09

The Little Bumblebee

Kai's cuddles


You glance back at Sehun for a reaction, then at the others around you. They have amused expressions in their faces as if excited as to how this would play out. Even Chanyeol looks ecstatic. You turn back to Sehun, who now has a smirk on his face. You are sure he is going to say something crude, seeing how sinister his face looks. This boy just looks like he's plotting everything evilly, to be brutally honest. Especially when you see how his eyebrows quirk.

But Sehun's action surprises you when he pulls out a hand towards Kai. Now, you watch your boyfriend for his next move. Your eyebrows furrow when Kai clasps his hand, Sehun grinning and your boyfriend adorning a small smile.

"It was fair play," Sehun nods, acknowledging Kai. "I guess I took too long."

Kai shrugs, "Or maybe I'm hotter." You smack his arm because that, you understand.

The tension in the air disappears when you all start laughing. Sehun and Kai let go of their hold. The former glances at the both of you, letting his eyes fall on you as he says sincerely, "Congratulations and I'm glad you're happy."

"Okay, now that's over," Chanyeol claps. You pay attention to him and you see him with a bored expression. You scoff because he was initially so excited and now he's trying to mask it. "Let's continue."

The night passes quickly. Kai is only slightly buzzed while Chanyeol is a little high by the end of it. The others are either goners or totally okay because they didn't drink much. By half past three when the hype has died down, you decide to bring the boys back. You're at least happy to see how the three of you had made new friends by the end of this get-together. It is like all 10 ten boys clicked so well together, despite their little disputes in between and only meeting a few hours prior.

You see Sehun against the couch, his head resting on the cushion and facing the ceiling. He is already dozing off when you tap him gently on the shoulder. "We'll be off now, okay Sehun? Thanks for the invite and I hope we see you in school. All of you."

Sehun nods sleepily and you smile. You walk back to the door where Kai and Chanyeol are waiting for you. Kai immediately holds onto your hand, causing Chanyeol to groan. You chuckle. When all of you are in the car, the two boys fall asleep. Kai is in the passenger seat next to you and Chanyeol is behind. You decide to bring them back to your place. The streets are still busy at this time of night since it is a Friday night and Sehun was staying in the city area. Halfway home, Kai wakes up at a stop light.

You find it adorable when he rubs his right eye sleepily. His face is illuminated by the red light. His features should be drowning in the distracting coloured light but yet you think he looks even more dashing. A tired Kai is always cute. You're caught when Kai turns to the side and sees you staring at him. He grins stupidly and you chuckle softly. Kai leans forward and captures your lips with his. You smile against the kiss.

"Go back to sleep, I'll wake you when we're there," you murmur when the light turns green. You glance at Kai and see him wide awake. He definitely isn't going to nap.

You're lucky Chanyeol is sleeping because he would definitely laugh at the two of you. Kai has his hand intertwined with yours on your lap. The pad of his thumb runs over the back of your palm. He would give you random kisses on the cheek, jaw, neck, lips or even ear. And it's the little surprises like this that keeps you contented and happy throughout the boring ride.

When you have parked Chanyeol's car, you and Kai turn back simultaneously at the sleeping giant in the backseat. His mouth is slightly open. You call out, "Chanyeol, we're here."

The boy blinks open his eyes and you chuckle. The three of you enter your apartment as quickly as possible because of the low amount of energy. You had shooed Chanyeol into the bathroom after preparing his clothes, toothbrush and facial wash. Once he is done, he knocks out on your bed. Next, you push Kai into the toilet. Finished, he climbs onto the bed too. Seems like you have to share the bed tonight.

Once you're changed and washed up, you tiptoe towards the bed. Even though you're pressing onto limbs as you crawl on the bed, the boys don't make any movements because they're too deep in sleep. You get under the blanket, in between Chanyeol and Kai where they had made a spot for you. Kai isn't actually asleep because he immediately swoops you to him as he circles his hand around your waist. You clutch onto his forearm. The boy snuggles his head closer towards you, burying his head into your hair. You can feel his breath hitting your ear.

This time, the both of you are spooning. Chanyeol is on the other side of you, his back facing you. You just hope he doesn't turn in his sleep and end up waking up to you and Kai like this. You feel Kai duck his head, giving you a kiss on the shoulder. You turn your head slightly and you see Kai's face already. His eyes are closed peacefully, trying to go to sleep while his puffy lips are slightly apart. You peck his lips swiftly, wanting to turn away already. But Kai darts forward, claiming your lips in his in a flash with his eyes still closed.

He chuckles softly into the kiss. When he pulls away, he pecks you one last time before resuming to bury his face into your neck. You sigh in content.

That night, you sleep long and well.

 

 

"Hey guys!" You see Jongdae making his way over to the three of you with his girlfriend and a few other boys from that night.

The three of you are sitting on a table in the courtyard, Chanyeol opposite Kai while you sit next to your boyfriend. The three of you turn to the group. Kai nods in acknowledgment while you and Chanyeol wave. The both of you are not very keen on the acting cool trend. They reach the table, Jongdae's girlfriend sitting on the spot next to Chanyeol while Jongdae stands close to her. You smile at the girl.

"I'm finally seeing you in school!" Jongdae exclaims rather excitedly. You laugh at his enthusiasm. "So, what are you guys doing now?"

"Chanyeol, are you playing gooseberry?!" Baekhyun pokes fun at the giant and the latter gives an indignant face. The shorter male laughs brightly and waves his hand, "Kidding!" He glances at you and Kai who are sitting exactly like best friends, no holding of hands, no kissing.

"Waiting for our next class," you inform Jongdae.

"Wanna grab lunch together?" Xiumin proposes. You look at the other two boys who shrug. You beam at the group and they seem happy too.

The three of you join the group and start walking to a nearby restaurant around the premises of the university. Kai doesn't hold your hand, but you have your hand through the small gap between his arm and his body while you hold onto him. You cling onto his arm. Kai starts talking to Baekhyun as you listen. When you guys get a table in a restaurant, Kai leaves his hand on your thigh, occasionally rubbing his thumb on your skin or squeezing your leg.

"No cold noodles, okay?" Kai murmurs to you when he stops chatting and starts browsing the menu. "The weather's already cold." You nod.

In the end, you order soybean paste soup while Kai orders bibimbap. The whole lot of you are chattering as you wait for your food to arrive. Chanyeol has forgotten about you and Kai now that he has new friends. Kai leans in and asking if you want to stay over tonight.

You laugh, hitting his arm. You tell him softly, "I've been staying over at yours so much that I'm beginning to forget how my own place looks! I keep thinking I have two dogs."

"Jjanggu and Monggu love you," Kai blows a raspberry. "Okay," he relents but adds, "Then I'll just stay over at yours!"

"You're unbelievable," you shake your head fondly.

Kai grins at his victory, straightening up again. He hangs his arm around the back of your chair, combing his fingers through your hair as he converses with Xiumin. Lunch passes quickly and soon, all of you are saying goodbyes and rushing off to your next class. Not before you get each other's numbers though. You're sure the boys like them already, too. And it is saying a lot, considering how Kai is always known for only sticking to you guys or being alone. Kai informs you that he'll go over to your place after dropping his things at home and feeding his pets. Chanyeol shakes his head at the both of you but decides to let it go. The three of you part and go off for your classes.

Since your day ends earlier than the others, you reach home around 5:45PM. You choose to cook for dinner, settling on making udon. You start preparing at half past six, after you've taken a shower. The doorbell rings in the middle of preparation and you rush to open the door. Kai pecks you on the lips before inviting himself in. He slips his shoes off and peers down at what you're cooking. He hums, leaving you to your cooking. He goes to the living room and starts watching television.

You shriek when a big chunk of pork splashes into the hot soup, attacking you with hot soup. Kai rushes in, pulling you away from the stove and checking for any cuts or injuries. You laugh at how protective he is being. He narrows his eyes on you, crinkling his nose in dissatisfaction. To appease him, you kiss him on the lips. He grins in response, contented with the kiss.

"Do you wanna eat now?" You ask when you pull away. "It's already ready."

Kai nods, "After we eat, let's do our homework." You give him an appalled look. You've never done homework when Kai is around and vice versa. None of you like wasting the time you have with each other. "Just kidding," Kai chuckles, brushing the hair from your face. "Let's cuddle."

"You know, Kai," you laugh as you prepare bowls of udons. "You don't even look like someone who likes to cuddle. But if people actually know you, you're like a freaking teddy bear."

"I need constant love, sweetheart," Kai grins, taking the bowls from you and setting them on the table. When he sees your teasing face, he adds, "I need constant love from you."

You laugh, walking over to the dining table to sit. You exclaim, "I give you constant love already!"

"I know," Kai says from behind you, pecking your cheek before claiming his own seat opposite of you.

He sets a glass of water in front of you. You eat while bantering, finishing the food in 45 minutes. Kai washes the dishes while you run to your room to wait for him. You're watching a drama when he comes in, throwing himself at you literally. You groan as you topple backwards. The boy merely laughs as he plants his hands beside your head to keep him slightly elevated. He leans down and you feel his nose tracing your skin. You giggle at its itchiness and the fact that Kai is too lazy to use his hands to push your hair out of your face.

"What would I do without you?" Kai murmurs, staring into your eyes.

You groan playfully, "You're so cheesy!"

Kai laughs. He flattens you in a second, laying on top of you. He buries his face into the crook of your neck. As he pushes your hair away from your neck, he leaves a trail of light kisses in his wake. Kai falls to his side and sits up. He leans against the headboard and pulls you up too. When you're sitting up already, he drags you to him. He settles you in between his legs and wraps his legs around yours from the outside. His arms are circled around your waist as you watch TV. He isn't watching the drama, instead, he is watching you and giving you kisses.

This is how Kai cuddles and you don't think you'll ever settle for anything less or anything more.


Author's note:

I know i'm going a bit crazy over the updates but it's only because I'm on holiday... I don't think I'll be able to update often when school starts, so I'm hoping to finish this fic before I go back to school! 

I'm sorry if you're all wriggling and foaming in your mouths because of the fluff..................... hehe

Till next time,
xoxo