Calling off an Engagement..

My One True Love

“So…” Changmin started, looking at me then at the road.

“So…” I repeated, rolling my eyes and eating some chips given to me by SeoHyun.

“Are we there yet?” SeoHyun asked, looking from left to right.

“Almost.” Changmin says, smiling as he turns the wheel.

When we arrived at my home, I saw the door opened and my mom was running towards the car. Krystal followed with Jaejoong and Donghae. I went down with the two and stood in front of her. I saw her relieved when she saw Changmin.

“What happened?” She asks, looking at me then at Changmin.

“Jessica slept on my sister’s house not far from here.” He reasoned, smiling at her. “We were walking on the park when she fell asleep. So I brought her to my sister.”

“Why not here?”

“Oh, that…”

“Changmin oppa wanted to spend some time with his fiancée for a little while.” SeoHyun answered, going down the car and smiling at my mother.

“SeoHyun…?” My mom asks, confusingly looking at her.

“Yes, Mrs Jung?”

Everyone was confused, both looking at SeoHyun then at my mom. After a few minutes, the atmospheres become heavier. What the hell is happening? I breathed and walked inside the house and to the kitchen. I took out some apple juice and entered my room. I locked it and just opened my laptop. I couldn’t take the atmosphere out there. Why are there so many questions?

“Sica?” I heard Krystal say, knocking on my door.

“Yes?” I answered, walking towards the door.

“Dinner’s ready.” She said and left.

I opened the door, went down the stairs and saw the three guys sitting beside each other, mom sitting beside Krystal and SeoHyun sitting beside Changmin. I looked around; saw no seats left for me. But when I was about to go upstairs again, Donghae called out for me.

“What?” I asked, turning around.

“Seat here, I’ll go seat on the couch.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, taking a few steps forward.

“Yup.” Then he walked out of the room, took his plate with him.

“Wait,” My mom calls out, making Donghae turn to her. “I got a problem.”

“What is it, mom?” Krystal asked, looking at me then at the three.

“I think the engagement of Jessica and Changmin is a bad idea.”

“What?” Changmin reacted, while I kept silent. “What are you saying, mother – in – law?”

“It’s not that I don’t like you Changmin, but when Jessica isn’t still here, I could see Jaejoong and Donghae’s worried faces.  I could see that they love my baby girl.”

“What do you mean?” Krystal asked, looking at mom with confused eyes.

“I want to call of this wedding. JUST to see who could be worthy of my daughter.”

“What?!” Changmin reacted again, standing up and his eyes becoming red.

“Calm down Changmin oppa.” SeoHyun said, grabbing her brother’s arm. “Why don’t you just agree?”

“I can’t! I want to marry Jessica!”

“Changmin!” I shouted, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the room.

We went outside of the house and sat on the swing at the backyard. I looked at him and tried to calm him down as I tap his shoulder. After a few seconds, I saw him crying.

“Why?” He asks, looking at the ground. “Why can’t I be happy?!”

“What are you saying Changmin?” I asked, still tapping his shoulder.

“I want to marry you, Jessica. But if your mother can’t give me her blessing, how can I?”

He didn’t give me any choice. I did what I can do for him to stop crying. I’ve seen a part of his life. And I think I know why he’s like this.  I touched his face and made him look at me. I wiped his tears and smiled at him. “Don’t worry, we’ll get married. Ok?”

“We can’t unless your mother keeps her blessing away from us.”

I smiled, “Look, as long as you try your best to win her heart, you’ll get what you always wanted.”

“Her?”

“Can’t you see, Max? My mom is only calling off this engagement because three men are fighting for me. She wants someone who could win her over so that she can choose him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Pretty much yeah.”

“Alright.”

This is something I might regret a little later on. But can you blame me? I saw Changmin’s eyes and it showed me how much sorrow he had been through.

“How long are you guys going to stay there?” Krystal shouts.

“As long as we want to!” Changmin shouts back, standing up and pulling me towards the house.

We were all laughing while resumed eating. My mom smiles warmly at me. Changmin intertwines his hands with my mine as we eat, I didn’t let go because I need to keep my word. 

 

**

 

Edited...?

hahahaha :DD