My Tragic Story

My Tragic Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My Tragic Story

Cho Kyuhyun

Darkness covers my life ever since that day. I miss her smiles, warm laugh and her innocent eyes. I miss being with her. I miss everything about her. And if she’s still with me right now, everything will be turned out the opposite, but it’s quite impossible.

 

I met her on our first day of school during my sophomore year in college. She is just a normal and typical Korean girl. Her hair is long, dark brown in color and it’s a bit wavy at the end. Her eyes are big and it has the shade the same as her silky hair. She also wears a thick eye glasses that falls at the tip of her nose and she just let her hair loose.

 

“So normal.” I thought.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Park Rina immida,” she shyly introduces herself then smiling awkwardly while bowing slightly at everybody.

 

At that time I first saw her, she was just a normal girl for me. But at the time I already heard her voice; I know by myself that I’ll be attached to that girl.

 

A week had passed since she transferred here in out university. Because of her shyness to everybody, she doesn’t make new friends. When I glance at her every day at the cafeteria, eating alone, I feel pity towards her and my heart sank in depression. That when I decided to approach her and talk to her.

 

“Hi, can I sit beside you?” I asked her politely. She looked flustered at first but then smile at me and said shyly,

“Uh…sure, you can…” as she cleared out a space for me to sit.

“Oh, by the way, Cho Kyuhyun-imnida.” I told her as I held out my hand. She stared at it, hesitantly took it and shook it.

“I’m Park Rina” she mumbled quietly.

 

The moment I walked to her that day, I was having second thoughts but at the time she smiled at me, everything cleared out. The time she took and shook my hand, I know it’s no turning back from being a friend to her.

 

Many days, weeks and months had pass. I become so close to her. We become inseparable with each other. I become her best friend and vice versa. We shared tons of laughter and smiles. When she is sad and feels like she’s going to cry, I always comforted her and lend y shoulders. Being so close to her, I developed a deep feeling for her. All those things I shared with her, all of those are accompanied by love.

 

It’s the night of her birthday; her parents were out of town so I came to her house to accompany her. Although she smiles at e, her sadness was still reflecting on her eyes. My heart crashed at that time because of what she feels. I already love her so much and I can’t take to look at her depressing eyes. Without me knowing, I already pulled her into tight hug.

 

“Oppa…” she innocently said. I closed my eyes and hugged her more tightly. I can’t suppress my feelings for her anymore.

“Don’t hide it anymore to me Rina-yah. I can see your longing to your parents right now and your loneliness because they are not here.” I told her while caressing her smooth hair.

“Oppa, I don’t,” her voice cracked up. I sighed at her stubbornness.

“Cry if you want to. I’ll be here with you always.” I told her. Slowly, warm liquid comes out form her eyes and I can hear sniffles. I pulled her to the sofa to sit and started comforting her.

“My parents…they are always going away when my birthday comes. I-I know, I shouldn’t have hope that I can celebrate y birthday again with them but… I can’t help it!” she said crying harder. I can clearly hear pains and longing in her voice. I felt useless right now. The one that I love is crying in front of me and all I can do is soothing her.

“Oppa…they don’t love me do they?” she asked me. I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. I continue comforting her.

“They don’t…no one loves me. No one wants me! No one cares for me! What’s wrong with me?  Even my parents don’t care for me, my whole family,” she sobbed. I froze. I always know how coldly her parents and her whole family treat her. That maybe the reason why she can’t open up easily to a person.

“Don’t say that…” I said surprise of what comes out from my mouth. She looked at me, completely confused. I met her gaze. This is it! I can’t hold back anymore.

“There is still a person in this world who loves, cares and wants you.” I mumbled at her, staring deeply at her eyes while my hand caressed her face.

“I do care for you. I do love you. And most of all, I do want you to be mine. That’s why don’t think that no one loves you, because I really do. I’m always here for you and I really, really love you.” I told her sincerely. She was surprised by my confession, I can see it.

“Oppa…” she sobbed. I cupped her face lovingly and wiped her tears using my thumbs.

“I will always be with you, I promise.” I mumbled. Then slowly, I leaned in and kissed her lips gently and sweetly.

 

I can never forget how I feel that night. That night we shred our first kiss. That night she told me she loves me too. That night she falls asleep in my tight warm hug while I hummed a lullaby for her. All the great things started from that night. We become official the day after. We spend days happily with one’s comfort. We’ve been together for 8 months. We had fights, I admit, but we quickly resolved these by the end of the day. We got stronger because of these.

 

We are on our way back from our failed date. I was driving and she was sitting next to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter