In some ways

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

This silence is starting to bug me now..

 

"I think you're quite mature in some ways." I say.

 

A chuckle escapes Taemin's lips and for a moment it seems as if he's going to rip the book in half. His grip on the book lightens a bit and he simply tosses it onto the ground. A gentle breeze flows by us, causing the book's pages to flutter open and land on the very last page.

 

He sighs.

 

Did I say something wrong?

 

"In what ways?" He murmurs.

 

"Well, you've been dealing quite well with your break-up." I say.

 

"Thanks for trying, but you and I both know that's a lie." He gazes at the picture of the young woman.

 

Why does the way he looks at her bug me so much?

 

Suddenly his face lights up and he turns to me. There's a sparkle in his eyes that I usually only saw in my younger brother when he was about to do something stupid.

 

"Come see me dance!" He blurts out.

 

"E-Excuse me?" I stammer, almost choking on air.

 

"Come and see me dance! It's the perfect way to prove how mature I am!"

 

"But I just met you!"

 

With those words his confidence deflates like a popped balloon and he's back to being all shy and nervous. "I need to prove it somebody. Anybody." He talks in a hushed voice, eyes begging me silently. His eyes shone with determination.

 

Do it, do it! He's practically asking you to go on a date! says a squeaky voice inside my head.

 

No, don't! He could be a murderer for all you know! Remember the movie? a much more rough voice says. Besides, you just met him! When did you ever agree to a stranger's request?

 

"Ah..." I bite my lip. "Alright, alright, fine. I'll do it."

 

He smiles again, this time more gently, and he fumbles in his pocket. He pulls out a phone which is surprisingly a bright pink. He notices me staring at the phone and mumbles, "It used to be my mom's cell phone. Couldn't afford a new one.." He flips the phone open and presses a few buttons.

 

"What's your number?" he asks.

 

I tell him my number and he enters it onto his phone. Beep beep beep.

 

"Ah. I'll call you sometime tomorrow, okay? You can come see my dance recital!" That sparkle is back in his eyes now and he smiles at me once more. Taemin awkwardly stands up and stares at the book still on the ground. He picks it up and removes the picture from the page, sticking it into his pocket. He waves at me before walking off to who knows where.

 

He threw the book out in the nearest trash can on his way out.


I shouldn't have agreed.

 

I shouldn't have agreed.

 

Why did I ever agree?!

 

I stood in front of my closet, silently fuming as I rummaged through it for the nicest outfit I could find. Taemin had called earlier giving me a location of some theatre and told me to wear the best outfit I owned. Oh, and to bring a nice sum of money to buy a ticket.

 

I'll be broke by the end of the night..

 

Finally finding an outfit that would surely impress anyone but was still casual enough to walk down the streets, I changed into it as fast as I could.

 

Hair? Bah, I'll just do whatever.

 

Makeup? Meh, nobody will notice, it'll be dark.

 

Shoes?

 

"I forgot the shoes!" I gasped.

 

As I searched around my room for a decent pair of shoes, a thought hit me.

 

Why am I even going? I just met him!

(click your option)

 

Call and tell him you're sick (coming soon)

 

Still go, maybe you can get to know him better 

 

.