From the beginning

Love with Lies

“Who will be my co-actor?”

Go Ara was discussing the script of “You’re All Surrounded”, a drama that was planned to start in a month. So far, she liked the script, maybe even loved it. If her co-actor was of her choice, she would accept the role, right then and there.

“Right now, we are considering casting Lee Seung Gi as the main actor. What do you think?” The producer searched her face, hoping to catch a glimpse of her decision on her expression even before she spoke it.

Lee Seung Gi. Yes, he was perfect for the role. She had seen him in Gu Family Book, and although she had not told anyone, not even her manager, she wanted to work alongside him. You could even call her a fan of his.

“Hmm,” she dragged out her response, even though it was very clear in her mind what her decision was. The producer started shaking his leg, clearly nervous. “He seems alright. I’ll do it.” She assured the producer with one of her dazzling smiles that men died for, and women would kill for.

~~~**~~~

“Miss Go Ara has already accepted the role. What about you Seung GI?” The producer was now meeting with Lee Seung Gi, hoping to confirm his role with him too so they could start filming the show. There was only a month left, and he was behind. The filming should have started by now, but they hadn’t even held the script reading meeting yet.

To Seung Gi, this show was important. Gu Family Book had turned out to be more popular than he expected, and now his fans had high expectations of him. One wrong decision and his popularity would drop. However, this script impressed him. Not to mention the fact that he was a bit of a risk taker.

“Ok. I’ll do it,” He smiled at the producer.

“That’s great! I look forward to working with you,” He shook his hand, and after drinking a sip of his coffee, and shaking Lee Seung Gi’s hand, he left the room.

Now that Seung Gi thought about it, the script was more than impressive; it was fantastic! The only problem was Go Ara. He had never liked her much. Ever since the first time he had seen her at one of Taecyeon’s house parties two years ago, he had instantly started disliking her. Something about her was so fake; he just hated her personality. It reminded him of another girl he had known when he was younger.  But, he had a feeling this show would go on to become a hit. He needed it.

Whatever, I’m a professional. I can’t let people like her get to me. I’ll just have to bear through it, for a few months.

~~~**~~~

*A week later*

It was the day of the script reading. Go Ara stepped out of her van, which was parked in front of the SBS building. She was nervous because she didn’t know anyone from the cast, crew,or staff of the new show. More than that, she was nervous to meet Lee Seung Gi. Not because she maybe had a tiny, little crush on him, but because around two years ago, she had seen him at one of her closest friends Taecyeon’s house and he had completely avoided her. She did catch him looking at her, but his expression was the same as hers when she saw someone she didn’t like. Or maybe she was just imagining things.

It’s ok Ara. You can do this. Don’t be nervous, it’s just another show. With this thought, she stepped into the building.

~~~**~~~

Lee Seung Gi stepped out of his van, staring at his phone. He didn’t see Go Ara step into the building, otherwise he most likely would have sat back in the van for another five minutes, and then gone in when he was sure he wasn’t going to bump into her.

Just as he stepped into the building, he noticed the elevator door about to close. It was a habit of his to always run into an elevator just when it was about to close. Even if it was going somewhere where he didn’t need to go, he would still go in. This time, it would be no different. Seung Gi grinned, and ran as fast as he could into the steadily closing elevator, and made it in a second before the door closed.

“Wow, that was close,” Seung Gi heard the voice of a woman to his right. He was too busy panting to notice who was next to him in the elevator.  “You could have just asked me to keep the door open next time,” Seung Gi turned to the women. He didn’t realize he was standing so close to her, for when he turned towards her, he was staring right into the grinning face of Go Ara.

“Hey!” She raised her hand, waved at him, and then bowed her head slightly with the fake grin still plastered on her face.

Seung Gi cleared his throat, and moved to the farthest end of the elevator. “Hi,” he said, also bowing his head. He didn’t smile. Thankfully, they only had to go up 3 floors, because the doors soon opened, and Seung Gi left the elevator as fast as he could, leaving a confused Ara behind.