Split

Incriminated of Love [abandoned sorry orz]

It’s a placid early morning, exactly two. Most people are in slumber land or at work, graveyard shift. It’s somewhat humid, since it’s the start of summer season.
     For a heartbroken Lee Seol, mornings are painful. Soju, makgeolli, gin, tequila and/or whiskey give her headache each night. They were her only friends to lean on. She still can’t get accept why her boyfriend Kim Dong Hyun left her all of a sudden. She has a hunch he has a new girlfriend.
     Maybe that’s why he’s cold to me. He found someone else better, ier, prettier than me. Why won’t he tell me right ahead. I gave all of me for all of him. How stupid I am, thinking he’s the one for me.
    
She floundered to the bathroom to check herself in the mirror. Her dark circles compliment her eye bags and red eyes. Her dry lips emphasize her arid face. Her hollow face and skinny limbs reveal her missing appetite.
     She watched herself in the mirror as she brushed her alcohol-stained teeth, washed her dull and dry face and combed her brittle hair. Is this the reason why he doesn’t love me anymore? Because I’m ugly? Or I’m fat? I have halitosis? I’m a panda?
    
She crawled to the kitchen and checked the refrigerator for food. She only found apples, oranges, yogurts and leftover cabbage kimchi. She checked the pantry and detected boxes of slimming cereals and green tea. She took a box of cereal and opened with full force. She ate straight from the box.
     What did I do that turned him off? I’ve been eating whole wheat, fiber, antioxidants and anti-aging foods to stay y and beautiful for him. Is it not enough? Should I take slimming tea? Like the ones I saw at the market yesterday? Or… never mind!
    
She indulged herself in three cups of yogurt and two apples. But her stomach kept on growling.
     “Oh, shut up, will you? Because of you, Donghyun left me! I’m nothing but a fat potato couch. That’s why he left me… Maybe that’s why…”
     She checked herself on the reflection of the stainless steel refrigerator. She analyzed her hollow cheeks, her too-thin arms, her wide-gapped thighs.
     Am I fat? Am I ugly? Am I dark?

 

“I want to be your oppa. I’m so hungry for your love. I want to be your oppa. I’ll have you, just watch~” Seol sang her heart out. “Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Shaking up, shaking up, yeah!”
     A phone call interrupted her mini-concert in the bathroom.
     “Hallo?”
     “Is this Lee Seol?”
     “Is this the police?”
     “Umm… no.”
     “Who are you then? The CIA?”
     “No.”
     “What’s your business?”
     “That would be classified.”
     “Then why are you calling me?”
     “Seollie is so forgetful! It’s my birthday! Come to my place now. I’m begging you~”
     “Jihyun-ah?!”
      “Thank goodness you remember! It’s been a long time since we’ve talked. Please go to my birthday party, I’m begging you!”
      Seol peeked at the mirror. She faked her cough saying, “I…  –coughs–  can’t go, you see.”
     “Don’t lie to us, Lee Seol. I’m better than you,” another voice joined the conversation.
     “Yesh, madam Yoon Bo Ra… I’ll go.”
    “We’ll be waiting!” a sweet voice butted in.
     “Wait… how did you know I’m still awake? What are you guys doing at two in the morning? And why are you all together?”
     “Ehem…  –clears throat– we’re actually on a slumber party at Jihyun’s house. We were wondering if you’re still awake. So, we tried calling you. Luckily, you’re still awake. Please come to our slumber party!” the sweet voice explained. “And don’t forget to bring a gift for the birthday girl!”
     “Yes, yes, Dasommie. I’ll bring my boyfriend.”
     “WHICH ONE? The Korean or the American?” a high-pitched voice sang.
     Seol distanced the phone from her ear then yelled, “Yah, Kim Hyo Jung! Stop using that tone that only dogs can hear. Gahd.  –puts the phone near her ear–  Well, it will be a surprise. Okay bye.”
      After the end of conversation, she immediately took a bath, put on clothes, slathered makeup on her face and brought her Johnnie Walker as a gift for her friend Jihyun.
     “I guess I look human already,” she murmured as she concealed her dark circles.

 

“Hi guys! Sorry I’m super late!”
     Her four friends Hyojung, Bora, Jihyun and Dasom were speechless as their eyes landed on her scary face.