S.Korea/Malaysia I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

South Korea; Seoul - SBS Recording Studio   15:32

Kim Taeyeon fidgeted nervously as she sat on the plastic stool, waiting for her name to be announced. She was sitting in a cubicle on the set of the new reality game show '101 Nights' and was fretting over who her teammate is going to be for the next 101 days.

Please let it be Fany... Please please... If not, then Krystal. Either of them would be fine... Please don't put me with a stranger!

Since Tiffany and Krystal were both from SM, Taeyeon already knew they would be in this show too. She had also heard from Tiffany that her boyfriend Nichkun from 2PM would be on as well. The other guests remain a mystery to Taeyeon.

The MC, Jung Hyungdon's loud voice interrupted Taeyeon's prayers.

“Welcome to the most anticipated game show of the year, 101 Nights!” Jung Hyungdon's voice boomed from the speakers.

Taeyeon could hear the cheers from the live audience as Jung Hyungdon continued, “Today we will introduce the eight idols who will be competing in this show for the next 101 days! They will be split into teams of two and will travel to different countries completing missions in order to advance to the next country.”

Please let it be Fany or Krystal... Don't put me with some high maintenance model or stuck up jerk...

“And now to the rules! All teams are required to earn their food, travelling and living expenses while they are abroad. Always protect your team member because if he or she is out, you'll be out too! And lastly, have fun and playing dirty is allowed!”

The live crowd laughed at Jung Hyungdon's introduction and he continued.

“So now, let me introduce the contestants one by one! First here, we have Krystal from f(x)!”

The crowd cheered and Taeyeon listened to Krystal introduce herself.

Then, Jung Hyungdon's voice returned, “And next, from the nation's all time favourite girl group, Kim Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon's cubicle door slid open to be greeted by loud screams and chants of 'Seo Nyu Shi Dae'.

With a smile, Taeyeon said, “Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Nyu Shi Dae Kim Taeyeon imnida.”

The crowd went crazy as no one expected Taeyeon to be one of the competing idols. Taeyeon turned slightly to see Krystal smiling at her a few cubicles away. Out of eight cubicles, two were revealed. Two others contained Tiffany and Nichkun. So, who are the other four?

“And now, the third person is... Kang Minhyuk from CN Blue!” Jung Hyungdon announced.

Taeyeon watched as Minhyuk's cubicle door slid open to reveal the drummer of CN Blue.

Okay... Minhyuk is an okay person to be paired up with too... But of course, please let it be Fany or Krystal.

“The nation's betrayer from Running Man, Lee Gwangsoo!”

Oh no... Not Lee Gwangsoo please. I have been to Running Man to know he is too much of a troublemaker.

“Next up, flower boy, Nichkhun from 2PM!”

Nichkhun would be okay too since we're close now due to Fany... But of course, first choices would be Fany or Krystal.

“And another Running Man member, Haha!”

Haha oppa? He'll be okay too, I guess. But to spend 101 days with him... Will it be a little too much?

“And now, the second last person to be revealed, Tiffany from Seo Nyuh Shi Dae!”

Yes, let it be Fany please...

Taeyeon watched her best friend introduce herself and then sit back on her stool. Now there's only one last person left and Taeyeon was dying of curiosity. So far, everyone that had been announced wasn't too bad for Taeyeon. No whiny models or snobby idols. Will this last person complete the okay group of contestants?

“And now... for the last... you guys will be shocked! Sit tight and don't fall out of your seats, people.” Jung Hyungdon announced dramatically. “We have G-Dragon from Big Bang!”

This time, the audience went completely wild as the last cubicle door slid open to reveal a blonde G-Dragon.

Indeed, Taeyeon almost slipped from her stool as she never expected the G-Dragon to participate in a game show like this. Any game shows in fact. And just like Taeyeon, the rest of the idols seemed genuinely surprised as well.

“Annyeonghaseyo, G-Dragon imnida!” G-Dragon shouted to the audience.

His cheers and screams were the loudest and took the longest time to die down.

“We have all the members here so let's put them into their teams right now!” Jung Hyungdon said.

Taeyeon along with the seven contestants exited their cubicle and stood in a row on the stage, facing the audience. Taeyeon was standing beside Krystal and Minhyuk and was now starting to panic.

Oh no... Why G-Dragon? Okay, calm down, Kim Taeyeon, the producers wouldn't be so cruel to put you with him. It'll be okay...

“These teams that the production has put together all have something in common! Let's go with the first team. Lee Gwangsoo and Haha from Running Man!”

As the two Running Man casts ran to hug each other, Taeyeon sighed with relief.

Okay, so it must be Fany and me representing Seo Nyu Shi Dae!

“And next, Tiffany and Nichkhun, the real live couple!”

Tiffany smiled shyly as she walked to stand beside Nichkhun on stage.

What? Okay, no problem. Then it must be Krystal and me representing SM.

“Are you excited for the next team? From The Heirs, Minhyuk and Krystal!”

What?! What?! This means... No no no... How can it be? We have nothing in common! We rarely crossed paths!

Taeyeon stood rooted to the spot as Jung Hyungdon said, “And the remaining team is of course, G-Dragon and Taeyeon! Both leaders from the two most popular groups in Kpop!”

Nonsense... This is what we have in common? That's all?

The screams from the audience were defeaning but Taeyeon was in her own little world, still refusing to come back to reality. And at that very moment, Taeyeon wished she was not SNSD's leader.

“Since Taeyeon-ssi seems quite shocked, I think I'll move over to her.” G-Dragon said with a chuckle.

Taeyeon finally snapped out of her trance when G-Dragon stood next to her.

“Come on, fix that look on your face. We're on live TV for god's sake. I may not be your top choice but you don't have to look so disgusted.” G-Dragon mumbled as he stared ahead at the cameras with a cheery smile.

“Ch-Chaesonghamnida.” Taeyeon murmured and quickly gave a small smile to the cameras.

She didn't even know the disgust on her face was showing and she felt bad immediately. She really didn't like G-Dragon but she knew he didn't deserve that on live TV. 

“I hope you will all get along with your teammate since the both of you will be inseperable for the next 101 days!” Jung Hyungdon said with a laugh and then turned to the audience. “Remember to tune in to the first episode of 101 Nights tomorrow at 3:30 pm sharp on SBS!”

After the director shouted cut, Taeyeon along with the rest of the guests were led backstage and everyone started chattering.

“Yah, how are the rest of us supposed to win this if G-Dragon is here?” Haha complained good-naturedly.

“Hyung, your chances of winning is higher!” Jiyong replied with a laugh. “The both of you are from Running Man!”

Haha rolled his eyes, “I'll have a constant worry if Gwangsoo will backstab me any minute!”

Everyone laughed except for Taeyeon who stood quietly beside Tiffany. Jung Hyungdon appeared and everyone started bombarding him with questions.

“Hyung, we're really filming starting from tomorrow?” Gwangsoo asked.

“Will we be in Seoul tomorrow or another country?” Krystal asked.

Hyungdon laughed, “All I can say is pack your luggage tonight, everyone. You'll be flying off tomorrow and you're all meeting at Incheon airport.”

“Where to?” Many of them asked.

“We'll only let you know tomorrow. Pack your summer clothes! That's the only hint I'll give.” Hyungdon replied with a smirk.

Before anyone else could ask anymore questions, the MC excused himself, saying he has another recording to rush to and left.

“Isn't it winter in most countries now? Why summer clothes?” Tiffany asked.

“Are we going to Hawaii?” Krystal gushed happily.

“Either that or Singapore, Australia or New Zealand.” Nichkhun piped in.

“Or maybe it's Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia or Philippines.” Jiyong joined in.

“Aish, I wish they would tell us where we would be going already!” Tiffany complained.

Taeyeon could sense that everyone was excited about tomorrow and she was the only one dreading it. Why? Because of her teammate that she would be stuck with for the next 101 days. Taeyeon's phone vibrated and she fished it out of her pocket to find several texts from her friends.

 

From: Sunny 16:20
Omo, I just watched what happened, Tae! Be careful of G-Dragon, arasso?

From: Heechul 16:22
WTF, Taeng? Why are you paired up with him of all people?!

From: Yuri 16:24
I just heard from Youngbae oppa that you're paired with Jiyong oppa? He's not all that bad, I heard, but still we can never be too sure so be careful.

From: Seohyun 16:25

Unnie, fighting! Win this for all of us!

 

“You okay?” A familiar voice asked.

Taeyeon looked up from her phone to see Tiffany looking at her worriedly.

Tiffany dragged Taeyeon away from the noisy group of idols and led her into the empty makeup room.

“You hate pairing up with G-Dragon, don't you?” Tiffany asked after closing the door behind her.

Taeyeon nodded. God, this Tiffany really know her well.

“Well, you'll have to accept it, Tae. The both of you have to work together as a team now and you don't want to show how much you dislike him on TV, right?” Tiffany said sensibly.

“I know! But how do you expect me to spend 101 days and nights with that person? Can't I get out of this show?” Taeyeon pleaded.

“Yah, are you seriously thinking about quitting?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes. “Do you know the prize for winning?”

Taeyeon groaned, “I don't really care about the money.”

“It's not about the money! If either of us win, Seo Nyu Shi Dae will get to be Korea's ambassadors for three years! And you should know that that would gain us international fame throughout the world.” Tiffany replied.

Taeyeon slumped onto a chair and only groaned in response.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Are you seriously such a quitter?” Tiffany barked.

“A little.” Taeyeon admitted.

“He didn't even do anything to you so why are you so affected? Just play along and try to win! It's not worth it to quit now just because of everything you've heard about him.” Tiffany reasoned.

Taeyeon stared at her best friend, “Really? You expect me to be okay around him when he toyed with Sulli's feelings? How he introduced drugs to Bora? And how he tries to bed anything that resembles a female?”

Tiffany let out a huge sigh, “I know it's hard. But please try. Sulli has moved on and Bora is all clean now. And for the countless of women he has slept with, it's all consensual, isn't it? Not as if he them or anything.”

Taeyeon shot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter