Just sit there...

Dating SHINee :〖A Choose Your Own Adventure!〗new chp: 48, 49

 

It’s kind of awkward if I interrupt him right now…

 

I’ll just accompany him here for now.

 

He continued to entertain the dog, while I watched, mesmerized. My eyes roved over his facial features; a well-sculpted nose, sharp eyes, and cheekbones that could make anyone jealous. I was so busy gawking at him that I hadn’t noticed that he was trying to get my attention.

 

“Hey? Hello?” He waved his hand awkwardly in front of my face.

 

I snapped my head up, and turned to him with a wide-eyed expression.

 

“Eh? Oh… yes?”

 

He snickered silently, and mimicked my daydreaming pose; he propped his head onto his hand, and dreamily stared into the distance. His tongue drooped out of his mouth.

 

No! My tongue was definitely not out!

 

“What was that?” I shot him a sulky look that immediately sent him into fits of laughter.

 

“Nothing much,” He shrugged nonchalantly.  Peeved, I stood up and gently kicked his leg, before tuning away with a ‘humph’.

 

“Wait! Come back!”

 

He called out to me as I walked away. Of course, I was curious as to why he was calling me. I cleared my throat, and stopped in my tracks, waiting for him to catch up.

 

I could hear the sound of the pounding of his feet as he chased me. He bowed his head as he panted, coughing, as he uttered the words that I least expected.

 

“Want to have a cup of coffee with me?”

 


 

So. Remind me.

 

Why am I here in this coffee shop?

 

I didn’t even get a chance to reply to his offer, before he grabbed my hand and led me to a small café named “Go’Spresso”.

 

That name was rather cheesy. Anyways, moving on.

 

I sighed as I scanned over the menu. Lattes, pastries, mochas… what to get? Carefully, I peeped over the top of the menu, hoping to see sneak a look at Jonghyun’s expresson. All I could see was his brightly colored hair; his face was hidden behind the red-and-white themed menu.

 

“Welcome to Go’Spresso! My name is Onew and I will be your waiter for today!”

 

Jonghyun and I lifted our heads up to see a server in front of our table. He hastily pulled out a small notebook and a blue pen, and nodded at us to voice our orders.

 

“I’ll have a café Americano,” Jonghyun handed his menu to the waiter, who clumsily fumbled for it. 

 

“Um… for me, I guess I’ll take a Peppermint Mocha,” I faltered as I blurted out the first thing in my mind.  I watched as Onew jotted down our orders in a messy scrawl. Onew nodded thoughfully, and grasped my menu and briskly walked away. He stumbled halfway, and I stifled a giggle. How cute.

 

“You love dogs, right?” Jonghyun quipped as inspected the salt and peppershakers.

 

“I guess,” I bobbed my head. “Do you have any dogs as pets?”

 

“Yeah… one,” His finger traced the rim of the shakers’ silver caps. “A black and tan dapple dachshund.”

 

“That sounds adorable!” I mentally drew an image of Jonghyun’s dog. Perhaps she had large eyes, fur that was softer than clouds, and her nose would be…

 

“Here you go!” Onew’s bright tone interrupted our small talk. He gently placed a cup of Peppermint Mocha in front of me, and began to hand Jonghyun his mug of Americano.

 

*crash*

 

Onew accidently knocked over the mug of Americano, resulting in a thousand pieces of earthenware littered astray around the table. Brown liquid, presumably Americano, seeped into Jonghyun’s clothes, slowly soaking his shirt. The rest of the espresso sat in a puddle in the middle of the table.

 

 “I’m so sorry! I’m really sorry!” Onew moaned to himself as he hurriedly picked up pieces of the broken cup. “This is the fifth time this month… The manager is definitely going to fire me…”

 

 

 

Pull out a handkerchief. 

Help pick up the broken pieces.  (coming soon)

Scold Onew for being so clumsy.  (coming soon)