Marriage Without Love

Marriage Without Love

Time passed really fast and Victoria has been pregnant for four months and her bump is showing. Kyu Hyun was busy preparing for Super Junior’s world tour. Victoria walked to the supermarket not far away from the apartment. She decided to prepare some food for Kyu Hyun and the other members of Super Junior as well. Just when she was crossing the road, a black car was driving at the fastest speed towards her. The next thing the pedestrian knew was a woman was lying in a pool of blood. Some screamed for help, some surrounded her and some called the ambulance. The car owner fled from the scene immediately.

Kyu Hyun couldn’t remember how he got to the hospital. He was in the practice room, joking around with s when he received the phone call from the hospital. All he could hear was the words ‘accident’ and ‘critical’. And then his phone dropped onto the floor. He is now standing outside the surgery room with Lee Teuk and Luna.

“We can only save the mother. You have to sign this to allow the abortion to take place,” A nurse passed a paper and a pen to Kyu Hyun.

“Why can’t you save both of them?” Luna questioned the nurse. She couldn’t imagine how Victoria would react if she was told that they had to give up on the baby to save her.

“I’ll sign,” Kyu Hyun signed on the paper and passed it back to the nurse. “Please save my wife.”

“We will,” The nurse responded and went into the surgery room.

Every minute passed felt like an hour. Kyu Hyun sat outside the surgery room. His face was pale. He never felt that scared of losing Victoria before.

“Kyu Hyun ah, why don’t you go get some food?” Lee Teuk asked Kyu Hyun.

“I want to wait for her,” Kyu Hyun didn’t look at Lee Teuk when he answered him. He stared at the door of the surgery room and prayed in his heart.

Kyu Hyun’s parents arrived shortly after they received Lee Teuk’s phone call together with Ara. Super Junior and f(x) members and Chang Min also came to the hospital and waited outside the surgery room. Kyu Hyun couldn’t remember how long he waited before the surgery room’s door was opened. Victoria was lying on the bed. Her face is pale and she is using the oxygen mask. Her flat stomach told the others that the baby is gone.

“When will she wake up?” Kyu Hyun asked the doctor but his sight stayed on Victoria.

“It’s hard to tell,” The doctor answered.

Victoria is sent into single ward room. Kyu Hyun sat down beside her and watched her as she slept. The others stood outside the ward. Kyu Hyun’s mother is shedding tears. She couldn’t believe that she lost a grandchild and now her daughter-in-law is still in coma. Lee Teuk asked the others to go home and have a rest but they insisted to stay. In the end, the nurse had no choice but forced them to leave. Lee Teuk told Kyu Hyun that he would come back tomorrow morning but Kyu Hyun didn’t take his words into account. His focus is on Victoria all these while.

“Do we need to call Vic unnie’s parents?” Sul Li asked.

“I’m afraid so. But tell them don’t have to come to Seoul immediately. We’ll let them know when Victoria’s awake,” Lee Teuk replied.

“We need to find out the driver,” Chang Min said.

“Hee Chul, Si Won and Chang Min follow me to the police station,” Lee Teuk spoke. “Eun Hyuk, send Kyu Hyun’s family back. The rest of you go home and take a rest.”

Each of them did what they should do. Meanwhile, Kyu Hyun’s position hasn’t changed since he came into the ward. He caressed Victoria’s face and raised her hand to his face. He planted a soft kiss on her hand.

“I’m sorry because I couldn’t protect our baby. But I’m more upset that I couldn’t protect you. Vic, my love, wake up soon. Please,” In the dark, Kyu Hyun’s tears streamed down his cheeks. For the whole night, he didn’t sleep. He kept talking to Victoria, telling her about his plan to travel around the world with her when they grew older. He didn’t know if Victoria could hear him but that’s the only thing he could do right now.