Pull out a handkerchief

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

The pool of coffee in the middle of the table was slowly moving towards me. I gulped, backing up in my seat and pulling my knees to my chest. The coffee slowly dripped off my end of the table. I looked up at Jonghyun who was busy trying to clean off his shirt.

 

"You won't get it clean by waving your hand over it, stupid." I said and pulled a handkerchief out of my pocket. Jonghyun shrugged, continuing to pat his shirt to try and get the coffee out.

 

I slid out of my chair, avoiding the coffee and all the glass Onew was picking up and walked over to Jonghyun. I bent over and began to dab his soaked shirt with the handkercheif. It was silent minus the sound of the table being cleaned up by Onew. Jonghyun shifted in his seat and I felt his eyes boring into my soul.

 

That's a little awkward.

 

"I think it's dry now." Jonghyun spoke, waking me from my thoughts. I jumped slightly. He chuckled and turned towards Onew. "You okay, dude?" he asked.

 

Onew nodded. "I'm alright, but I don't know how my boss will react.." he trailed off with a shudder. "I'll get you another drink."

 

Onew stumbled off, leaving Jonghyun and I alone. Jonghyun cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

 

"You can move now." Jonghyun whispered with a grin on his face. I didn't even realize I was still in the same position as earlier, the handkerchief still on his shirt and all of a sudden, our faces very close. I backed away quickly with a loud squeak.

 

"D-Don't do that!" I exclaimed, my face heating up.

 

Jonghyun simply chuckled.

 

"I have your coffee! Again..." Onew popped up out of nowhere, mumbling the last part so quietly I almost didn't hear it.

 

Jonghyun stood up to meet Onew halfway. He took the coffee from him and sat in his seat again. I sat down as well, no longer needing to avoid any coffee puddles. My eyes kept glancing up at Jonghyun. Every time he took a long sip he'd his lips as if the coffee was the best thing in the world.

 

He should be in a coffee commercial...

 

Agh, no. Bad thoughts, Roo Ri, bad thoughts.

 

By the time I drank half of my coffee, Jonghyun had already finished his. As he fished around in his pocket for money he nodded his head towards me and said, "Thanks for sharing some coffee with me."

 

"Sure, but shouldn't I be than—"

 

Jonghyun set some money on the table and wagged a finger at me.

 

"Thank me next time."

 

"What do you mean 'next time?'"

 

"It's a small world, Jung Roo Ri."

 

With another tip of his head he walked out the door, leaving me to finish my coffee in confused silence.


That night, I rested my head on my pillow, his words echoing in my mind.

 

It’s a small world, Jung Roo Ri.

 

Chuckling quietly, I remembered how Onew knocked over Jonghyun's mug and I helped get the coffee out of his shirt. And the image of him his lips... his tongue running over those smooth lips...

 

God, I must be erted!

 

I quietly scolded myself, and gently slapped my face. A cool breeze lifted my curtains up, revealing a sky of deep, dark blue. The stars outside my window twinkled, seemingly laughing at me. I sat up, shaking my fists at the laughing stars.

 

Out of breath from talking to myself, I collapsed into my bed again, nearly missing the headboard. Imagine hitting your head on that – ouch.

 

Time to sleep.

 

But inside of me- a tiny voice hoped that I would be able to meet Jonghyun again.  


Hair clinging to my face. Dark rings under my eyes. Lifeless eyes. A dead expression.

 

This is what I get for being unable to sleep yesterday?!

 

Darn you, Kim Jonghyun.

 

I sighed, and turned a knob next to a sink. Water droplets splashed everywhere as I rinsed my face with water- for the fifth time, mind you- hoping that I could “revive” my face. I banged my fists on the window frustratingly when the dark circles under my eyes continued to taunt me.

 

You know what this calls for?

 

Yes.

 

It calls for more coffee.

 

 

Brew some coffee at home (coming soon)

Go outside to buy coffee(coming soon)