Beautiful Stranger

Love Collection

A/N: Amber's POV of Date with a stranger. Hope you like it :)

------------

 

I looked at the time on the phone for the nth times already. Why is this girl so late!? I’m going to go crazy if she don’t come because she’s an hour late. Yes I’ve been sitting on this bench for an hour waiting for my date to arrive. I don’t know who she is but Key set me up on this date he said it’s better to get as much experience as I can. And I’m just an idiot who listened to him.

 

I look over to the front, that guy in front is still waiting for his date just like me, dude I pity you. It’s painful to wait. I saw the guy walking back and forth on the spot. Then I saw the red rose in his hand. Gosh, someone still uses this this trick to meet girls over the Internet? I bet the girl is ugly.

 

I saw the guy already there before I arrived that means he waited over an hour for his date. I look at the time on my phone again and 15 minutes have passed. I have waited for my date for 1 hour and 15 minutes; I think it’s enough. I push myself up the bench and straighten the folds of my jeans. Before leaving I took another glance at that guy again, he’s still waiting.

 

Poor thing I should tell him to go instead of waiting forever.

 

I walk up to the guy and pat his shoulder. He turned around with a frighten expression like he’s been caught.

 

“It should be obvious that your date will not come. Don’t bother waiting.” I said to him. I know it’s strange but since we both got stood up by our dates I can feel his pain.

 

The guy showed a very frighten expression and shove the red rose in my hand.

 

“Tell…tell…tell…that girl…I’m sorry….” He pointed at a girl sitting on the step in front of the fountain. The second he finished his sentence he ran off.

 

I held the red rose in front of my face then avert my eyes to the girl who is playing with her phone. The second I saw her holding a red rose I immediately understand the situation.

 

So that’s the ugly girl he’s meeting. Must be too ugly to meet and so he backs out.

 

My phone vibrated and I got a message from Key.

 

Sorry your date is not feeling well. Y’know periods.

 

Periods? Of course I know I get them as well. But now you tell me after waiting for an hour and 15 minutes. I fiddle with the red rose and suddenly I got curious of that ugly person who made the guy ran away from his date. I walk towards the girl who is still busily playing with her phone.

 

“Hi…” Her head shot up and I was shock. She’s not ugly at all in fact the opposite she’s very… very beautiful. But I can tell she’s not in a very good mood by the look on her face. I was stunned by her beautiful face that I couldn’t utter another word explain I’m not the one she’s waiting for and just let her drag me away.

 

She kept saying something about tired and hungry but I couldn’t care much because right now I’m just enjoying being dragged by her small hand.

 

Here I am sitting in the café with her puffing her face looking at the menu. I silently observe her facial features, how can such a person be this perfect? I was too busy staring at her until I felt her looking back at me. I avert my eyes back to the menu in my hand.

 

So expensive!? I can eat 5 meals out in another café.

 

“I’m not really hungry so I’ll just have an orange juice.” I weakly smiled at the waiter before handing him back the menu.

 

The waiter left after taking the orders and we just stared at each other.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Should I tell her my real name or just a fake one?

 

“My name is…”

 

“Argh… don’t worry about it. I don’t think we’re ever going to meet again after today.” She said in a not-so-bothered tone.

 

She’s right we definitely won’t meet again after this. After eating I’m going to leave, I am not going to waste my time on her. She took her phone out and starts hitting on the screen; texting someone I assume. I thought if I should tell her I’m not her date but I let it slide since we’re not going to meet after today so it wouldn’t matter much. Food arrived I was surprise of the amount of food she ordered. Beef lasagna, pasta, pancakes and 1 fruit smoothies. Is she able to finish them all? My orange juice arrived too and I was just sipping it while I try to remember the price of each item.

 

I’m so bankrupt after this meal.

 

It was kind of amusing watching her eat because she really can finish everything. She has a very satisfied expression afterward that happens to put a smile on me.

 

“Since you made me wait, your treat.”

 

I knew this will come, let me just pray it’s not over 100 dollar. Hiding my hurt expression with a smile I walk up to the cashier to pay.

 

102 dollar!?

 

I widen my eyes in shock of the unreasonable expensive meal we just had. Unwillingly I took out my notes and hand it to the cashier. I could have brought a box of instant noodles with that money. Hiding the pain of the lost I walk back to the girl.

 

“So what do you want to do now… for our date?”

 

With a little amount money left in my wallet I asked if she has anything in mind that might cost me a fortunate. If it’s like shopping or something like that I’m leaving.

 

“Where ever you want to go.” She gave me an I-don’t-care look as she averts her attention to the busy street.

 

Great! I am not letting my money and time go to a waste. I’m going to get something in return for that expensive meal.

 

I suddenly remember that there’s an ice rink nearby in the shopping center. I know this might sound erted or a jerk way of thinking but in order to make my spending worth its price, I want some physical contacts. In dramas going to the ice rink means physical contacts for the couple, I can hold her hand while teaching her how to skate. All of a sudden I got excited and I just grab her hand and pull her along with me.

 

Along the way I only thought of how I can make my money worth it.

 

We arrived at the ice rink, surprisingly the girl at the cash register knows me. We used to go to the same school in LA and she saw me playing ice hockey for the school and is a fan of mine. I gave her one of my charming smile and she let me in without needing to pay.

 

I can really make use of my charming smile.

 

I pull the girl inside and strangely she didn’t speak a single word.

 

“What is your size?”

 

She just kept spacing out and I couldn’t really wait any longer so I just push her over to measure her feet. I even got her skates for her too.

 

“Here you go.” I gave her my charming smile.

 

I guess my smile is really working she doesn’t seem cranky like before. We sat down on the chair to put our skates on. After putting mine on I still see her staring at her pair of skates.

 

Does she not know how to put it on?

 

In a lot of dramas I watched girls likes it when the guy puts their shoe on for them. I followed just like in dramas but only to find that she’s wearing sandles.

 

“It’s going to be uncomfortable without socks.”

 

I got up and walk to the counter. I was going to ask the lady to borrow a pair of socks.

 

“Is that your girlfriend over there?”

 

“Here, girls will like it if you brought a new pair instead of borrowing the worn ones.”

 

I didn’t even get to say anything and that lady just convinced me buying a pair of new socks. Socks at a place like this are expensive. I walk back hiding my painful face. I better get enough of skinship.

 

I continued my act and help her with putting her socks and skates on.

 

“All done.” I patted her skates then flashed another of my charming smile.

 

I can see a light blush on her face, great she’s falling for me, which make things easier. I took our belongings and put them in the locker. I came back and pull the girl to skate.

 

I just can’t wait how she will tightly hold onto me when we skate.

 

We got in the ice rink and immediately she grabbed the handrail. Sweet, it looks like she doesn’t know how to skate. I saw goosebumps forming on her arms I can give her a warm hug if I don’t get a bunch from her. Anyways, took off my jacket and coolly hand it to her. I skate off as she’s putting it on, I want to show her my cool skating skills but instead I tried to avoid a kid who came charging at me that I lost balance and landed on my .

 

“OUCH!”

 

The girl then skillfully skates doing a 360 spin before reaching her hand out to me.

 

“You know how to skate?” I was overly surprised by her skating skills.

 

I reach out my hand connecting it with hers and lift myself up.

 

“You don’t know how to skate?”

 

She asked me and I was still debating whether to say the truth or lie. If I tell her the truth then my plan will be ruin. 

 

“Nope but I always wanted to try.” I pull out a grin brushing the ice on my .

 

I think I’m getting better at lying.

 

She rolled her eyes, maybe thinking why would I bring her here when I can’t skate. Our hands were still connected and she offers to teach me how to skate. She told me to hold on tight and I really did. I pretend to skate wobbly and fall from time to time making sure I look like a beginner. She helped me from falling and I think I felt her s pressed against my arm at one time.

 

“Oh my god! I’m skating!” I pretend to be excited and tried to look like I’m about to fall.

 

I glance over to the girl and she laughed. That beautiful laugh is just…beautiful. We then left the ice rink after an hour or so. I was so tired because I had to pretend to fall and skate wobbly. We just sat on the bench resting.

 

“This is so fun.” I said trying to break the silence. I didn’t hear a respond from her so I ask another question that she definitely will respond back.

 

“You hungry? Want to eat something?”

 

She shyly nodded and I knew I hit the jackpot. Food is something that she cannot resist. The way she nodded was so cute I think I want to be by her side a little longer. I push myself off the bench and got our belongings I was going to take off her skates but she said it’s okay.

 

I brought her to a Korean restaurant, one that tastes good and cheap. I let her do the ordering since she seems hungry and she ordered a lot of meat.

 

“You sure eat a lot for a skinny girl.” I asked. I wonder if she eats this much every day, it’s amazing how her figure is still amazing.

 

Unknowingly I was just checking her upper body out.

 

“Are you trying to say I’m a big eater?” She seems angry.

 

“No. It’s good that you eat. All my previous girlfriends always try to stop themselves eating a lot scared that they get fat.” I explained.

 

Girlfriend? Ha, my imaginations are my girlfriends. I heard from Key he said girls like dating someone who has more experienced.

 

I really enjoyed the dinner, we talked and we laughed. She was so cute having full of food. It’s amazing that I manage to be with a person whom I don’t even know her name.

 

Amber Liu are you falling for this girl?

 

We left the restaurant and of course I paid for the dinner. She tried shoving a few notes in my hand but I push it back to her. I might not have any money left with me but it was worth paying to see her smiley face. Looking at the dark sky I know it’s time to end the date. I walk her to the bus station since she insists me not to take her home. I wanted to ask her name and if she willing to give me her phone number but before I could ask her bus came.

 

“Your bus is here.” I pointed.

 

She hops in the bus looking a little… disappointed? My heart sudden all messed up because I already missed her. Before the bus closes its door I quickly ran in using my last penny to pay for the ride.

 

“I think you forgot to give me back my jacket.” I said trying to act cool like I’m just here for my jacket.

 

I saw her face lighten up. Does she feel the same?

 

We didn’t say anything afterward and just ride the bus silently. It was comfortable just sitting like this. I wanted to hold her hand but this might scare her away so I just hold it in. When it was her stop I followed her out, might as well send her home since I’m already this far. We walk side by side on the silent street I still want to hold her hand but I was afraid.

 

“It’s here.” She spoke softly breaking the comfortable surrounding.

 

I look at her and she hand me the jacket. Our fingers slightly brushes against each other, the warmth of her fingers are giving me electric shocks.

 

“Can I ask for your name?” I was going to ask first but she beats me. She looked really shy which was really cute.

 

“Amber, remember it.”

 

It seems like she want to say something but I took up all my courage and smash my lips onto hers. I was drowned at the softness of her lips that I froze on the spot. Then I finally came back to reality when I felt her pulling me close tasting my lips. I return the kiss and even place my hands on her waist.

 

“KRYSTAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT BOY!?”

 

I heard a loud shout from not so far ahead. Then I felt a light push from the girl. I guess that’s her mother. Krystal? I like the name. I heard Krystal cursed and the lady in front speed up her pace towards us.

 

I lean in giving her a last peck on the lips. “I’ll call you later, Krystal.” I whispered to her ear and I felt she was stoned for a second because of my voice. I saw a questioned face and I knew exactly what she wants to ask. Before turning away and running as fast as I can I slipped my mobile phone in her handbag. Yes I don’t have her phone number but I know my own phone number.

 

I kept running until I couldn’t hear Krystal’s mother screaming voice. I stopped running and walk slowly, I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face knowing that Krystal likes me as well otherwise she wouldn’t have kissed me back. But then I suddenly stop smiling.

 

OH ! I DON’T HAVE ANY MONEY LEFT AND I DON’T HAVE MY PHONE. HOW AM I GOING TO GO HOME?