Two Players

Love Collection

 

The usual Friday party night, I stood in front of the bar counter sipping my vodka cocktail while my best friend Amber leaning half her weight on me. Her eyes is pinning this hot girl on the dance floor, long legs and long hair, two key points that would attract her attention.  She poured the remaining same vodka cocktail as mine into and swallows it. She puts the glass on the bar table and finally lifting her weight off me.

 

“I’m off!” She shouted right beside my ear and planted a soft kiss on my cheek before pushing her way through the crowd of dancers.

 

Tonight another girl will add to Amber’s-one-night-stand list.

 

Not long after Amber left a girl came up and whispers some sweet words in my ear.  I gave her a nod before leaving the club hand-in-hand with that girl.

 

 

 

If Amber Liu is a player, so am I.

 

 

 

It was one of those nights again where us girls gather at Victoria’s place to enjoy her amazing cooking skills. This is also our chance to catch up and gossip amongst us all. When I arrived at Victoria’s place the other girls were already there sipping some red wines eating some snacks waiting for Victoria to finish cooking. Victoria lives alone so obviously she doesn’t need a big place, her living room only can fit a two seats sofa and a single seat sofa. Luna and Sulli already occupied the two seats sofa and Amber took the single seat sofa. I stood there for a while looking for a place to sit and before I could find a place better than sitting on the carpet floor Amber shoved herself aside and made space for me.

 

“Here, seat here.” She said waving her hand at me.

 

I gave her a smile and squeeze myself in that small space. Instantly Amber wraps her arm around my waist as I lean half of my back against her. Smelling the nice wine scent I grab hold of Amber’s wine glass to have a taste of it. I took a mouthful of the wine; I let it run through my entire mouth tasting it before swallowing it.

 

“You guys seriously look like a couple.” It’s not the first time Luna said such thing after seeing our intimate actions.

 

“Of course they look like a couple, they’re both players.” This time it was Sulli who said that.

 

I can only smile at that comment, no doubt about it that we’re both players.

 

“You guys seriously haven’t had before?” Luna looked very curious as she straightens herself up.

 

Out of the group Luna is the last one to join our gang and so she knew lesser things about us comparing to Victoria and Sulli.

 

“I don’t have with my friends especially Krystal is my best friend.” Amber clarified.

 

“That’s right. We’re childhood friends. We’ve known each other since five years old.” I added.

 

That’s right we’re childhood friends since young. We went to the same elementary school, same high school and even same college. We were never apart since we first met. Even if we have kissed before but it was not passionate like those involves in tongue. Our kisses are just friendly kisses where our lips just touched.

 

Before this topic can go on and on about why we don’t try and date, Victoria came out the kitchen in just the right time calling us to eat. I got off the seat and put down the wine glass on the table before grabbing onto Amber’s hand pulling her lazy body to the dining table.

 

The dining table was filled with lots of colorful and attractive dishes. Indeed Chef Victoria is the best. Not only she has the looks but also the skills. It’s no wonder she’s on so many cooking shows and magazines. She’s even selected as the most desirable women.

 

 

 

I was at the café with my client explaining the legal case after we have finish and signed the last legal document they left. I stayed behind finishing the coffee and double checking the documents until the seat next to me was occupied. I look up to be greeted by an unknown yet familiar girl.

 

“Hi remember me?” She greeted with her best smile.

 

I tilted my head a little trying to remember her face. Is she the girl from that night or the other night? I really don’t remember their faces.

 

“Last Friday night.” As if she read my mind she answered my question.

 

She rests her elbow on the table hand supporting her chin and biting on her index finger the other hand drawing circles on my arm. She stares into my eyes like sending electric waves. She wore a flowery one piece dress, V neck, almost exposing her . I must admit it is a nice view but I don’t to deal with any women I slept with afterwards. I pull my arm away from her touch; piling my documents in a stack I quickly put them in my bag ignoring the girl. Right before I want to get up I got pulled by the girl. I got a little bit annoyed and I just want to get away. When I thought I had deal with this girl for who knows how long another person hugged me from the back.

 

“Hey baby!” Immediately I recognize its Amber’s voice. I’m guessing she knew what’s happening right now as she’s acting unusually cheesy with me. She gave me a peck on the lips before seating herself the other side.

 

“That night was fun we should definitely do it again.” She winked.

 

“Yeah, it was wild.”

 

Amber began a conversation of ‘that night’ totally ignoring the fuming girl. I played along with her acting all mushy flirting with each other and talking dirty about ‘that night’. Not even ten minutes the fuming girl couldn’t stand it any longer and angrily stomp away knowing that I’m not interested. Once the girl is out of the café we immediately crack up laughing and back to normal.

 

“Did you see her face?” Amber tried so hard to contain her laughter.

 

“Thanks.” I said after finally calm myself down.

 

“No worries, just repay me with ‘that night’ again.” She said and we both crack up laughing again.

 

The ‘that night’ that we were referring to the entire time was actually the night we played Wii at Victoria’s house.

 

 

 

It was the usual Friday party night but this time I didn’t go anywhere but stayed in my house not because I got sick and tired of parties it’s just simply because I caught a flu. That night after work I called Amber telling her that I cannot come, letting her know not to wait for me. She sounded rather disappointed over the phone but I think it was only my imagination.

 

I lay on my bed wrapping myself like a bun with the blanket. I felt weak all over my body and could feel my stomaching growling for food. I was too lazy to cook food or even dial a number for food delivery so I just lay there until my stomach couldn’t take it anymore. I was slowly losing my strength but then the doorbell rang. Whoever is outside my door step kept pressing the doorbell destroying my peace. I couldn’t stand it anymore as whomever outside got no intention of leaving, so I drag my lazy weak body to the door.

 

“Dude you look like crap.” Amber gave a little shock expression.

 

Amber quickly pushes me inside and then she slowly takes out boxes of take away food on the table. Smelling the delicious food I suddenly got recharge, throwing the blanket away I immediately open the take away food and shove them in my mouth without caring my lady-like image. Amber just chuckled seeing the starving me.

 

After emptying all the take away food, my stomach felt much better and seem like my flu has gone too. Amber cleaned all the empty boxes and even made tea to help digest the food since I ate too much. I just can’t help but to stared at her feeling the warmth from the tea.

 

“What’s with the stare? Have you fallen for me?” Amber asked jokingly.

 

The atmosphere was so comfortable that I felt I could just tell her all my secrets.

 

“You know Amber I used to like you for a long time, not the friend type but actual like-like.” I finally said the words that I’ve kept in my heart all these years.

 

She had a second shock but quickly change it back to her normal face.

 

“Maybe because I’m always your best friend and I was afraid to let you know that I like you. Maybe because of you that I became a player.” I chuckled.

 

She didn’t say anything and just stared at me like she’s thinking of what to say. For the first time in my life I felt a little awkward with her. I look away starring at the cup of tea in my hand.

 

Then she just starts laughing. I peel my eyes away from the tea giving her a perplex look not understanding why she’s laughing.

 

“I just think it’s funny because I used to like you too. Not the friend type but actual like-like.”

 

After all these years of being best friends I finally know that we used to have mutual feelings for each other. I felt a sense of sweetness building inside knowing the fact she used to like me not only as friends. That’s true, it is funny. I started laughing too as the two of us missed the chance of being a couple.

 

“Do you still like me?” She asked fairly serious.

 

“I don’t know. Do you?” I answered.

 

“I don’t know.” She shrugs her shoulders.

 

We both stayed silent for a moment before Amber continues to speak.

 

“Maybe we should test if we still do.” She suggested, she reach out taking the cup of tea away from my hands then put it on the coffee table. She moved in closer, her head lean forward and our lips touched. I felt her lips moved, softly my bottom lips and I did the same thing. Although we have kissed many times before but this is our first time taking it further more than just a friendly kiss. I wrap my arms around her neck pulling our heads closer.

 

I don’t know what it’s going to be like if things don’t work out for us but all I know is, at this moment I really do feel like I’m in love with Amber.

------

A/N: I know you all want a part 2 for 'I don't like girls', I can't promise I will write one but when I have the idea, yes I will. Like 'Who do I love' I have started writing a part 2.