Chapter 12.

Enamoured
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 12.


Kyungsoo's polished shoes tapped against the floor of the corridor as he walked briskly in the direction of the school library. He had spent the last ten minutes searching for Oh Sehun and all of the clues he had collected thus far (the directions given to him by the students he had asked) led him to the library and its multiple study rooms. Apparently Sehun was quite the studious type, despite his rather outgoing fashion and style choices which tended to imply the opposite.

Pushing the library door open once he arrived, Kyungsoo peered around, surprised by how empty the area was. It was entirely deserted, so much so that even the air seemed to have grown heavy and still from the lack of movement within. Kyungsoo took several steps forward, craning his neck to try and spot the rainbow haired teen, to no avail. The English teacher huffed a sigh, knowing full well that a proper look on both floors of the library was necessary in order to find Sehun. Somehow, the thought of raising his voice to call for the teen seemed wrong due to the location. Kyungsoo shrugged and headed towards the nearest row of books, his eyes already itching from the dust. His allergies truly were the worst.

After five minutes of thoroughly scrutinizing the lower floor, Kyungsoo walked himself quietly up the stairs to the more academic section of the library. The second floor seemed even quieter and dimmer than the floor beneath and Kyunsgoo had the great urge to open up the windows to let in some air and natural light. Sehun was still no where to be found, and Kyungsoo was beginning to doubt the teen was even in the library afterall. Kyungsoo rubbed at his nose angrily, his eyes watering uncontrollably.

Kyungsoo made barely any sound as he walked across the carpeted floor, so his sneeze seemed seemed almost deafening in the already deathly quiet library, so much so that the English teacher was able to pinpoint the soft scuff of someone brushing against a row of books after jumping from surprise at the sound he had made. 

"Sehun?"

The English teacher got no response, so he decided to scope the area out himself. He crept forward quietly, walking down the aisle until he reached the end and peered around the corner.

A head of rainbow hair, the school's white button up shirt and a pair of dark black jeans, seeming strangely bundled in the corner of the aisle where the two rows lining the walls met -- he had found Sehun, though somewhat strangely.

"I've been looking for you! What are you doing down there, Sehun?" Kyungsoo was practically wheezing now, the dust that had been stirred from the teens movement earlier getting well and truly into his system. He walked over to the teen, coming to a stop in front of him seconds later. Kyungsoo quirked his eyebrow uncertainty, unsure as to why the teen was in such an odd position.

"Sehun?" Kyungsoo asked again.

The teen didn't respond, instead he seemed to tighten his arms around his legs and bury his head further into his knees. Kyungsoo frowned in confusion through yet another sneeze.

Kyungsoo squatted down so that his face was almost at the same level as Sehun's. Balancing on the balls of his feet, he leant forward slightly. "Sehun? I heard you had been asking for me. What's the matter?"

Sehun's barely audible whisper was muffled when he finally responded. "I feel really stupid right now."

Kyungsoo frowned. "Why?"

"I didn't want you to see me like this. I'm embarrassed."

It was only then that Kyungsoo finally caught onto the crack in Sehun's voice. The English teacher almost leapt back, alarmed. Was Oh Sehun... crying?!

"S-Sehun?!" Kyungsoo fumbled to think of what to do, having no idea how to deal with this newfound situation. He had no experience in dealing with upset students!

The teen raised his head. "I'm fine"

Kyungsoo quickly calmed himself and thought back on his training to become a teacher. He examined Sehun's face for several moments as he tried to determine whether or not he really was alright. "I don't think you are. You can tell me what's wrong, if you'd like. I'm here to help you, afterall"

Sehun's wavering expression fell once more to one of misery. "It's stupid"

"That doesn't matter. No matter how silly it seems, if it's causing you distress, it's valid"

Sehun looked close to tears again. "You don't understand how idiotic and embarrassed I feel right now. I'm not good at talking to people or asking for help, which is exactly why I have barely any friends. My best friend is away today too, and he's usually the one who stops me from causing a scene like this" the words seemed to be flowing freely, and Sehun looked almost feverish as he continued to speak. "I always get worked up over nothing and I know this is one of those times too, which is why I'm feeling so pathetic now. This morning my dad made sure to remind me that if I didn't pass the mid yearlies, he'd be sending me away. I don't want to be made to lea

Please log in to read the full chapter