Final

First Movie Date

It’s a Friday night and Jeongmin getting ready to go hangout with his close friends. The said close friends were L.Joe and Peniel. Juniel wanted to get along together with them too but they didn’t allow her. “It’s a men-only night. No girl allowed”, they said.

Jeongmin looked at his reflection on the mirror when his phone ringing. He looked at the screen and he saw Peniel’s name on it.

“Yo Peniel. I’ll be get off in five minutes,” he said enthusiastically.

“Jeongmin, I don’t think I can go. An urgent matter comes up. I’m so sorry. Have fun with Byunghunnie.” Peniel said and ended the phone call afterwards.

Jeongmin couldn’t help but feel disappointed but he still have L.Joe to hangout with. When he was about to call L.Joe, his phone ringing and L.Joe was calling him.

“Jeongmin I’m sorry.” Was the first thing L.Joe said.

“Errr, not again,” Jeongmin thought.

“I forgot I’ve made plan with Ricky. He had been bugging me to accompany him to the PC Bang (re: internet game café) and unconsciously I agreed to go with him today. Go ask Juniel to go with you. Have fun and bye.” L.Joe finished his phone call without Jeongmin saying a single word.

“It’s gonna be too awkward if I ask Juniel. But I already bought three tickets,” he said to himself- hands dug into his pocket in search of the said movie tickets. He brought them up to his hand and just staring at it for a few seconds.

“Jeongmin, what’s wrong? You look so deep in your thought,” Hyunseong approached him. He went into the room to return Donghyun’s book he had borrowed before.

Without thinking, Jeongmin asked Hyunseong, “Hyung, will you go to the movie with me?”

Hyunseong didn’t have any reason to reject Jeongmin’s offer, “Sure. Why not?”, he answered.

 

Later Hyunseong learned that Jeongmin planned to go with L.Joe and Peniel. Jeongmin apologized to Hyunseong because he didn’t want Hyunseong to feel like a substitution.

“It’s okay. Stop apologizing,” Hyunseong assured Jeongmin.

“I still feel bad about two weeks ago though. You asked me to watch your favorite movie with you but I already made a plan with Peniel. I’m so sorry hyung,” Jeongmin apologized again.

“It’s not your fault. I should ask you earlier than Peniel did. Besides we get to see the movie today right? I’m happy enough for that,” Hyunseong said, showing his widest smile that made his eyes disappear. Jeongmin’s heart beat raced for a moment.

To say he was happy was an understatement. To be able to spend time alone together with Jeongmin, Hyunseong felt like he just won the lottery. Hyunseong had a crush on Jeongmin for God-knows-how-long. All the skinship he did on stage with the younger was part of his affection towards him. Jeongmin was like a ball of sunshine to him. Just by looking at the younger made him warm and happy inside. He didn’t expect his first love would be no other but his band mate.  He didn’t have many experiences in love unlike Donghyun or Minwoo. But he knew better than to ruin the friendships he had built with Jeongmin for years just because of a single love confession. So he kept his feeling inside and acted like a best friend he is to Jeongmin.

 

***

Jeongmin laughed out loud the entire movie. Hyunseong was wondering to himself, “What’s that really funny?”. Hyunseong couldn’t even understand the story line at all. Of course they put Korean subtitle on it. But Hyunseong was too distracted by Jeongmin’s laugh sound to read the subtitle properly. Hyunseong liked hearing Jeongmin laughed. It’s like a melodic tune in his ear. He stole a glance towards Jeongmin who sit on his right. Jeongmin looked so focus on watching the movie. He didn’t even realize Hyunseong’s stare. Jeongmin laughed again and that’s making Hyunseong laugh too. Because Jeongmin looked so adorable when he laugh. He restrained his urge to extend his hand and pinch Jeongmin’s cheek. He looked back to the screen but nothing interesting him anymore. So he spent the rest of the movie watching Jeongmin laughed his heart out. He didn’t feel any regret.

 

 

The next day …

Jeongmin got a phone call from L.Joe, said he’s sorry for cutting off the plan like that and promised him the next time he won’t cancel it again.

“How was the movie? Was it good? I heard it’s funny”, L.Joe asked curiously.

Jeongmin went silence for a minute. Then he answered, “I don’t remember at all”.

 

 

THE END