Chapter 18.

Enamoured
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 18.
 

In the end, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo didn’t end up going to the Japanese restaurant that the latter liked. Instead, Chanyeol cooked up some two minute noodles, despite Kyungsoo’s attempts to stop him (“Seriously, Kyungsoo, I can do this! You’re tired so go lie on the couch while I make us some damn good noodles”)

Of course, with Chanyeol’s cooking skills, or lack thereof, the noodles ended up being overcooked and mushy, much of the broth having been absorbed. Kyungsoo held back his tongue, however, when he saw the pleased expression on his friends face. There was no way he had it in him to tell Chanyeol he was incapable of even making two minute noodles correctly.

The two friends settled down on Kyungsoo’s couch (“If you spill even a single drop, Park Chanyeol, I swear to god I will rip your spleen from your mouth with my own bare hands.”) with the TV on, only half paying attention to the murder documentary that was playing.

“So… Kyungsoo…” Chanyeol began after barely even five minutes of quiet noodle slurping. The shorter male groaned inwardly, already dreading what his friend was going to say next. 

“Don’t even start.” Kyungsoo half sighed, cutting in quickly.

Chanyeol looked up, confused. “Don’t even start what?”

“Don’t even start with whatever it was you were going to say.”

“What? That I never knew you were into younger men?”

Kyungsoo choked on the mouthful of noodles he had been in the process of swallowing, his eyes immediately filling with tears. “Wharght?” His gasp of ‘what’ come out as little more than a muffled sound of horror.

Chanyeol quirked an eyebrow. “I was surprised because you had left me under the impression that Jongin was actually quite an abrasive person to be around. Trying to keep a low profile, huh?”

Kyungsoo spluttered. “What on earth are you even talking about?! Get your thoughts out of the gutter, Park Chanyeol! There’s no way I’d like one of my students!”

Chanyeol waggled his eyebrows in what Kyungsoo felt was an incredibly infuriating manner. “So you’re only bothered by it because he’s a student? Don’t worry about it too much, Soo. I’m sure teacher/student relationships are far more common than you’d think. Besides, Jongin will be graduating in the next year or two, so you won’t have to hide your relationship from the outside world for too much longer.”

“What are you on?!” Kyungsoo exploded. “Are you mental?! There’s no way! I’m an adult, for crying out loud!”

For a few tense seconds, Chanyeol stared down at him from his position beside him on the couch, a disbelieving expression on his face. Then, to Kyungsoo’s bewilderment, his tall friend’s mouth twitched, a snigger escaping from between his lips. Kyungsoo could only watch, baffled, as Chanyeol’s snigger progressed quickly into a chortle. Before he even knew what was going on, Chanyeol was practically howling.

“Oh my god! Soo! Your reactions are just too great!” Chanyeol half sobbed through his laughter, wiping away a stray tear. “You’re honestly too much fun to poke fun at, you’re so gullible!”

Kyungsoo felt his initial confusion at his friend’s behaviour dissipate, replaced instead by anger. He grabbed the cushion that sat nestled between his hip and the couch edge, using it as a weapon to bash his still laughing friend over the head.

“PARK-CHANYEOL-YOU-TOTAL-DONG-HEAD!!!” Kyungsoo yelled as he repeatedly whacked the cushion down on his friends head. “DON’T-MAKE-SUCH-BOLD-STATEMENTS-EVEN-IF-YOU’RE-TRYING-TO-JOKE!!!!”

“Hey-ow! Kyungsoo! Stop!”

After several seconds of grappling between them, Chanyeol finally managed to pull the cushion from his glaring friend. The taller grinned down at Kyungsoo, holding the newly stolen cushion up over his head, out of the smaller males reach.

“Sorry Soo, I can’t help but tease. I know you’re far too strait-laced to have any type of even semi-questionable thought process run through your head.” Chanyeol leaned back into the couch, a eating grin on his face. “You’ve probably never had a single amorous thought in your entire life.”

Kyungsoo spluttered, too shocked and insulted to speak. Chanyeol continued speaking as if his friend weren’t even there.

“You’re twenty four and you haven’t had a single girlfriend –” Chanyeol froze, a flicker of something unrecognizable flashing across his face. “Wait, Soo. You don’t by any chance bat for the other team, do you?”

“I’ve been busy with my life, thank you very much! And it’s not like you can talk! Weren’t you twenty two the last time you were in a serious relationship?!” Kyungsoo finally managed to choke out.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “That’s not the point I was trying to make.” He paused for a moment, a look of glee flashing across his face. “and you never answered my question. Do swerve that way after all?”

Kyungsoo let out a sound akin to a frustrated wild animal. “I don’t know! I’ve never thought about it! And it doesn’t matter who I’m attracted to anyway!”

“So you like both? Or are you one of those people that view bodies as nothing more than a container of the soul?” Chanyeol asked, obviously confused. “I don’t even know what kind of uality that is, so I wont be able to help.”

Kyungsoo tackled Chanyeol off the couch, too flustered to even think straight. “Why are we even having this conversation?!”

“Well, we were talking about your love for younger men, specifically your students.”

“I DON’T LOVE YOUNGER MEN, YEOL. STOP SAYING THAT! YOU COULD GET ME

Please log in to read the full chapter