Chapter 7.

Enamoured
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7.

Kim Jongin, Kyungsoo decided, was someone who's concept of good and bad were severely skewed. At the end of the day, Minseok had come looking to inform him that he had told Jongin about the after school detentions that he had to attend starting the next week. Minseok had gone on to further tell Kyungsoo how the teen had reacted after having asked him who had been assigned to supervise him — instead of looking irritated or burdened when Minseok had told him that it would be Mr. Do, Jongin had grinned, a bright "excellent!" being the only verbal insight on the situation that the math teacher had received before the teen had left with a flourish.

"Excellent? Excellent?" Kyungsoo had muttered to himself as he stalked back to the English staff room after talking to Minseok. He had to spend three afternoons with his student on detention duty and Jongin thought it was excellent?! The teen was honestly doing his head in. After retrieving his backpack and belongings, Kyungsoo made his way down towards the parking lot, the bike rack being situated near to it. With a irritated huff, he began to rummage for the small key to his bike chains lock, not noticing the figure beside him until they spoke.

"You rode a bike, Mr. Do?"

Kyungsoo started, glancing up in surprise. Jongin was standing casually beside him, leaning slightly on the metal barring of the bike rack.

...speak of the devil and the devil shall appear...

Kyungsoo frowned as he recollected the conversation he had just had with Minseok about the detentions, but decided right at the last moment not to bring anything you. "Jongin? What are you doing here?"

The teen was wearing slim fit black sweat pants and the schools dark green sloppy joe with a pair of black ankle high converse. Usually it didn't look at all flattering, but somehow Jongin could pull it off and make everything oddly stylish. Kyungsoo looked up at the teens face, not missing the discoloured bruise on the side of his face by his chin. It looked bad and Kyungsoo couldn't help but wince as he imagined the pain any facial movement would probably cause him. Jongin smiled as he watched his teacher examine him, but like usual it didn't extend to his eyes — they remained cold and shrewd. "My car is parked here" he motioned to a solitary silver car in the teachers parking lot which Kyungsoo had assumed belonged to a member of staff who was working late — it was sleek and expensive looking, similar to Chanyeol's.

"You shouldn't be parking your car there" Kyungsoo frowned. "That area is for teachers vehicles, not students"

Jongin shrugged, running a hand through his blonde hair carelessly. "No one ever notices" he looked back down at Kyungsoo, smirking slightly as he examined his teachers bike. "Why are you not getting a lift today? Have you had a fight with Mr. Park?" the teens lip curled slightly, his smirk widening into a grin as if the thought of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol arguing amused him.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at his student, already somewhat used to Jongin's more prickly and undesirable side. "Don't be ridiculous, he's simply had the day off."

Jongin hummed. "I see." He watched Kyungsoo struggle with the lock for a few moments longer before letting out an almost inaudible snort. "Would you like some help, Mr. Do?"

Kyungsoo could feel himself getting flustered. "No, it's fine. You should head home now, almost everyone has left already" he finally got the bike chain to unlock and he grinned triumphantly before heaving his bike from the rack. "Why are you still here anyway?" He added in an afterthought.

Jongin shrugged. "School work" He began to follow Kyungsoo towards the parking lot — the nearest gate was there and Kyungsoo wanted to get onto the road to ride. "Are you in a hurry to get home or something?"

Kyungsoo glanced over his shoulder to spot Jongin who was leaning against the door of his car. His lips were upturned and Kyungsoo fought the desire to glare at the teen for having a nice car when he didn't. "A little. I want to check on Mr. Park" Kyungsoo inwardly cringed — he always felt uncomfortable calling his friends by their surname titles around students.

"Would you like a lift?"

Kyungsoo turned, his eyebrows raised as several emotions flashed through his startled mind at once. He eventually settled on suspicion: was Jongin's offer some sort of prank?

"Uh. No, I'm fine, I'll just ride as I planned"

Jongin seemed to find his teachers uneasiness amusing. "Are you sure? I can easily collapse the back seat so your bike can fit" he smiled wryly. "Why do you look so surprised, Mr. Do?"

"I — er, unexpected?" Kyungsoo blinked rapidly as he tried to wrap his head around things. His response hadn't been particularly in depth or intelligent, and he felt his face redden.

"I can be sincere, you know" Jongin said "Bona fide" he added for good measure.

Kyungsoo swallowed nervously. "No, no. It's fine, really. It's a little weird for a teacher to be getting a lift from a student anyway. Thank you for the offer though, I'd best get going."

"Suit yourself" Jongin said simply, unlocking his car as he spoke. Kyungsoo didn't know how it was possible, but Jongin could even make getting into a car look effortlessly smooth — his svelte body was overly graceful. The automatic window wound down seconds later, and Jongin smiled one last time at his rather shell shocked teacher. "Maybe some other time, if you ever stop thinking of me as the paragon of evil incarnate like everyone else seems to. See you on Monday."

Before Kyungsoo could respond, Jongin had sped out of the parking lot, leaving him alone.

What the hell did he even mean?!

 

 

 

Kyungsoo arrived back at his apartment complex feeling rather confused, tired and in need of a quiet lie down. However, his thoughts of relaxation were quic

Please log in to read the full chapter