Hurt

Karma Café

 

“Please repeat what you said before.” Luhan closed his eyes and leaned his back in his leather office chair.

Yixing gulped and shared a nervous look with Junmyeon.

“We… we’re getting married soon. In Spain.” Junmyeon said carefully.

“We’ve already found our substitutions, Luhannie.” Yixing smiled, trying to cheer up the situation.

Luhan opened his eyes slowly. His expression darkened.

“YAH! It’s not about your substitutions!” Luhan yelled and gritted his teeth.

Junmyeon almost broke into tears at the sudden outburst. Luhan was always so gentle, so soft…..

“Luhannie, we’re really sorry.” Yixing grimaced, and approached the young boss.

“If… if you want, we’ll postpone our wedding date.” Junmyeon said softly, and cringed at Yixing’s glare.

“NO… IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” Luhan yelled desperately.

“So, what is it? C’mon Luhan. Talk to us and get straight to the point like you usually do.” Yixing groaned, quite frustrated at the sudden obstacle between him and his happy future with Junmyeon.

“HOW DARE YOU DECIDE TO GET MARRIED SO FAR AWAY? I CAN’T AFFORD IT YOU KNOW!” Luhan shouted in frustration.

“What???” Yixing and Junmyeon deadpanned.

“Pabo!” Luhan grinned widely and embraced his two chefs.

“Lu… han.” Junmyeon said in disbelief.

“Luhannie.” Yixing said softly.

Luhan was on the brink of crying, but he held in his tears.

“I’m just so happy you know? I didn’t think this day would come so fast. But of course, I knew it was coming so I accepted it.” Luhan flashed a heart-warming smile.

“You’re really an amazing boss!” Junmyeon laughed, his eyes sparkling.

“Thank you Luhan. We’ll back in Korea soon. Don’t worry.” Yixing reassured him happily.

Luhan smiled widely. “I wish your substitutions will be good as you two.”

“They’re good! I will introduce them soon!” Yixing said confidently.

“I’m counting on it, Zhang Yixing. Anyway, does everyone else already know your plans?” Luhan asked.

The two chefs shook their heads. “We’re keeping it a secret. We’re gonna tell them later when we’re all ready to go.” Yixing answered.

Luhan nodded and the three guys laughed happily before joining for another group hug in celebration.

Luhan will miss his lovely two chefs. His family.

***

Luhan left his office after hearing the surprising news from his two chefs and noticed the weird atmosphere between Tao and Kris. Tao always stole every chance to stare at the tall bartender. While Kris was clueless with the situation despite being in the centre of it.

“Tao, are you okay?” Luhan approached the café’s magnae.

“Ah! Luhan Hyung! Yeah… I’m okay.” He said and bit his bottom lip.

“Yah, you can’t lie to me. What happened between you and Kris? Why do you keep staring at him weirdly?” Luhan asked upfront.

“I’m not!” Tao waved his hands nervously and shook his head.

“Did something happen? You were together yesterday, right?” Luhan interrogated the waiter in a firm tone.

Tao sighed. “I don’t know what to say about it, Luhan Hyung.”

“Tao, you should know I’ll always be there when you need me. I’ll listen to you. So, please tell me what happen.” Luhan took a seat next to Tao and patted his shoulder.

Tao frowned in thought for a few moments before glancing towards his shoes and moving closer to Luhan. He whispered something to Luhan’s ear.

“WHAT? HE KI—,” His words were cut off when Tao sealed his hand tightly over Luhan’s mouth.

“Hyung! Don’t be so loud!” Tao warned in an irritated and panicked tone as he looked around to see if anyone had heard.

Luhan nodded and signaled to Tao that he could release his hand.

“Alright. So he kissed you just because he said you were noisy at that time? And did you like it?” Luhan asked suddenly with sparkling eyes.

Tao blushed. “I’m not… no… I don’t know… maybe… yes.” He hissed after recovering from some internal conflict.

Luhan facepalmed. “No Tao, you liked it.” Kris, you ing jerk! First, you chased after Baekhyun like a maniac, now you’re ruining this innocent boy? Luhan thought internally.

“So, is this the reason why you keep staring at him? You want another kiss?” Luhan teased.

“NO! For God’s sake I’m not, Hyung! It’s just because… after that incident… He just let it go. I mean, I don’t know, isn’t a kiss more like sacred thing? I… mean… do you just kiss everyone? No, am I right? I just thought that if he kissed me, it meant that he saw me as a special person. Though I’m not really sure.” Tao said bitterly and frowned at the ground despondently.

Luhan held the magnae’s hand. “Oh, my Dear Huang Zitao, you’re in love.”

“Hyung~!” Tao pouted.

“Yes you are.” Luhan said firmly. And unluckily, you fell in love to the bastard! Luhan continued inside his mind.

Tao shifted nervously in his seat and took the chance to steal a glance at the tall bartender.

“I hope you will keep your professionalism. Talk to me later okay.” Luhan ruffled the magnae’s fluffy hair gently.

Tao nodded and went back to the kitchen while Luhan strode towards the bar.

“What?” Kris greeted Luhan when he arrived at the bar and he felt the boss burning a hole into him with his gaze.

Luhan didn’t respond.

“Yah, are you drunk?” Kris asked.

Luhan observed Kris’s features. Yeah, he has handsome god-like traits: a sharp nose, thick eyebrows, sharp eyes, plump lips… Luhan tried to calculate and evaluate Kris’s charms.

“Luhan!” Kris shouted loudly to get Luhan’s attention.

“Um? Oh yeah. I want a martini please.” Luhan finally responded.

“You do know it’s like, the middle of the afternoon?” Kris eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Just served me what I want!” Luhan scowled.

“Okay, okay. Just wait!” Kris started his work.

“Hey Kris, are you still chasing after Baekhyun?” Luhan opened a conversation.

“No. Why didn’t you tell me about his past? I acted like pabo for seven months.” Even with Kris’s back facing him, Luhan knew the bartender was frowning.

Luhan put his hand under his chin in thought. “I know you’re a playboy Kris. A bastard.”

Kris finally turned around with Luhan’s order in his hand. “Yah! I’m not a playboy.”

Luhan took the martini glass from Kris’s hand. “You are.” Luhan said before he took a sip from the glass.

“Just because I have many close friends, doesn’t mean I’m a playboy! What are you talking about?” Kris argued.

“Kissing someone suddenly is also such a playboy thing to do.” Luhan said calmly while mindlessly mixing the clear liquid in his glass using an olive on a toothpick, which was used to garnish the drink.

Kris flushed. “Tao. Is this about Tao? I didn’t kiss him suddenly!”

“Yeah?” Luhan baited him.

“It happened so suddenly and he was noisy but he was just so cute when he talked like that so I couln’t help it…. Wait, why did I tell you something like this?!” Kris finally stopped mid-ramble when he realised he had just walked into Luhan’s trap.

Luhan chuckled as he walked away from the bar, downing his martini before setting it on the bar counter. “I’ve heard enough, Kris. Thanks for your confession and the martini.”

Luhan went back to his office with a cheekily grin fixed on his lips.

***

Jongdae went straight to Karma Café after school had ended. He walked directly to the coffee corner without returning Tao’s greeting.

“This is for you.” He smiled as he gave Minseok the gift.

The barista was quite surprise at Jongdae’s presence. “What is this?” He asked in confusion.

“A Christmas gift. What else? Wedding gift?” Jongdae teased as usual.

“For me?” Minseok widened his eyes. Well…why would he give me this? We’re not on good terms. Minseok thought.

“Of course! Just open it if you curious!” Jongdae said impatiently.

“Yah, I can’t accept this.” Minseok placed the gift on the counter.

Jongdae frowned. “Why not?”

“We’re not in a relationship where we can give gifts to each other.” Minseok explained hopelessly.

Jongdae shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t care if you didn’t prepare something for me. I just want to give you this. Please, Minseok-ssi, accept this gift.” And for the first time, Minseok heard a pleading tone from Jongdae’s voice.

Minseok thought for a moment and finally picked up the gift again. “Okay. Thanks anyway.”

Jongdae smiled. “Anyway, I want to tell you something. I won’t repeat it so please listen carefully. I’ve really liked you since the first time I came here. I know I was being such a before and was totally rude. I asked questions that invaded your privacy, I teased you too much, I joked around every time we met. But, the only thing that you should know about that… was that I never thought of you as a joke. Well, maybe my personality made it sound like that, but believe me when I say that you’re not a joke to me. This are my true feelings and I know that maybe you don’t feel the same Minseok-ssi, but I want you to know, that I’m being really sincere with you.” Jongdae confessed and stared with a soft gaze at Minseok.

Minseok can only stand awkwardly.

“I know I’m only a highschool boy and maybe I’m still unreliable. But if you want to try, I’ll become the most reliable person in your life. You didn’t need to answer. I just wanted to confess my true feelings. I’m finished. Good bye, Minseok-ssi.”

With those last words, Jongdae turned around and walked out of the café.

Minseok blinked in confusion. “He talked like he was going far away. He even said ‘good bye’. Usually he says ‘see you again’. That’s weird.”

Minseok embraced Jongdae’s gift and held it against his chest without even realizing.

Jongdae was already outside the café. He remembered his mother’s voice.

You will graduate soon. Your father and I already arranged for you to continue your study in Toronto, Canada……………….

Jongdae grimaced bitterly as he walked home.

***

Kyuhyun visited Karma Café again. Changmin will come later because he’s held up by an important meeting. Kyuhyun was greeted by Baekhyun.

“Welcome to Karma Café!” Baekhyun bowed, but immediately paled when he recognized the man standing before him. Kyuhyun’s expression also changed.

“Kyu…. Kyuhyun Hyung!” Baekhyun shrieked.

“Baek… hyunie? You work here?” Kyuhyun said in disbelief while approaching the petite guy.

“If you know I’m here, he’ll come….,” Baekhyun whimpered fearfully.

“No, Baekhyun. Changmin really regrets his actions. He was also hurt, not just you.” Kyuhyun tried to calm down the situation.

“NO!!!” Baekhyun yelled, making the café staff rush in towards the commotion.

“Baekhyun, are you alright?” Junmyeon asked when he saw Baekhyun shaking uncontrollably.

“Who are you?” Luhan asked Kyuhyun.

“Are you… no way… the abuser?” Minseok whispered.

“You jerk! How dare you come here?!” Luhan grabbed Kyuhyun’s collar angrily.

Kris and Tao dragged Luhan’s body away before he could do anything too drastic.

Kyuhyun coughed and tidied his collar. “I’m Cho Kyuhyun and I’m not the guy that you all think I am.” Kyuhyun explained sourly.

“Is it true, Baekhyun? He’s not the guy?” Luhan asked softly.

Baekhyun just shook his head and said in almost inaudible voice. “His… friend.”

Luhan raged again. “But you’re the friend of the abuser, right?! Baekhyun told me!”

“Wait! I can explain! Yeah, I’m the guy’s friend but I never intended to hurt Baekhyun. And my friend, really regrets what he did to Baekhyun. He got treatment and he’s getting better now.”

“Baekhyun-ah...”

Suddenly another man appears in the café and calls after Baekhyun. Baekhyun flinched when he heard the voice. He looked up and saw Changmin. Shim Changmin. The guy that he used to love. The only one he ever loved and hurted him………

“NOOOOO! Don’t come near me! Don’t hurt me! GET OUT! GET OUT FROM MY SIGHT! LUHAN HELP ME! JUNMYEON, YIXING, TAO, KRIS, MINSEOK, EVERYONE!!!!” Baekhyun yelled crazily as he sobbed really hard into Junmyeon’s embrace.

“Baekhyunie, I’ve changed! I won’t hurt you anymore. Please believe me.” Changmin pleaded, sounding very hurt.

“He’s being really sincere Baekhyunie!” Kyuhyun supported his friend.

Luhan walked in front of Kyuhyun and Changmin.

“I’m sorry gentlemen, but if your presence harms one of my staffs, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” He said with the most mannered tone he could muster.

“But I want to meet him! I’ve been searching for him for three years!” Changmin tried to break through the barricade that surrounded Baekhyun.

Kris stepped forward and faced him. “If my boss told you to get out from here, you should get out, Sir.”

“Oh God! Baekhyunie, Baekhyunie!” Junmyeon’s worried shriek cut through all of them.

Baekhyun fainted……………............

***

CHAPTER 11 IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Thanks God it’s holiday so I can updated so fast ^^

Finally, Changmin met Baekhyun >.< I’m sorry for every Changmin’s fans I made him as the bad guy here *deep bow*

Thank you for this chapter too my lovely Gabby as always aka ByunBaozi03757! <3

And thank you for the subs, the upvoters, and everyone that leave kind comments <3

I love you guys! Don’t forget to check my other stories here and here ^^

- secretyeoja -