Head to the Park

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

 

Well, lets get cracking.

 

I headed for the park, humming as I fiddled with my necklace. Carefully, I tucked the jacket into my arms, making sure that it wouldn’t fall get soiled. One, two, three steps. The dark gray pavement reverberated with the sound of my footsteps. Four, five, six steps more. I reached the park about five minutes later, and stiffly stood next to a bench.

 

Now, where could Mr. Jacketman be?

 

There was no sign of Minho or his wavy dark-brown hair. Sighing, I dawdled around the park, occasionally stooping down to pick up a dandelion.  Just as I was about to leave the park, I heard a little child’s cry.

 

“Wahh! Mommy!” The sound of a crying boy woke me up from my trance. I immediately set down my dandelion stem, and whipped my head around to find a small boy around the age of five. His red face was scrunched up, and he bawled continuously for his mother.

 

“What happened?” I patted the boy’s head. He immediately stopped crying, and looked up at me with a face of… of... contempt?

 

“I don’t want help from ugly girls,” He scowled at me before he turned away to continue bawling.

 

This… kid...

 

I will murder him!

 

“Hakkie! Hak Kun!”

 

That voice… Minho?

 

I whirled around in my spot, and saw Minho frantically running around the playground, calling out for someone named “Hak Kun”.

The rude and evil little boy from earlier stopped crying and immediately ran towards Minho.

 

Huh?

 

“Mommy!” He smiled angelically and ran into Minho’s open arms. Minho hunched over, then picked up the little boy with little effort. That scheming little kid just called him “Mommy”…

 

“Hakkie! Where’d you go! I searched everywhere for you!” Minho gave him a reprimanding yet playful expression.

 

“That evil girl was mean to me!” The little boy named “Hakkie” piteously cried into Minho’s shoulder, and then turned to me with a menacing glare and an inaudible hiss.

 

“What? No! I didn’t! I was just trying to help!” Panic-stricken, I desperately shook my head in denial.

 

“Hakkie, the girl just meant to help,” Minho gently patted Hakkie’s cheek, and the little boy innocently nodded at him. “Your name was Jung Roo Ri, right?”

 

“Yes! And, uh… oh! Here’s your jacket!” I shifted uncomfortably and gave him a small smile before carefully handing him his red and white jacket. “I washed it and everything, so…”

 

“Thanks… You didn’t have to do this much,” Minho grinned kindly as he accepted his jacket. The little boy frowned bared his teeth at me, before nuzzling Minho’s arms.

 

“Is he your brother?” I couldn’t help but ask. Minho laughed in amusement at my statement and ran his hand through his hair.

 

“Nah. He’s my little cousin,” Minho gave the little boy a light pat on the head. “His name is Hak Kun, but I call him Hakkie. Isn’t he adorable?”

 

Adorable. Are you kidding me?

 

That kid is the embodiment of evil!

 

“Mommy, I want to go home! There’s too many bugs here!” Hak Kun protectively wrapped his arms around Minho, and glared straight at me as he emphasized the word “bug.” He made a swatting motion, obviously aimed at me, before turning back to Minho with a begging countenance.

 

“Did you get bitten by a bug?” Minho questioned Hakkie with a sympathetic hug.

 

“No, but there’s a big, ugly, and annoying one that I hate,” Hak Kun whimpered into Minho’s shirt, but then lowered his head and gave me a dirty look. “And, the bug is too close.”

 

I stood, fuming, as Minho continued to Hak Kun’s hair with a concerned air about him.

I was so immersed in my anger that I nearly forgot the main goal of my trip to the park. I had to show my gratitude to Minho somehow, right?

 

“Ah… Wait! I nearly forgot. I should thank you for lending me your jacket,” I rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet.  

 

I should do something for him to show my sincereness…

(click your option)

 

Offer to buy ice-cream for him and Hakkie. 

 

Just say thank-you, then leave. 

 

 

.