Two

Evening Serenity

“Hi,” A voice crept out to my ear. It was short and firm but there was something in the voice that felt uncertain.

I looked up from my drawing book, finding Jongin’s best friend in front of me. Her face—I could tell—was fresh off the oven. By the oven, I mean bed. I could see her eyebags clearly on her pale face and her eyes were a bit puffy. She looked like a mess but she still turned out to be casually good. It was in the genes, I guess.

“Hi.” I replied, tight.

Then she sat down next to me. She looked at my drawing book—which I immediately flipped it close—and back at my face. Her face looked slightly scared when I close the drawing book and gripped it tightly.

The drawing book held a very secretive secret that anyone on Jongin’s connections can’t even see a single peek.

“I have a rough start.” She started.

I immediately replied, “I could see that.”

I pushed the drawing book back to my backpack and exchanged it with my sociology book. I flipped through the book and stopped at the page that we were going to learn. I read them thoroughly on purpose, just so I could make Sojung suffer from the tightness that I gave.

It did suffocate her, just for a little time, before she decided to play with her phone and she ended up laughing as she text.

It did suffocate me, for a long time, because she decided to not move from her seat and refused to leave me alone.

Then I got bored of reading about it. I’ve never been a fan of sociology—I’m more of a mathematic person. I loved calculate things and I’ve been lucky enough to be quite good at it—. I picked up my 2B pencil and drew things. At first, it was a straight line and I started to connect it to several diagonal lines. Under it, I gave a smooth oval shape with circle inside of it.

After sometime, I found myself draw an eye with certain sparkle on its iris. The ways I see it, the eye looked like have found something beautiful and it sparked on its iris or it was the eye of a beautiful person. I haven’t decided the background of it, but I’d prefer the person itself that had a beautiful eye.

“Nice eye.” Sojung nudged.

Why is this girl want to into everyone’s problems?

What does she want?

I didn’t reply neither I glanced at her. I went back to reading the textbook, leaving the drawn eye unfinished for a second and it was screaming to me to finish it. But I didn’t want to cause myself suffocation from the comments that Sojung made. So I left it be for a moment.

Sojung seemed to read the situation. She decided to stay quiet, continue to fiddle with her phone. It wasn’t even seven am (which the hour where school started) and I already wanted the school to end. But it was around the corner, seeing how so many students have arrived.

Having a problem to cope with sociality (for a long time), I flipped my book close, and left the class. Where would I go is something I’ve been asking to myself every time I wanted to be alone and after a few months, I got the answer that would solve it for a long-term: Bathroom. It was surprisingly lonely, quiet, and comfy. Even though sometimes, my feet were numb because sitting down for a long time, and people wouldn’t mind if we take a long time inside of it—because they think they knew what happen.

All of this made bathroom get in the first place of places I’ve frequently visit. It out visited my brother’s grave and school. I could visit bathroom twelve times a day both on sorting out my depressive mind and taking a dump. Sometimes procrastinating on PE class, because I’ve never been (and always won’t be) an athletic person to begin with. I can’t run. I hate running.

When I stepped into the bathroom, I found the bathroom to be quite riot. And the ‘riot’ word of mine is a bit different from the usual calculations, in riot I mean four girls staring at the mirror to beautified themselves and gossiping about things. The situation happened pretty frequent (especially when I need to get away on break time), however I still—and will be—not fancy its situation. When I say I want to get a quiet time, I mean it.

Then I passed through them and got into the middle bathroom stall, locked it, and sat with the closet closed because it was disgusting.

So I sat and did nothing.

Yes, on time like this, I heard them talking—it was just for fun. Sometimes it made me smile, and mostly, I just got bored but it killed my time in the toilet so I continue to do so: to kill time.

“Sometimes, I just want to smack her, you know…”

I just rolled my eyes.

Sometimes.”

And everything just went quiet and a loud rumble followed for a few minutes. I decided to ignore it because I didn’t seem to have any scenario that has any benefit on me if I were not ignoring it. So I just waited until the sound is gone. It faded and there were a lot of screaming and loud gasping. It was faint but loud enough to hear from the stalls.

“Oh my god,” One said. “This is creepy.”

“No way,” Other one gasped. “This is a work of art and Jongin deserved it.”

“It’s still creepy!”

“Wait. Who draw them?”

“Wait. There’s a signature right here,” It said. “Lee Yura.”

And I marched into the door, hitting the lock to open the door but it didn’t seem to budge at all. The lock stayed there and the door stayed locked close. I should’ve known how rusty the lock is but obviously I miscalculated. I repeatedly try to slide it open with my sweaty hands and it slipped down and I started crying. I broke down with my hands trying to slide open the jammed door because my worst nightmare that I could never think of had come true.

 


{AUTHOR'S NOTE}
I KNOW IM A ING . OKAY. MY NETBOOK BROKE DOWN AND DIED, LIKE LITERALLY. ((( 2 YEARS AGO)))  IT DIDN'T EVEN TURN ON ANYMORE. THAT CHEAP TECH. AND I LOST EVERYTHING, not only Evening Serenity but all of my imaginative (ty but idc I like what I write) stories and my ing TLP photos. The only picture that has Jongin walking pass me and it turned out blurry because I was shaking and he walked so fast. whatever. I overcome that a long time ago, and I've decided to drop the bomb on ep 2 because there's a lot to come, mate or if it isn't (which I haven't consider about that yet) you all deserve it (for those who still read this asspiece, you are blessed). ENJOY THEM!