Love Me More

Love Collection

A/N: Since I can't attend to f(x)'s Japan tour today I just spent the time and wrote something.

“Okay that’s it for today.” I said before switching the webcam off and letting out a deep breathe leaning against the chair. The 3 hours meeting with the CEO has finally ended which I did not expect to last this long. I look at the time I’m already 2 hours late for my dinner with her and I bet she’s really angry right now.

 

I quickly turn off my computer monitor, grabbing my bag I left the office in a hurry to get to my car.  Driving faster than I usually have I got to the restaurant in a rush and by the time I got there the restaurant was about to close.

 

“Sorry madam we’re closed.” The waiter stopped me from going inside.

 

“Please let me inside, my friend is waiting for me.”

 

“Madam there is nobody inside the restaurant.” The waiter clarified and still wouldn’t let me inside. I tip toed trying to stretch my neck to see however other than tables and chairs I see nothing else.

 

“Madam there’s really no customer inside.”

 

Unwillingly I turn around and left with a disappointed face. I got my phone that was in my coat’s pocket and clicked to my contact list. Her number is the first of my list she is also first in my heart too. I press the call button and place the phone on to my left ear. While waiting for the call to connect I heard my favourite song played – this is also the song she set as her ringtone. Looking up to search for the person I’m calling, not far away I saw her leaning against the wall outside the restaurant with her phone in hand.

 

I quickly hang up the call and shove the phone back in my coat pocket. Slowly she stood up as well looking at me without showing any expression.

 

“I’m so sorry. My meeting went over time.” I quickly explained.

 

She let out a deep breath without uttering a word.

 

“Soojung this is not the first time today is our anniversary.” She shoved her hands in her jacket’s pocket letting another deep breath.

 

“I know and I swear I didn’t forgot about it. I was having a meeting with…” Before I can finish explaining whom I was having a meeting with she stopped me from continuing on.

 

“That’s enough. I’m really tired of this.” The words were like a knife stabbed in my heart, my heart hurts so much it felt like it was bleeding.

 

“Amber…” I manage to utter and reach out to her but the moment my hand touches her she flinch away.

 

“I really tried Soojung. I really tried being the perfect girlfriend but I don’t how long I can do this for. I want to spend time with you like how we used to but things have changed since you got promoted. I thought things will get better once you settled on the new role but it’s been over a year.”

 

This is the first time I heard her talk about how she felt and it surprised me. I was lost at words and not know how to respond.

 

“At some point I even doubted if you still love me.” Her eyes were tearing up as she said those words.

 

Hearing her words has broke my heart, how can she doubt my love to her? We’ve been together for 3 years and my love for her has not decrease even a millimetre. I thought our love was strong even though in the past year we couldn’t spend as much time as before due to my work. But I never thought she doubted my love because we didn’t get to spend time together.

 

Other than heart broken I was also disappointed.

 

The silence between us went for a long time before she finally open again.

 

“Let’s take a break.” With that said she left leaving me behind in this empty cold street and the tears I’ve been holding in finally weren’t able to hold it anymore.

 

 

 

I thought our break would quickly patch up just like how all our previous fights were, she would wait outside my office bringing me flowers and say sweet things to me and then we would make up. But it’s been over a month and yet not one call I got from her.

 

Is this the end of our 3 years relationship?

 

I left the office after another long meeting with the team leaders. Usually I would rush out because I know Amber will be waiting for me but now there is no reason to rush anymore.

 

I took my time leaving the office and getting in the car. Before I start the engine my phone rang hoping it was Amber but disappointedly it was Victoria.

 

“Soojung-ah let’s go for a drink.” She said before I even get the chance to greet her.

 

Without anything to do other than heading home I decided to meet up with Victoria for a drink since it also been long I saw her and long I was out after work for drinks.

 

I got to the bar where I’m meeting Victoria, looking around the small bar I saw her sitting on the couch in the corner playing with her phone drinking red wine.

 

“Unnie.” I said and sat down beside her. I placed my handbag beside me and took off my black coat leaving me with my white shirt.

 

“Soojung are you alright?” She asked making me confuse – does she know about Amber and me?

 

I think she guessed what I was thinking with my expression.

 

“I heard from Amber, you two are taking a break.” She said giving me a concern look.

 

I didn’t say anything and took the empty wine glass on the table then pour myself a glass of red wine that was placed on the table. I didn’t really want to talk about what happened between Amber and I nor do I want to think how she thinks I don’t love her anymore.

 

Without saying a word I emptied the glass of wine in one go.

 

“Woah girl, this is not shots.”

 

Ignoring her words I then filled the emptied glass with more wine. When I was about to empty the glass of red again Victoria grabbed my wrist stopping me.

 

“Are you trying to get yourself drunk?”  She took the glass of red and put it back on the table. She then held my hand tightly giving it a light squeeze.

 

“Tell me what happened.”

 

I took a deep breath and began telling her what happened.

 

“I’m mad that she doubted my love for her but I’m more mad that she hasn’t contact me for a month.” I said and took the glass of wine and emptied it.

 

“Soojung you should go to Amber and make up with her.” I was surprised at what Victoria said.

 

“I’m on Amber’s side this time. You have been so busy with your work that you didn’t notice you neglected Amber for a year.”

 

I never thought I would hear Victoria say such words and it makes me think have I really neglected my girlfriend in the past year?

 

“There were so many nights that you supposed to meet Amber but you forgot about it and end up home sleeping.” Victoria said and of course I’m aware of it, I realised it the next day when I got 10 missed calls from her. “Then there was her birthday, you promised to celebrate it with her but you end up going on a business trip.” The more she says the guiltier I felt.

 

“Hey I made it up with her after I came back from my business trip.”

 

I remember I spent the entire day with her doing what she wanted to do. In the end she told she just want to stay home and cuddle, which I was glad because I was dead tried.

 

“Fine. Then there were times when Amber wanted but you refused because you were tired.”

 

“She even told you that?” My face heated up not knowing how much more things Amber has told Victoria.

 

“She’s my buddy, she tells me everything even the time you two had in her car.” Victoria said and took a sip of her wine. My face flushed redder at embarrassment.

 

I can’t believe she told Victoria about that! At that time we weren’t supposed to go all the way but after making out for long moment it got us aroused.

 

But then it made me realised that I really have neglected her for the past year when I couldn’t really think of any times that were special and memorable that happened to us other than the sad moments when we fought.

 

Slowly tears dripping down from the corner of my eyes. I wiped the dripping tears using the back of my hand, as I poured myself another glass of wine.

 

That night I end up home drunk and crying my heart out as I regretted what I did.

 

 

 

I got up the next day having a hang over but I can’t miss out on work since I have the usual fortnight meeting with the CEO.

 

I got dress and drove to work like normal even though my head was throbbing in pain. I parked my car and head towards my office for another busy working day. After realising what I did I planned to make up with Amber after work.

 

I was walking to the office while looking at my work emails through my mobile phone then suddenly at the front of my company’s door I was lifted up by a familiar pair of arms from behind.

 

I was spun around to the opposite of my company’s entrance as I yelp. People who were going in the building stopped and stared at me. After being spun around the person beside me carried me in bridal style and that’s when I finally saw the face of the person who held me.

 

“Amber! What are you doing? Put me down.” I held tightly to her not wanting to fall I was shocked as I could not believe it’s Amber that is now holding me.

 

“No. I’m going to kidnap you for a day.” She said sternly and carried me away from my work building.

 

With that I stayed quiet and just tightly held on to her.

 

Whatever meeting I got today I don’t care anymore even if it’s a meeting with the CEO.

 

Like what she said Amber threw me in her car and drove off without telling me where she is taking me no matter how many times I’ve asked her.

 

Then her car finally stopped at the beach that is far away from the city. I remember we used to come here often.

 

“Soojung, I’m sorry I doubted your love.” She said with eyes looking deeply at mine.

 

“I should be the one to say sorry.” I shook my head and held her hand. “I’m sorry for neglecting you the past year and I’m sorry that I made you felt this way. Can we make up? I promise I will make time for you.” I said the last two sentences softly as I’m not used to saying such words.

 

Amber laughed, her hands then grabbed both of mine holding them tightly. “You’re so cute.” She whispered making me blush more. Her face inched closer and soon her lips touched mine.