Midnight Talk

My One True Love

"Engagement?! Father, Mother, why are you deciding on this things, not even telling me?" I shouted, good thing the Ball is over and everyone was gone.

If you can't remember what happened, my parents announced that I'm getting married. Married to a total stranger.

 

Great.

 

"My, Oh Dear, your brothers and sister didn't tell you?" Mom reacted, looking at my father.

I turned around and saw Junsu oppa walking away. He was almost at the door when I pulled him towards us. Then I saw Krystal and Siwon oppa, looking down.

After putting Junsu oppa down, he joined the two.

"Krystal, Siwon and Junsu, you di not say anything to Jessica?!" Father suddenly shouted, getting up on his chair.

"It's my Idea, Father. I told Sica eonni that there is a big Surprise when she goes with us. And... I thought..." She stopped when Siwon oppa went infront of her.

"Krystal thought that Jessica would be happy about the engagement if it would be made a surprise. But in a way, I have made a mistake, I did not stop her from her plans and I am at Fault too, Father."

"Do not cover Krystal, Siwon. She will be punished for what she has done." Father announced, turning around.

"Wait, Father!" Junsu oppa shouted.

"What is it, Junsu?" He asked, turning around again.

"If Krystal will be punished, then let me have the punishment."

I stayed silent and listened to what my father had to say. I glanced at my mother who was now sitting on her throne, playing with her glass. I shook my head and tried concentrating on my father.

"Father, I am responsible for their actions, let me be the one to be punished." Siwon oppa still insisted.

"Krystal will be the one to be punished. and that is fina-" Not being able to tolerate any more of this, I cut my father off.

"No, Father." I said as I cross my arms. "My brothers and sister has nothing to be punished for, keeping a secret from me is not punishable." I looked at my father and saw my staring at me shocked.

"Jessica!(Jessica eonni!)" The three shouted, looking at me.

"What?" I snapped, glaring at them.

They stopped and looked down after that.

"Hm... No matter what she does, Jessica will always be matured." My mother clapped, walking to hug me.

"Well, Jessica is right, keeping a secret is not punishable." Father commented nodding his head. "Fine, there wouldn't be anymore punishment. Go home because you still have school tomorrow." He finally decided, scratching his head, and smiling.

We bowed at them and went back to our rooms and went to change into our clothes. when I was done, My brothers and sister knocked on the door.

"Come, in." I answered, sitting on the couch.

"Jessica, we are very thankful and very sorry for not saying the truth about your engagement." Siwon oppa was the first one to apologize. the other two just said sorry.

"It's okay. you really don't have to apologize." I told them. "It just , you know?"

They chuckled.

"It was merely father's decision and you know that." Siwon oppa said, sitting beside me.

"I know but it still ." I said as I glare at them.

"Well, we can't do anything about it anymore." He then stood up. "We'll wait for you downstairs."

"Wait, can we talk? Junsu oppa and Krystal can just wait downstairs." I asked nicely.

"Ok."He nodded.

Junsu oppa andd Krystal went downstairs and waited. While Siwon oppa just stood there waiting for me to speak. I didn't speak for a few minutes and just told Siwon oppa to sit down on the couch. I sat beside him and looked at him.

"I don't feel like leaving yet. So, could I stay here for the night?" I asked, wishing for him to give me a positive answer.

"What will you do here? you have the Royal bloodline. So that makes me worried if you are not close with me, Junsu and Krystal." He reasoned.

"So what if I have the Royal Bloodline? Does that stop me from doing the things I like?" I asked, standing up.

Siwon oppa stood up and started to walk towards the mirror. He fixed his hair and looke back at me again, shaking his head.I stared at him confusingly but he looked at the Balcony. I then decided to stand up and stand next to him.

While I was looking at Siwon oppa I saw his eyes red, that made me a little scared. What is he thinking? Why is he blocking me to read his mind? How can he do that?

"Brother, please?" I then pleaded, shaking his head I saw my brother's eyes turning back to black.

"Alright. But promise me you'll not be late for school tomorrow, ok?" He then tapped my shoulder.

"Ok!" I answered joyfully and hugged my brother and pushed him towards the door.

Siwon oppa left the room and I saw them going back home. while they are leaving, I waved goodbye then I went back to my room and laid down on my bed and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes, I stood up and went towards infront of my desk and looked at the mirror. I looked at my body and it is still fit, my eyes are still black and my hair, still brown.

 

I am happy.

 

While I was brushing my hair, I heard the bushes, moving again.

Could it be...

Prince... Hero?

I hurriedly went to my balcony and searched everywhere for the moving bushes. Where could he be? Is he looking for his ring again or is there something more than the ring?

"Anybody, there?" I asked still looking around.

But there was only silence...

Then suddenly the bushes moved again.

"Show yourself!" I commanded, since no one is anwering me.

"Princess... Jessica...?"  I heard someone say my name.

Suddenly, I heard the doors open. 

 

I saw Prince Max.

 

"Oh, Prince Max.." then I turned around to face him.

"Oh, please.. Don't call me a prince anymore... Just Max or Changmin will be okay." He answered and went beside me.

"Ok, so Max... What are you still doing here? I mean, I'm not saying that you should leave or anything but I'm just asking."

"I don't want to say anything formal to you, Princess. But your parents told me to stay here at your palace until we got married."

"Oh, ok. It's fine with me. But how about you? you're... still studying, right?"

"No. I already finished my studies a long time ago." He stood next to me and smiled.

He then started talking about them,

I was amazed by how he tells me about those times when he had to study abroad, being apart from the family. I have to say, he is amazing, in a way that is admirable. I guess, that is what I really like about guys, being more matured than me, having time to talk, not letting others to disturb us.

Max is a guy that is very kind, a responsible, and a handsome man. But there is still one guy who I can't stop thinking about.

 

Prince Hero.

 

He has a voice that is very masculine. an Ideal man for girls. But I am not saying Max is not an Ideal man. I guess, Hero has more of an appeal to the woman.

We talked and talked for hours and talked about our status in life. I never really thought that I would get along with Max that fast. I mean, I guess what I see on movies is more of an love-hate relationship about engaged people. But for us, we just look like Best friends.

 

Not Lovers.

 

I looked at the sky and closed for a second. and when I opened my eyes, I saw Max's hands closed to mine and he suddenly held my hand and kissed me on my cheeks. I blushed and held his and kissed him back. Not that I am having feelings for him already. I just want to show him that as his Fiancee, I can be sweet.

When midnight came, he left my room and I just stayed at my balcony, thinking whether I would just stay and be satisfied with Max or meet Prince Hero, the guy who is mysterious to me.

While I was thinking I saw the bushes move again and someone stood up and I saw Prince Hero.

"Prince Hero?! what are you still doing here?" I was shocked, Obviously.

"I am here because I still wanted to talk to you. we didn't have the time to talk that long since your parents called for you." He said going up my balcony.

"What do you want to talk about, then?" I asked, looking straight at him.

"I want to get to know you more. More than your name, ofcourse."

"If I tell you mine, you'll tell me yours?"

"Alright."

"Well then, Go on and ask me. But I can't assure you that I will answer all of them."

"Ok. So what's your full name?"

"Jessica Jung."

"Cool, So tell me what's your real age and your current age."

"Yah... I would be really be Emberrased."

"Don't Be."

"Well, my Current age is... I'm 16, but since I'm living for a long time now I guess I might say that I'm already 160 yrs. old."

"What a short life you lived.... I'm already 170 yrs. old guy but still in this place."

"This place..? what do you mean??"

"I won't answer your question yet because It it not yet my turn to be asked. So, my next question is... Are you happy being engaged?" He said, turning around.

"Honestly?  I am not. I mean, Max is a great guy but us meeting for the first time and then telling me that I am engaged to him is a total surprise,"

"I know what you mean."

"I won't ask you why. Because It is not your time to be asked."

"Alright. So this will be my last question. would you prefer to date so many guys or prefer to just stay with the person you truly love...?"

"I would... Prefer to stay with the person I truly love because I am not the type of girl that plays with those guys heart and if I myself have chosen him, I don't want to let go. Why should I try and date many guys if I found the one already?"

"That was so deep Princess Jessica, you know, I feel like asking myself that question, too."

"Yah...! Don't get over it. Now it's my turn to ask you."

"Ok. so what will be the Question?"

"I want to about your family and why you are here. I know it's not a question but can you anwer... please?"

I looked straight at his eyes but I saw his eyes full of sadness. Why? Is there something I should have not asked? I saw him turning around and the only thing I can do is to tap his shoulder.

"Do you really want to know?" He suddenly asked, holding my hand.

I nodded my head.

"I came from a family far away from here. The Vertale kingdom is my Mother's birth place but my Mother died because of the attacking new born Vampires. I was ordered to go here by my father because he wanted me to tell my grandparents what happened to my late mother, I protested to his orders of course, "

"Why for?"

"Because I left my sister. I didn't want to leave her but I couldn't just leave my duties because as the oldest and as the only son, I have to protect them. Her name is Tiffany. a very playful girl, I might say. But she is prone to accidents that is why she is not allowed to go outside the Kingdom without me or without our parent's Permission or guards."

"When did you leave the country?"

"A Month ago. But everytime I turn around I want to go back because I'm worried that something bad might've happen to Tiffany."

"What are you still doing here, then? you know, If your too worried for your sister then you should've gone to the house of your Grandparents and tell them what happened to your Mother and then you can go home."

"I wanted to do that."

"Wanted?"

"My Grandparents already went back to my country."

"Why didn't you follow them?"

"Because they wanted me to stay to attend the Golden ball."

I was about to continue talking to him when suddenly I heard the doors open. Prince Hero hid again the bushes. and I turned around and saw Yuri.

"Hey you, Princess." She said, waving her hand.

"Oh, hey."

"Who are you talking to?"

"What do you mean by that?" I am getting nervous.

"Don't lie, Sica. I know that your talking to someone."  Then she went towards the Balcony "Show yourself!"

Prince Hero went out of the bushes and greeted Yuri and she did the same thing.

Afterwards, she looked at me with a big grin on her face. wait, what is that supposed to mean.? Yuri went beside me and Prince Hero just stood there and did nothing.

"I must leave now, princess."

"Alright, Prince Hero."

"Don't call me Prince Hero. Jaejoong. I prefer Jaejoong."

"And then call me Sica."

"Ok."

I smiled and then he went away. I looked at Yuri but then she pulled me towards my bed. I pushed myself and she just sat.

"Your engaged and you're still entertaining suitors? You bad girl!" She teased, laughing.

"He is not my suitor you idiot," I glared at her. "He just wanted to talk."

"Excuses," She laughed harder when she saw me giving her a death glare. "Sica...I have to confess something." She then sounded nervous.

"Don't. I know it already. You and Minho looked at each other, right?" I told her when I decided to read her mind.

"Not just that!"

"He talked to you but you were speechless. You can't talk to him straight because your crush already became love." I continued, sarcascm present in my voice.

"Yah! don't read my Mind! I'm scared." 

 "Why for?"

"Because.... you don't approve of it. and as you said, I will be killed by your father."

"My father won't find out. Your love for Minho will be safe with me."

"Thanks, Sica."

Then she smiled and went away. And I started to fix myself for my departure. It's already 3:00 in the morning and my class starts in 7:00 and it's long drive because there's traffic.

When I was about to leave, Prince Max stopped me.

"Changmin? What is it?"

"Oh yeah, I just wanted to so say goodbye and have a safe trip."

"Thanks."

"Take care, Princess Jessica."

"Call me, Sica."

"Alright."

I hugged my parents and went to my car but Changmin stopped me again and kissed me on my cheeks. I looked at him and smiled, after that,  I went inside my car and went away.

While I was leaving, I saw my parents smiling and looking at Changmin.

 

What for..?

 

*Edited: :)))