Chapter 11.

Enamoured
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 11.
 

“Honestly?”

“Yeah, honestly”

“I think it’s a terrible idea and we’re all going to get killed”

“Excellent. That’s all I needed to hear. I’ll organize a booking later today” Minseok grinned.

Kyungsoo suppressed a groan. Minseok had come looking for him to ask for his opinion on whether he thought that a day on a well-known obstacle and rope course for the year eleven and twelve excursion was a good idea, and of course, being Minseok, totally ignored the opinion when it was given. The excursion was only several weeks away, and the fact that the overzealous math teacher was organizing it was only serving to increase Kyungsoo’s blood pressure. Chanyeol had already informed him that he and Jongdae had spent an hour and a half talking Minseok out of a twelve hour white water kayaking course on the grounds of it being far too dangerous, and Kyungsoo had come across Yifan pleading the math teacher to forget about the wilderness-survivor hike he wanted to take the students on. All in all, it had been a struggle for the teachers involved with the organisation of the excursion to steer Minseok in the right direction. The problem with the math teacher was that he had no idea where the line between ‘sane and acceptable’ and ‘totally and utterly insane’ and ‘incredibly bad’ was. He was the type of person who enjoyed living life on the edge, even if the result was him breaking his spinal cord falling down a cliff.  Of course it was all well and fine when he was the one with the splintered bones, but the thought of a student being sent home in a body bag was just too much for Kyungsoo to handle, and it was for this reason that he and his fellow colleagues had banded together to work towards the similar objective of keeping Minseok in check. A lot of the past month which had been originally been set aside to planning had actually been spent (gently) persuading Minseok that many of the things that he thought were ‘good fun’ were actually life threatening and best left alone, and with the set date of the excursion fast approaching, Kyungsoo had been feeling a fresh wave of terror as Minseok began a re-entry into his pre-excursion enthusiasm.

“I think one of our students is bound to break a neck this year” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself.

Minseok heard him and looked outraged at the mere suggestion. “Not on my watch! I refuse to even think of all the paper work that a death would involve!”

Kyungsoo gave Minseok a dirty look. “Why do you always choose such dangerous things? I don’t want the loss of a seventeen year olds life weighing on my conscience for the rest of my humble existence”

Minseok laughed and slung his arm over the small English teacher’s shoulder, unaware that Kyungsoo had actually been quite serious. “It’ll be good fun! I swear! There’s no reason to worry, there are a whole lot of safety precautions to make sure no one falls and cracks their skull open” Minseok failed to notice the shudder that ran through Kyungsoo’s body at the mention of cracked skulls. A frown worked its way onto the math teachers face as he continued to tow Kyunsgoo in the direction of the teacher staffroom. “I swear everyone has some sort of agenda against my excursion plans. It’s almost like you guys think they’re excessive or something”

Kyungsoo held back a snort but couldn’t help but smile when he looked across at the math teacher, who was looking bright eyed and excited. “You really do want them to have fun, don’t you?”

Minseok spluttered and turned red. He didn’t have the chance to respond, however, because just as he opened his mouth to speak, Chanyeol’s deep voice interrupted.

“Soo, Seok! You guys are so slow!!”

Chanyeol was sitting with Jongdae on one of the large plush seats that were placed around the staffroom, a sandwich on a plate balanced on his knee. Jongdae smiled and waved when he saw that the two teachers who had just entered had caught sight of them. Minseok bounded over to the two seated teachers as soon as their presence registered in his over active brain. Kyungsoo sighed.

“I have great news everyone! Kyungsoo has given me his full support with my plan on taking year eleven and twelve to that obstacle and rope course that I was talking about earlier. You guys did tell me to go and ask him, after all, and he seems okay with me booking a day out there during the excursion” Minseok spoke without pause as soon as he drew up to Chanyeol and Jongdae, oblivious to the death glare Kyungsoo sent the two seated men from behind him. The math teacher smiled brightly as he fell into the seat beside Chanyeol, totally ignoring the outraged squawk the tall English teacher let off when he managed to quickly nab half of the sandwich off his plate.

Jongdae swallowed nervously at the look Kyungsoo was giving him. “Oh, did he?”

“Mmhmm” Minseok managed through the mouthful of stolen sandwich in his mouth. “I assured him that it would be perfectly safe and he was sati

Please log in to read the full chapter