Chapter 1

Beauty And The Beasts

I'm running; running in a forest.
I 'm running away from something, I can hear it chasing after me.
I start to slow down; "Don't do it, don't slow down." I tell myself
However, to no avail, I begin to  lag.
The sound begins to come closer, it began to ring, I turned around as a large white light engulfed my body.


I woke up with a start, bolting up in bed and breathing heavily like I usually did after that dream.
This always happens, I have that dream at least once a week, sometimes even more.
It's always painstakingly real looking and feeling to me; that's why sometimes I study all night and try not to sleep so I don't dream that dream. 
I've never seen the actual end, a part of me is glad I don't actually make it to the end and finds out what that white light is.

I turn to my side and prop myself up on my elbow, at that time my mom ran into my room without warning and said, "Eunji! Hurry and go eat breakfast before you're late for school." As she threw my cleaned uniform on my bed. I sit up on my bed trying to calm my heartbeat by breathing slowly for a while. I start to get ready for the day. After a couple of minutes I go downstairs, I quietly sit down at the dining table and start to have breakfast.
Slowly, I begin to doze off and hit my head on the table. I rubbed my temple as a short, intense pain shot through it.
"Ow" I mumbled as kept eating.
"This wouldn't happen if you sleep at night!" My mother shouted from the kitchen at that comment my younger brother, Minsu, snickers.
"I study all night; I don't know why that's funny." I snap at him as he still smiles.
My mother came out of the kitchen and slapped my brother on the head.
"Not so funny now huh?" I laughed as he pouted at our mother, but stayed quiet. 
"Your studying isn't funny either, you're already smart enough, be a teenager a little; now that we moved you can find new friends in your new school." My mother said as if she pitied me being all alone in my room, but she'd be angry if I got anything less than first.
"I already ha-" I started to say, but I got cut off by my phone alarm.
, it's already 7??
"I have to go, I'm going to be late if I stay longer" I say as I run to the door.
"Your book bag" My mother hands to me as I leave.
I say "Thank you!" As I run outside.
  I rush to the bus stop and wait for the bus, as I trying to catch my breath.
I waited alone, until somebody arrived.
It was a boy and he wore the same uniform as me and he stood a good six feet away from me.
I looked over at him and our eyes met, I quickly looked away, embarrassed.
I hope he didn't see me and think I was staring at him,  I thought as I ran my fingers through my hair, letting it fall down to cover part of my face.
The bus arrived a few minutes afterwards; I came in silently and paid.
The boy also entered, then he starts to rummage through his pockets.
After about twenty seconds the bus driver began to grow bitter.
"We have to move along here; do you have money or a buss pass?" He demanded.
"I don't think I have it..."He muttered as he fumbled with his pockets.
He gave a sigh and started to exit the bus.
"W-wait, here's some change, this should be enough" I say as I hold some money for him to take.
"Thank you, “he said, taking the money while avoiding my gaze.
"No problem" I replied quietly and headed for an open seat.
I sit down on a seat and clutched my book bag for some unseen protection as I waited silently for my stop.
I waited for the bus to come to my stop and exited with the other students that seemed to go to the school.
I walked inside the school and tried to find my way to the main office.
I entered the office and stand in the doorway for a couple of seconds till the reception lady looks at me.
"Who are you?" She asks suddenly.
"Um, ah, I-." I say, fumbling with my words; until I finally said aloud "I-I'm here to take my student ID and schedule" I might have said that a bit too loud, because the teachers looked at me as if I was mentally retarded. I  gazed down at the tiled floor.
The reception lady signaled for me to move closer to her, I followed her order.
"What's your name?"
"Lee Eunji" I respond
After a minute of telling her a few other things, she prints out my schedule.
She hands it to me and I take it; I exit the room till I realize I have no idea where to go.
I back up until I'm in the office again.
"Excuse me," I ask the very annoyed reception lady," where I can I find the room for Biology?"
"The numbers of the rooms will be outside the doors, just follow them." 
"But, I don't know my way around so-"
She cuts me off by getting up and going outside and I follow.
She pulls a boy out of the flow of the passer by students.
She glances at his tag on his uniform for a second, "Mr. Park, can you please show Miss Lee where these classes are?"
He pauses for a second and seems a bit caught off guard, who wouldn't be, but still he nods and agrees.
She points to me and says "there she is her, she'll tell you what classes she has."
And with that she leaves the hallway and enters back into the hallway.
I steer my way around the other students and go to him.
"Hi, I'm Lee Eunji," I say as I bow a little 
He moves aside to let the other students pass, then replies "my name is Park Chanyeol."
I look at him closely,
I've seen him before, but where..?
"Can I see your schedule?"
"Sure" I say as hand it to him, he then begins to walk and I follow.
"So you're looking for the biology room..."
I turn to him and nod, then I realize.
Sh@t! He's the guy from the bus stop, act cool, pretend you don't know it's him.
I look away and continue to follow him.
"You don't need to bring me there, just tell me the way to get there and I get there by myself" I say trying to leave the awkwardness that was in my head.
"Ah... Okay, so first you go..."
He explains the directions to me, I nod along as he tells me step by step how to go there. 
"Thank you,” I say as I take my schedule from him.
I move too quickly and our hands touch I feel an immense tinge of heat.
I quickly pull my hand back and my schedule falls to the ground; I quickly up look at Chanyeol.
He picks it up and hands it to be me, I am still staring at him dumbfounded.
"Are you okay?" I ask him.
"What do you mean?"
Maybe that was all in my head
"Nothing!" I reassure him.
"Thank you" I repeat again as I turn away from him and dash to biology.