Behind the Business

Karma Café

 

"WHO ING DARED TO DIRTY MY PRECIOUS BAR?!" Kris roared when he saw a pile of moist tissues on his bar counter.

Baekhyun walked in and scraped his ear with his delicate finger. "Stop it Kris. Your voice almost killed me." He grunted as he sat in front of Kris.

"Yah! Do you know who's the culprit?" Kris asked Baekhyun impatiently and pointed angrily at the pile of moist tissues.

Baekhyun had already lost interest and was playing with his phone. "Even though I know, I won't tell you.” He sighed as he lost the game just before reaching a new high score. 

Kris almost released an angry string of curses at Baekhyun when suddenly Tao and Junmyeon rushed in together hurriedly.

"I'm...I'm sorry Hyung." Tao apologized softly while cleaning up the mess that he made with Junmyeon.

"We're sorry Kris." Junmyeon said in a guilty tone. "We watched a movie here and it was so sad! We cried together and… needed some tissues." Junmyeon squeaked.

Kris let out a small groan of frustration when Luhan joined them at the bar.

"Both of you are still here?" He asked, referring to Tao and Junmyeon.

"Before they even think of leaving, they should clean up the disgusting mess they made first." Kris grumbled as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Luhan cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"We... watched a sad movie at the bar." Junmyeon explained. "And.... yeah we cried at some parts. Tao and I, I mean. So, we used some tissues and left them on the bar table." he continued helplessly.

Luhan stared at Tao and Junmyeon while he contemplated on what he was going to do with them. Both of them had bowed their heads and looked down. 

"Guys, why didn't you watch the kitchen like usual?" He asked softly.

"Because... Yixing Hyung was working on some new recipes and it was so noisy! He used the mixer a lot." Tao reasoned.

Luhan sighed and placed his hands on his hips. "I won't get angry." He focused his line of vision on Tao and Junmyeon. "But you shouldn't do this anymore because I won't take responsibility if Kris kills both of you."

"Yes Boss." Tao and Junmyeon answered obediently.

"Oh stop calling me Boss." Luhan flashed his trademark gentle smile. "You can go home now anyway. It's almost closing time."

"Are you sure?" Junmyeon asked.

"Relax, we don't have any customers left. Today, it’s Baekhyun and Kris’s turn to help me close the café right?" Luhan asked and glanced at the mentioned two.

"Yeah Boss." Baekhyun answered lazily and Kris nodded.

"Okay. Oh... I should talk to Yixing before he leaves." Luhan said and left to go to the kitchen, closely being followed by Tao and Junmyeon.

"Wanna drink something? Vodka? Brandy? Wine?" Kris offered to Baekhyun after Luhan's back disappeared behind the kitchen door.

"Stop it. You’ll get scolded by Luhan if he catches you stealing alcohol." Baekhyun warned and narrowed his eyes.

Kris grinned. "He won’t notice. How about a shot of tequila?" Kris attempted again.

"Oh c’mon Kris. I'm not interested in you." Baekhyun stated coldly.

"But why? I'm hot and you're hot too! Besides, didn’t you say your ideal guy was handsome and tall? Congrats! He’s right in front of you!" Kris bluffed and gestured to himself with a flourish.

Baekhyun ignored him. Kris won’t lose this opportunity. "Tequila then?" 

Baekhyun stared at him and smirked. "Are you sure you can deal with the stress that comes with a drunken Baekhyun?"

Kris raised an eyebrow. "Why? How crazy do you get when you’re drunk?" 

Baekhyun shook his head with a bitter smile on his face. "I will cry." He answered cryptically.

Curiosity began flowing through Kris's brain. "Cry?" He repeated the word, unsure of what he had heard.

Baekhyun exhaled and looked up at the ceiling. "I'll cry until my eyes swollen just because... I don't trust love anymore."

Silence hugged both of them for a while after Baekhyun's last statement.

"Ah... closing time! We should tidy up now," Baekhyun finally said and jumped up from his seat to go to the kitchen.

Kris frowned his forehead and try to digested what's the meaning of Baekhyun's last words.

***

"So you really can't read that Oh Sehun guy's past?" Junmyeon asked Luhan while they were cleaning up the kitchen.

Luhan thought for a moment. "Yeah, I can’t. I don't know what it is but his past was totally dark."

"Woah! Maybe that might mean...something special, right Hyung?" Tao said, glancing at Luhan.

Luhan shook his head. "I don't know. I’ll figure it out later or called my grandmother."

Luhan has the ability of clairvoyance and the sixth sense. His ability has been passed down in his family from generation to generation. Luhan's grandmother is a famous fortune teller in Beijing, Luhan's hometown.

"Oh... closing time! I should help Baekhyun and Kris. You can leave now. Minseok’s already left. Be safe." Luhan said to his employees and left to help close the café.

***

Kris scrunched up his face when he felt a hard slap to his head.

He groaned in pain and turned around to find the perpetrator. He flinched when he found himself facing a dark look from Luhan.

"I saw you before. Seducing Baekhyun with alcohol…no?" Luhan pointed an accusing finger at Kris's chest.

"Whoa, whoa! Calm down Lu. I was just offering him a drink. He rejected me like usual anyway." Kris frowned.

"Listen Kris! Don't you dare make Baekhyun drunk or I swear I'll rip you into seven pieces!" Luhan threatened in a fierce tone at the tall bartender.

Kris squinted his eyes. "What happens when he is drunk? Does he beat people up? Does he dead or something? Everybody has unique drunken state! I take off my shirt when i got drunk!" He responded in brazen manner. 

Luhan massaged the bridge of his nose softly as frown lines began to form on his forehead. 

"Fine! Do whatever! But don't call me when you regret it! You moron!" Luhan challenged harshly, before softly letting out a string of angry curses and leaving with fast loud steps.

"What the hell!" Kris grumbled, totally annoyed that he couldn’t understand the cause of Luhan’s behaviour.

***

 

So, this is chapter 3!

Romcom isn't good enough without a lil bit melodrama right? *wink*

I hope it turned out well! <3

Guys! Omg 110 subs, 13 voters and so much comments *SOBS*

YOU ARE AMAZING I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3

Got a great help from ByunBaozi03757 for this chapter as well! *wink*

- secretyeoja -

 

P.S: Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Junmyeon, Kris and Baekhyun are 25th years old (same age friend)

Tao is 22nd years old (the magnae of cafe staffs)

Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun, Jongdae, and Chanyeol are 18th years old hot highschoolers (LOL!)

Sehun is the magnae from the group ^^