you a lot recently, the work at the agency and the concerts.

-No, it's alright. But I'd just like a quiet weekend soon. And I hate planes.

-You'll sit beside me, and hold my hands. Everything will be alright!

-I love you!
-I love you more!”

 

They fell asleep skin to skin. The next morning, they had to wake up early, they had a meeting with the band and the other staff members who were working on the album. Later in the day, they would submit the final version of the album. Mino left earlier. Junhi joined Jiyong at the cafeteria a little later, before the meeting.

 

“Did you take the appointment?

-Not yet. Next Tuesday, is it good with you?

-Yeah, I got a lot of free time. Hey, you know what's the latest rumour?

-What is it?

-We are again the hottest couple!

-Holy cow, we just got a beer together!

-And they found that we had couple rings.

-Couple rings?

-You know, your silver ring that you always wear on your right hand? I got one that looks the same, and I wore it that day. Sorry!

-It's alright, I can't blame you for that.

-Have you talked to Mino?

-No... I want the results before deciding anything.

-Don't do anything stupid, please. The kid could take it really bad. He's madly in love.

-Let's stop this conversation here. I have a meeting. Have a good day, Jiyong!”

 

She smiled and walked away, to her office first. She took some

Please log in to read the full chapter