I don't want a lover

Love Collection

 

A/N: There are three parts to this and this is the first part.

------

I woke up to the smell of food, running my hand to the side of my bed I found the spot where it should be occupied was empty. I pushed myself up and grabbed the nightgown that was lying on the floor. Putting myself in clothes I walk out following the smell of cooked food. There I saw my boyfriend standing in the kitchen only in his boxers while cooking up some breakfast. I yawned and my yawning caught his attention.

 

He turned around with a wide smile spread across his smile. Instead of returning the smile I yawned again.

 

“Breakfast is almost ready. Go wash up first.” He said stopping whatever he was doing and urged me to the bathroom. I did what he told me to and went to the bathroom to wash up. When I was done looking a little better and waken I went back out to the kitchen. Two big breakfasts was placed on the dining table with two glasses of orange juice. I sat down and began eating the cooked breakfast.

 

“Krys tomorrow is my mother’s birthday and I want to bring you to her.”

 

I heard him say as I was chewing on the piece of bacon. He continued to blab about buying what kind of present to his mother and how his mother really wants to see me. It has been the second time he mentioned bringing me to his family, the first time I ignored him and told him I wasn’t looking for a long relationship. He looked a little disappointed and told me he understand. Now he has mentioned this again and I just think it’s time to break this relationship.

 

I can feel he has gotten serious in this relationship that was not supposed to be.

 

“Sehun I told you I would not see your mother and we’ve agreed not to get too serious in this relationship.” I reminded him what we’ve agreed before. I can see the immediately change from his happy expression to the sad expression.

 

I know this will hurt but we’ve agreed to not take it seriously and just enjoy each other’s company. Now that I feel he has fallen deep into this relationship I must break if off with him.

 

I am a person with no future.

 

“Sehun you broke our rules I’m afraid this is the end of our relationship. Let’s break up.” I said cruelly as I continue to eat the breakfast he cooked. I can hear the fork dropped making a big clinging noise with the plate.

 

“P…please don’t do this to me.” He stuttered and I can see tears building in his eyes. He grab onto my arm shaking and begging me to not break up with him. But I have already made up my mind and it’s not going to change. I ignored him and continue to chew on my food. He kept begging me and I ignored him like a cold-blooded heart creature.

 

“I thought I would have melted your heart after all the time we spent together. You really are a cold hearted person just like how everyone says.” He sulked and left.

 

My heart is already dead even though it’s still beating inside my body. Ever since I was young I’ve learnt that I am someone who does not have a future and I’m not suppose to fall in love.

 

 

 

After that morning break up I kept receiving hateful SMS from a private number and it was so obvious that it was Sehun’s doing. He even spread hateful rumors around the college we both go to saying how I’m a and I was two timing. But I ignored them all, I am already used to people talking bad things about me. There is no need to explain when I know it’s not the truth.

 

I was on my way to my class and along the way there I saw people whispering and pointing at me. I know they must be gossiping about me but I don’t give a . I shot them an icy cold glare and continue walking. On my way to class my eyes caught sight of a familiar figure. I wasn’t sure if it’s her but that person definitely looks like her.

 

She was my high school classmate, Amber Josephine Liu.

 

So why am I still able to remember her name? She was in my class for my final year of high school but that’s not the reason. She has a very handsome face for a girl and she mingle well with everyone. At first I was a little jealous how she can get along with everyone unlike me who is usually alone. But soon as I take notice of her, although she is friendly with everyone but inside I can feel that she has nobody. Also there was rumor that she was sleeping with rich girls from another school and rich married women for money. I don’t really care because not like I am any better. I lost my ity when I was 16 to a senior at my school and I don’t remember his face or his name anymore. I just remember he was someone that every girls want. I don’t even remember whether the was good or bad. From that day on I had many boyfriends but none of them last long because all of them had eventually fallen deeply in love with me. But what they don’t know, what I need is not a lover but someone I can just have fun with whenever I’m feeling lonely.

 

I arrived to my class and sat alone in the corner. I have no idea why my sister wants me to study when she knows there’s no point of it. There is only a little time left in my life, why not just let me enjoy it? I sat there listening to the old teacher’s lecture everyone was paying attention and writing down notes. But I was just listening because there weren’t anything better to do. Class ended and I lazily left the classroom. I was walking alone in the corridor when I felt a hand on my shoulder stopping me to go any further.

 

“So I heard you broke up with that loser.”

 

I turn over to see Kikwang, a guy from my class who is rich but a show off. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt showing off his muscles and those bling-bling he wears that’s hurting my eyes. I brush his hand off my shoulder and ignored him. But he caught up and continues bothering me.

 

“How about be my girlfriend?” He said with a cocky face that he expects nothing but a ‘yes’.

 

I continue to ignore him as for some reason I really hate seeing his face. I don’t think I will ever be able to look at his face for more than 1 second.

 

“Oh come on stop pretending. You’re just a that sleeps with every man. You are nothing but a to me.” He stopped following me and shouted across the corridor making me the center of attention. I continue to ignore and walk away like nothing.

 

 

 

I woke up in the morning feeling really ty and decide to skip today’s classes. I went back to sleep hugging my blanket until I heard my doorbell ringing. I buried my head under the pillow to block the annoying sound but the bell just kept ringing non-stop. And eventually I got annoyed and got up opening the door. I swing the door open and went crashing on the sofa laying my lazy .

 

“Krystal you didn’t go to your appointment yesterday. Hurry up and get dress now. Sooyoung is waiting for you.” It was my sister; Jessica and I can tell by the way she sounds she is not a bit happy about me skipping appointment again. I buried my face under the cushion trying to block my hearings but she grabbed the cushion throwing it away. She even flipped my body over and forced me to face her.

 

“Hurry up and get change.” She repeats again.

 

I really want to ignore her but I couldn’t. My sister is the only person in this world that cares about me. I let out a sigh and nodded my head. I quickly went and got ready for my appointment. Jessica was standing outside waiting for me the entire time and she even drove me over to the clinic making sure I attend. When she saw me inside Sooyoung’s office she feel safe and left.

 

I rolled my eyes feeling like I’m a baby that needs babysitting and Sooyoung just laughed at me. I sighed and quickly head over to the bed sitting down. I took off my shirt and lie down on the bed waiting for Sooyoung to do the usual check up.

 

Ever since I was a kid I know that I have a heart disease. I spent most of my childhood at the hospital rather than school with other children. I was always jealous of other children that can run around in the playground while I can just watch. My sister told me that my heart would stop beating when I turn 21 years old. I am 19 right now and my life will end not even 2 years later. I was a lot weaker when I was young but after that surgery and as I got older I became stronger. I didn’t need to spend most of my time at the hospital instead I just needed regular check up.

 

Sooyoung is my doctor now and before her father was actually the one following my case. As I grew older and have my body well developed my sister thought changing to a female doctor would be less awkward. Dr. Choi then referred me to his daughter Sooyoung and since Sooyoung is young we get along fairly well.

 

As for my parents I think they gave up on me already.

 

“Come back tomorrow for another check up.” I heard Sooyoung said as I put my shirt back on. I pouted because I know I’m supposed to come for check up every two days.

 

“Don’t pout it’s your fault for skipping the appointment.” Sooyoung said and I just rolled my eyes that I can’t avoid the appointment.

 

“Take your medicine. Avoid exercise or too much . And no sweets and no salty foods.” Sooyoung reminded me and it was those words again. Sometimes I wonder if she’s an old aunty inside that young pretty face.

 

“Alright stop the nag you are going to turn into an old aunty soon and no guys would like that.” I told her in a joking manner as I fixed my hair. I grabbed my handbag and left the clinic without another saying.

 

I was out on the street aimlessly walking nowhere then I decide to go to that only place I like. I walk pass the streets and into the empty alleyway that will lead me to that store. But just when I turn to that alleyway someone suddenly approach me pinning me against the wall. She covered my mouth with her hand making sure I won’t scream. I was surprise to see it was Amber. I nodded my head and she releases her hand knowing that I won’t scream. She buried her head against me and whispered some words. “I’m not going to harm you but just let me stay like this for a moment.” I heard her say and I just let her stand there only an inch away from me. I can feel her breathing against my skin and her scent was intoxicating. Then the men outside the alleyway shouting caught my attention.

 

“That don’t you dare to touch my wife again!” One of the men shouted looking around. He spotted us and was about to approach us then I quickly smash my lips on Amber who is an inch away from me. I think I caught her off guard as I feel her frozen on the spot. I took the chance and deepen the kiss wrapping my arms around her neck. I think she saw the guy that is chasing after her from the corner of her eyes and she quickly wrap her arms around my waist hungrily kissing me back. We were kissing each other hungrily that I think the guy can see our tongues fighting each other. He just laughed and then continues to walk off to chase after that that is ing his wife.

 

When she saw the guy who is chasing her left she wants to push me away but I didn’t let her. I held her tight and press my lips against her. I don’t know why I did that maybe I do find her a little y or maybe I am just that I’m fine even it’s a girl. Life is short it’s okay to try anything and everything. I kept kissing her and eventually she gave in kissing me back until I ran out of breath. I push her away and I was panting really heavily. I can feel my heart beating in an absolute fast pace and if we kiss any longer I probably faint. I took the time to take as much oxygen I can and I can see her looking at me with lustful eyes as I recover. I gave her a smirk when I recovered to my normal heart rate. I push off my body against the wall and held Amber’s hand dragging her to my place that is nearby. She returns the same smirk and allow me to drag her.

 

It was the first time I slept with a girl and surprisingly I love it. The difference between touching the skin of a guy and a girl was so different. Her skin was very soft and smooth, no wonder men loves groping women. We ed all day long until the sky turns dark and I was so exhausted that I couldn’t move anymore. By the time I woke up it was already late night and Amber was still sleeping beside me. I manage to drag my body to the bathroom and took a warm bath letting my body rest in the tub. It has been a long time since I had such intense with someone. was getting boring for me recently with the last guy I was with who only care about pleasuring himself and he get exhausted after a round or two.

 

The bath was so comfortable that I almost fell asleep. I got out of the bathroom wrapped in my bathing robe and I saw Amber getting dress. I wonder if she remembers me? I asked myself as I stared at her putting her jeans on.

 

“Hey thanks for today. I would be dead if they caught me.” Amber said after getting dressed.

 

“I should thank you for giving me such amazing .” I was always bold with my words. I would say it out loud whether the was good or bad.

 

“People usually have to pay to have with me but that I’ll treat it as a thank you for helping me.” Amber chuckled.

 

I think she remembered who I am otherwise she wouldn’t be that bold with her words and she knows already that rumors of her sleeping with girls for money spread around the entire school. I didn’t say another word as I watch her grabbing her jacket on the floor, putting her shoes on and left my apartment without saying another word.

 

I don’t think I’ll see her again.

 

 

 

I was enjoying my days being single doing whatever I like and whenever I like. But today was different. It was the day I came to this world and I hated it. Why should I celebrate such day when it just means I’m getting closer to dying? But I never express that thought out because every year my sister would celebrate it with me and spend the day with me doing whatever I like. I received her SMS in the morning just a short happy birthday message since she’s out of the country. Then I receive another Happy Birthday message from Sooyoung. Everything was fine until it reaches the night. I was sitting alone on the couch watching a random English movie about a couple deeply in love with each other. Suddenly I felt the emptiness and I quickly got myself dressed heading out to the club.

 

I randomly picked a club and it wasn’t a weekend so there was no need in lining up. I was wearing a very short and y dress that I caught the attention of every single guys and girls in the club. Once I got inside guys just surround me all wanting to buy me a drink. But I’ve got to avoid the alcohol because that’s a killer to my heart. I went straight to the dance floor and began dancing ily. I want to drown myself into the music and heat. And almost immediately I got surrounded by a group of guys. I teased them a little by grinding my close to their crotch. And when I picked the lucky guy I want to spend the night with I pulled him by the collar and crash my lips onto his. I can feel him grinning ear to ear as I kiss him in the middle of the dance floor. The bunch of guys just left finding another target. I was kissing him until I ran out of breath. Then without any words I pulled him out of the club and immediately he knows he’s going to get lucky with me. We were kissing on the way to my place inside the taxi and I caught a few times that the driver was peaking at us.

 

When we got out of the elevator walking towards my door I saw a familiar figure sitting on the floor leaning against my door. The person was wearing a cap and was carrying a black backpack. When that person lifts the head up I finally saw her face. It was Amber. Our eyes meet and I shot her a why-are-you-here look. She stood up from sitting on the floor waiting for me to approach.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked rather rudely.

 

“I can’t go home the guy found where I live and the only place I can think of to stay is here.” I heard her say but I gave her an I-don’t-give-a- look.

 

“I’m sure you’re sleeping with more than one woman just go somewhere else.” I shooed her away but she just stood there staring at the guy standing behind me.

 

“Come on Krystal we’re high school friends. Just let me stay for the night.” She begged with her puppy eyes that I find it disgusting yet amusing.

 

“Just rent a room.” I told her but she still stood there not moving at all.

 

“I can’t he’ll find me out. Please just one night.” She begged again and somehow my heart softens giving up to shoo her away. I know I’m y but I am not the type to push someone I know out to die.

 

I turn around facing that guy whom I don’t even know him name or remember how he looks like now. “Sorry I’m not free tonight so just go find another woman.” I told him with a cold expression. I can see how pissed off he look but I don’t care and I turn around digging for my keys.

 

“What the ?” He said obviously not happy that he was supposedly to get laid but not anymore. I ignored him and finally found my keys opening the door. “ing !” He shouted and kicked the wall. I chuckled seeing how much of a coward he was to swear and leave. I would have given him a chance if he at least tried doing something but he didn’t. I swing the door open and leaving it open for Amber to come in. She grabbed her bag and walks in then closed the door. I didn’t speak a word totally ignoring her and did my own things. I don’t think she mind that I ignored her. She was lying on the couch comfortably like her own house. I walk into my bedroom preparing to take a bath. I was out fresh and makeup free. I walk out to the kitchen getting a drink and I still see her lying on the couch.

 

“Was today your birthday?” She asked turning her head looking at me in the kitchen. I gave her a puzzle look wondering how she knows. “You’re sister just left you a message saying she couldn’t get to your mobile phone.” She said pointing to the phone machine. I put the glass down and went over to the phone machine. Pressing the button the message played again.

 

         Happy Birthday my little cute sister! I couldn’t call your mobile. I’m so sorry that I can’t spend the day with you like every year. But I will definitely get you a big birthday present over here in Japan and dinner together when I come back. Bye and don’t do anything that can harm your body.

 

A smile spread across my face even just by listening to this message. Even though she’s overseas but she still nags me to not do anything that can harm my body. She is definitely getting old with all that nagging like Sooyoung.

 

“Happy Birthday!” I heard Amber say and I just mutter thanks to her before I went back in my bedroom. I put on my earplugs turning my ipod on as I lay down on my bed. My heart is filled with loneliness and I need some music to distract my mind.

 

I think I fell asleep as I felt my earplugs being pulled off. The room was pitch black and the only source of light I saw was the 20 light up candles stuck on the cake.

 

         ♪ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Krystal, happy birthday to you ♪ 

 

I heard her sing softly and tears just went dripping down my face. Every year my sister would sing this song to me but this year it was replaced with someone that I don’t even state as friends. I hated the day of my birthday but deeply inside I wished I could celebrate my birthday with the person whom I love.

 

“Hurry up and blow the candles otherwise we’ll be eating wax.” Amber pushes the cake closer to my face urging me to blow the candles. I wipe the tears off my cheeks, taking a deep breath in and blew my hardest. The source of lights disappeared and Amber went switching the lights back on. She pulled out the wooden chair and placed the cake on it.

 

“Let’s dig in.” She said pulling out two forks from behind.

 

I laughed at her dorky smile and grabbed the fork. She was sitting on the floor while I was sitting on my bed as we both ate the cake together in silent.

 

“Thanks for the cake.” I muttered remembering that I didn’t thank her properly.

 

“No problem. I think I’m just born to make girls happy.” She joked and ate another bite of the cake. I paused for a moment and put the fork out of my mouth.

 

“I wish there are more of you in this world so I can buy them all and make me happy everyday.” I suddenly said feeling a little depressed. I don’t know why I said that but no matter what I cannot feel happy when I know I’m going to die soon.

 

“How much are you willing to pay?” I heard her say in a serious tone of voice. I lift my head up staring into her eyes trying to figure out if she’s serious or not. But all I see was those determine eyes.

 

“How much do you want?” I asked and I think our conversation turned into a serious one.

 

“Twenty thousands US dollar.” She said.

 

I sat there blankly as I didn’t know how much money that would be in won. I grabbed my phone and quickly search the current currency online. I was shock at the amount but acted calm. I don’t really care about money but if money can buy me a year of happiness, why not? I have nothing but money and I certainly can’t take them with me when I die.

 

“Deal.” I said and she jolts up staring at me like she heard me wrongly.

 

“Are you serious?” She asked with an unbelievable expression.

 

“Yes but only under these conditions.” I said and she was listening to me carefully straightening her back. “One: You will have to please me and make me happy for a year. Two: You can’t sleep with anyone else but me. Three: You cannot fall in love with me.” I listed them out and the last one was the most crucial one. “If you break any of these rules you will get the out of my life and return the money back.”

 

“Deal.” She didn’t even think twice before she accepted the offer.

 

Things just got serious and we even written a contract up with everything that we agreed on. After agreeing we both signed the paper and like that I just brought a person for a year to make me happy and feel less lonely until I leave this world.