Ice-cream

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

 

“Let me buy ice-cream for you and your cousin!” I blurted out. Hak Kun glared at me, snuggling even closer to Minho.

 

“It’s alright,” Minho smiled. “I’m just glad that you didn’t get sick.”

 

A playful smile sat on his lips. He was probably amused at the fact that people would buy ice-cream as a thank-you gift. I couldn’t help it- ice-cream was the first thing that came to my mind.

 

“No, I insist!” I hastily replied. “You helped me a lot there, so…”

 

“Well…” Minho’s voice trailed off. “Hakkie, do you want ice-cream?”

 

Hak Kun pulled her face into a puckered expression, as he tried to decide which was more important: ice-cream or his hate for me. After a minute of concentration, he grumpily decided that ice-cream was more important.

 

“Ice-cream,” Hak Kun unwillingly whined. “Want.”

 

Minho grinned and patted Hak Kun’s feathery hair, before turning to me with a gracious smile.

 

“We’ll be relying on you, then!” He playfully bowed, looking at me in the eye.


 

 

“Thank you!” The man behind the cash register bowed as he handed us two cones of ice cream; pistachio for me, and a small scoop of cookies n’ cream for Hak Kun. We strolled around the air-conditioned ice-cream parlor, looking for empty seats. Minho tapped my shoulder, and pointed to a table near the glass windows of the shop. I followed him to the table, cautiously placing my bag on the chair beside me. I sat facing Minho and Hak Kun, who buried his face into the ice-cream as soon as he sat down.

 

“Thanks for treating us,” Minho watched Hak Kun gobble up his ice-cream.

 

“No problem,” I slowly my ice-cream. I preferred to slowly my ice-cream than devour it- the taste was much more pleasant that way. We sat in silence; time ticking away.

 

“We should probably get going,” Minho took a quick glance at Hak Kun. “Hakkie has art classes in an hour.”

 

“Ah. Yeah,” I stood up, hoisting my bag over my shoulder. “Hak Kun, there’s ice-cream on your cheek.”

 

I bent down to see Hak Kun at eye-level, and rolled my tissue into a ball. Carefully, I dabbed the side of Hak Kun’s baby soft cheeks, ridding his skin of the sticky ice-cream. Hak Kun furiously blinked, his eyes rapidly darting around. He slightly recoiled in embarrassment, his cheeks puffing up. I sent him a playful glare, sticking my tongue out.

 

Minho took Hak Kun’s hand, and led him towards the door. I walked behind them, watching Minho’s broad shoulders.

 

“Thank you for coming!” The man behind the cash register yelled. Smiling, Minho opened the door and motioned for me to walk outside. I whipped my head around and nodded in thanks, then quickly walked out of the ice-cream parlor. I shielded my eyes with my hands as the sun’s rays harshly blinded my eyes.

 

“My… ice-cream…”

 

Hak Kun’s broken voice reached my ears, and I turned around to see a tearful Hak Kun. His scoop of ice cream had fallen out from the cone, landing in a limp and melting puddle in the middle of the sidewalk. Minho bent down, and tried to console the hearbroken Hak Kun. I bit my lip, torn between two choices: ignoring them or offering Hak Kun my ice-cream.

I guess I should…

 

Pretend you're not there (coming soon)

Offer Hak Kun your ice-cream cone (coming soon)



 

A/N 

sorry guys, I've been so busy!

I haven't updated for a long time. 

I'll try to update more!