ten

The Little Bumblebee

*I will post the PDF file later after I edit the entire story!

Miss you


The weather was a lot colder now. You were over at your first home, visiting your parents. They lived in a province, away from the capital of South Korea. I had to let you go for a few days and it took Chanyeol and Chen to stop me from stalking you there. I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't miss you. In fact, I missed you so much even though I knew you were coming back to me tomorrow.

The boys and I were having a day out to shop. I was wearing a winter coat and a black mask on because the weather was biting cold. I hope you were staying warm there. I've always like pulling the hood of my jackets up to cover my head and this time was no exception. I had the hood of my padded jacket up, the furry outlining of it obscuring my face. It was also safe to say I wasn't in a very good mood to even want to come out of my little cave. I missed you.

"Yah, stop being anti-social," I heard someone complain as he nudged me. It was muffled through the padding, so I couldn't identify who it was that had spoken. But Chanyeol poked his head into my line of vision. "We're supposed to be having fun!"

"Missing my girlfriend isn't fun," I grumbled unhappily.

He blew a raspberry, reaching into my hood and flicking my nose bridge instead of my forehead because he couldn't see my features. "You're hopeless." I scowled.

"You won't know unless you get a girlfriend, Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun's voice was distinct. I nodded in agreement.

"You'll be seeing her tomorrow, Kai," someone else said. "Just bear with it a little longer."

"I can't," I cried, stomping my foot a little. Chanyeol looked surprised that I was acting like this openly in front of a lot of people.

Chanyeol and you, also Taemin, were the only ones to have seen my childish side. I never really showed that side to too many people. I try staying cool normally, being cute wasn't something I wanted to come off as. But the fact that you always treated and cared for me like a child, and that Chanyeol liked to tease and annoy me like his younger brother made me feel a little less cool than I actually think I was. But that was okay. I loved you guys. So it was acceptable.

I heard the boys laughing at my immaturity and I blushed a little. It just came out of me. I realised how dependent I was on you and I wasn't as afraid of it as I should be. I was always a cool and manly boyfriend to you, but it didn't help me in being independent when you were always taking care of me. And truthfully, I liked the feeling. I liked you being concerned for me.

"Then just sit here while we go shop, okay?" Jongdae asked, poking his head into my peripheral vision.

I nodded and he beamed, thumping my padded head like an affectionate brother. We were in a huge clothing store. I followed them up to the men's section and we all dispersed. While the others split into two's and three's, I walked over to the bench and sat. I wasn't trying to be a buzz kill, but I never liked shopping anyway. I was very okay with whatever clothes I had to wear, really. It was only some rare days when I was in the mood, then I would go shopping. And today just wasn't one of those days.

I took out my phone, sighing as I pressed the home button. I straightened when I saw that I had received a text from you. Excitedly, I slid my finger against the screen and unlocked my device.  

miss you
1:36PM

Miss u too sweetheart ;-(
1:42PM

where are you?
1:45PM

In your dreams
1:45PM

you can still flirt even miles away
1:45PM

I chuckled, feeling rather happy now that I was in contact with you. I actually texted you everyday, but the fact that you weren't with me, it . It made me feel a lot more appreciative when I had you by my side, truthfully.

I just miss u A LOT.. When r u coming back, baby? ;-( I'm dying
1:46PM

I'll reach Seoul tomorrow around 7PM
1:47PM

Can't u come back earlier???
1:47PM

what time do you want me to go back?
1:47PM

Tonight?
1:48PM

seriously
1:48PM

Ok fine... the earlier the possible? I'll go pick you up
1:49PM

can we video-call?
1:49PM

I didn't waste any time as I tapped on the video call button. During the past two days when you were there, we usually called each other at night before you slept. This was the first time I was video-calling you. You accepted the call and we were connected on the line. You were smiling to the camera, the backdrop behind you was of the beautiful scenery up a hill. You seemed refreshed and so much prettier. The air there must be part of the reason why you're glowing. And maybe also that you were meeting your parents.

"Where's your face, Kai?" You giggled.

I didn't want to take off my hood, so I brought the phone closer to my face. I even pulled my mask down to my chin. The screen illuminated my countenance. "Hiya, sweetheart," I breathed.

"I miss you," you pouted.

"Miss you more," I admitted.

"I can't wait to go home to you." This sentence made my heart swell. The love I had for you was crazy and the butterflies in my stomach were on a rampage. "I'll take the earliest train back."

"I'll go to the train station to pick you up. Then we'll cuddle."

"Again?" You groaned playfully as though you were really bored of it. "You big baby."

I laughed, making you grin. "I just thought you might wanna sleep after waking up for the earliest train!"

"Alright, alright," you relented. "I wanna snuggle up with my boyfriend too."

I smiled cutely. Then I asked you, "Where are you?"

"Oh!" You brightened at that. You started moving the camera so that I could take in a good view of the scenery. "I'm hiking with my parents! The air here is so fresh, Kai! I really wish you were here..."

I sighed, "I wanna be with you too, you know that. But you should have some personal time with your parents, you know."

"Oh, talking about my parents!" You interrupted. I watched in amusement as you ran happily somewhere. You looked like a little girl with a wide smile on your face. It made me want to protect you. Suddenly, an older woman's face was shown in the screen, next to your face. "Mum, say hi!" 

"Who's this?" Your mother laughed, looking at my face through the screen. I smiled politely back.

"My boyfriend, Kai!" You introduced happily. "He said he wants to come visit the next time." 

"Is that so?" Your mother grinned at me. 

I nodded, "Yes, I wanna see the scenery there!" 

"Or do you just wanna be with my daughter?" She teased and you whined softly at your mother, feeling rather embarrassed. 

I sniggered, "And that too." 

"You should come the next time," Your mother invited warmly. "Then I can see my daughter more, too." 

"If I'm allowed to, then I would love to!" I beamed. 

"I definitely don't mind a bit," she replied. "I'm sure her dad would be fine with it too." 

"Yay!" You jumped up and down happily. "Jongin, I'll bring you to all the nice places and we're gonna take so many pictures and..." You were gushing on and on about the things we were going to do and I was appreciating your radiance even when we were physically apart. 

Suddenly, I felt someone pulling on my hood. I knew it was definitely one of the boys, so I ignored the action. But he just kept continuing. I heard a familiar laugh and it confirmed that it was Jongdae. 

"What game are you playing?" I didn't reply to him because you were showing me the beautiful flowers you found there. I thought you were prettier than they were, but I didn't say anything because you seemed to be speaking at the speed of a bullet train. "We're not getting anything, Kai. Let's go."

I stood up slowly, my eyes still fixed on my phone screen. I was just standing there, until Jongdae poked his head into my hood. I was startled, my eyes were wide as they flew to stare at him. He was grinning that naughty grin that only elves wear. 

"What are you doing?" I hissed, uncomfortable with this. 

You stopped talking. Then you asked, "Are you talking to me?" 

"Are you video calling?" Jongdae asked, trying to peek at my phone. 

"Go away, hyung!" I whined, pushing his shoulders away from me. 

Jongdae backed off but he blew a raspberry, "At least take off your hood so she can see you better." 

"Jongdae oppa's right," you chimed. I glanced back at the screen and I saw you pouting, "I wanna see your face."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. You laughed because I had already pushed my hood down. It felt painful to have bright lights surrounding me now. Jongdae shook his head. He came and forced his head into the camera so that you could see him too. 

"Only you can make him listen," he clucked his tongue. "You're like his mum."

"He's my baby," you cooed. "Of course he listens to me." 

"Hyung, go away!" I groaned, nudging him in the shoulder. 

"Fine, fine," Jongdae finally stayed away. But not before he shouted, "Miss ya, cutie. Come back soon!" 

We talked for a bit longer until the boys were all rounded up. I quickly said bye to you, not wanting the others to hog you. It was obvious that my mood had rapidly risen after talking to you. I wasn't feeling tired anymore and I was even checking out some clothes. I didn't buy anything though. By the time we got back, it was pretty late already. I wanted to sleep early so I could wake up tomorrow to pick you up, but I was too excited. Your train would be arriving at seven in the morning and I only went to sleep at four. 

I moaned, clutching my arms around you tighter. A smile unconsciously slid onto my face when your sweet smell rushed through my veins. I tried to tangle my legs even more with yours. I heard you giggling and I shot my eyes open. My fingers twitched, trying to make sure that I was indeed holding onto you. When I was assured that this wasn't a dream, I flickered my eyes to the clock. It was nine in the morning. 

"Did I oversleep again..." I groaned, letting go of you and throwing myself back onto the bed. 

If my job was to wake up late, I would be promoted to CEO. I was always late for classes and you knew that. But I couldn't believe I slept through my alarm and missed picking you up! I should have been there! I threw my hand at my face and slapped my forehead. I was such an irresponsible boyfriend! 

"Hey, hey," your voice was soft and like a lullaby. "It's okay, I knew you'd oversleep, anyway. I called a cab." 

"I'm so irresponsible," I cried into my hand. 

"It's okay―"

"No, it's not!" I shouted. "I should've been there to pick―"

I was interrupted but you hugging my waist from the side, your head on my chest. You even hooked your legs with mine on your own accord. "Can we go back to sleep? I miss cuddling to sleep with you." 

I was silent for a moment, confused. I asked softly, "Aren't you mad at me?" 

You shook your head, looking up at me. You kissed my chin and smiled at me. You told me, "I texted you when I was in the train but you didn't reply. So I knew you wouldn't be able to wake up. I called a cab and got here as fast as I could. The first thing I did was jump into bed and snuggle up with you. I even wore sweats before I left home so I didn't have to change out of my clothes." I looked down at your outfit and I saw that you were right. "Now can we go back to sleep, Jongin?" 

I sighed, looking into your eyes with a sorry look, "Forgive me?" 

You nodded, "Of course." 

I ducked my head as I carressed your back. I captured your lips and let out a contented sigh. I missed your lips. I missed you. Our lips locked and our tongues danced. We were rolled around so that I was now on top of you. I pulled away from the kiss, immediately dropping my body on you. I hid my face into the crook of your neck. You giggled as you ran your hand through my hair. 

"I missed you," I murmured, finishing the sentence with a kiss to your neck. 

You hummed, twirling your finger around a strand of my hair. "I missed you too." 

 

 

It was already spring and the weather was warm and nice. Some girl was talking to me again and I had forgotten how boring girl talk could be. I had been so wrapped around you that I basically ran from my classes to look for you all the time. Girls didn't have the time to talk to me. But today, you told me that you were coming to look for me instead. I had insisted on going to look for you but you said you wanted to be the one picking me up this time. 

This girl was talking about her cousin's experience riding a horse and I was bored out of my mind. I was staring at her with my half-lidded eyes and hands in my pockets. My left arm was propped against the wall to keep me standing upright. When are you going to come? Just when I thought that, I turned my head to the side, almost as if a compelling force made me do it. The first thing―or person―I locked my eyes on was you walking towards me. Your cheeks burned and I thought the pink blush complemented your skin. 

I had totally forgotten about the previous girl, I didn't even realise that she had stopped speaking. I pushed myself away from the wall and walked over to you, the need to engulf you in my arms getting stronger with every step closer. You frowned at me, flicking your eyes to something―or someone―behind me. Oh, right! The girl! I widened my eyes, stopping and turning around to wave at the girl who had open. 

"We'll talk next time, my girlfriend's here! Sorry!" I bowed a little, showing my sincerity in the apology. 

I felt your arm brushing against mine as you apologised too, "Sorry he's so rude." The girl blinked owlishly, then broke into a smile. She shook her head, telling us it was alright. We smiled at her as she waved to us. We started walking away and you smacked my arm, "Yah, that was very rude."

I darted my eyes around the place, acting as if what I was going to say was top secret. I hissed, "She was boring me!" You were giving me a look that said you weren't amused and I grinned, pushing your hair off your shoulder. "Besides," I sweet-talked. "I was too excited to see my girlfriend."

You rolled your eyes, but the smile on your face told me that you forgave me. You came closer and hugged my arm. Even though we were now showing more affection in public, we still kept up with holding hands outside of school and lesser of that in when we were in school. You seemed to like hugging my arm anyway, so I was okay with it. 

I pushed your head closer to me and kissed your head quickly. You were smiling a little and it made me happy to see you happy. We were walking a little more when you were ripped apart from me. You made a strangled noise and I was scared for a moment. Until I saw Chanyeol's arms around your neck, I quickly slapped his arm that was closer to me. I knew it hurt because even my palm was stinging. You were sniggering, your gleefulness feeding off Chanyeol's pain. He had stopped walking to rub and cry about his hand. I pulled you closer to me by the shoulders and left Chanyeol. I heard him scurrying to catch up with us. We saw a huge group of people walking our way and I knew it was the others.

"Don't touch her!!!!!" Chanyeol shouted, putting his arm out to stop Jongdae's girlfriend to greet you. Everyone stared at him like he was crazy. He fake sobbed, "Her boyfriend hits people."

"Yah, that's because you threw yourself at her!" I rolled my eyes and enunciated, "Literally."

The others laughed and Chanyeol was scowling. I let go of your shoulders and you joined the girls. Sehun came to walk next to me and immediately started talking to me about Tao's new dog. I glanced at you and caught you looking at me with a smile on your face. I didn't catch Sehun glancing at our interaction as I smiled stupidly at you.

"Excited, bro?" Sehun asked.

"Yup," I nodded distractedly, biting my lip. "Can't wait." 

 

 

I had my head turned up towards the sun. I was stretched out on the sand, my arms were propping me up from behind. My sunbath was interrupted by someone next to me, their breathing was fast and their kneecaps were touching me. I lolled my head to the side and opened an eye lazily. You were grinning happily at me. I laughed at how happy you looked. It was contagious. I brought my hand up to smooth your hair. 

"Can I bury you in sand?" You asked, almost jumping at every word. You were shining right now and if there was anything or anyone here that was brighter than you, it would have been the sun. I sighed, nodding because I couldn't say no to you. You beamed at me as a reward and you began pushing sand to cover me up. "Stay still!" You warned.

I held onto your hair as your hands went to work. You smiled at my thoughtfulness. My back of my finger was smoothing your skin and you were humming, both of us obviously in a good mood. Chanyeol joined you and I groaned, not really liking this. But you seemed so ecstatic that I felt like I would be sent to hell if I stopped you. So you guys went on to cover my lower body with sand. You placed your hands on my shoulders and tried to push me to lie down gently. I gave you a stern gaze but you gave me such a vibrant smile that I felt myself crumbling. I sighed, finally lying down. You and Chanyeol were giggling. 

By the time you guys were done, I was only a head in the sand. You were taking a lot of selcas with me and even though I didn't like it that I probably looked stupid, your joy and happiness was infecting me. Chanyeol was nice enough to let us have our own fair share of couple pictures before joining the group shot.

"Can I get out now?" I grunted, feeling slightly itchy everywhere. You rolled your eyes playfully and nodded. I immediately sat up, letting the sand fall off my body. "Ugh," I glanced down at my sand-covered body. I looked at you both, "You're coming into the water with me." 

"No!!!" You screamed as you tried to run away. You were still dry, whereas Chanyeol had already taken a dip into the water. 

I swooped you off your feet literally, before you could get even farther from me. I threw you over my shoulder and you were giggling, dizzy from being upside down. I grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and he willingly let me drag him into the water. I flung Chanyeol into the water and immediately dove into the sea as well. Your scream got cut off as we entered the medium. I pressed you even closer to me, not wanting to lose you. I stared at you, your hair swimming behind you. You looked beautiful, like a mermaid from that Disney movie. 

I closed my eyes and brought my face closer to yours. One of my hand was at the back of your head. Our lips met. Your lips were warm and soft. My lips parted to mold perfectly into yours. My heart was pounding and in the silence of the water, I could only hear that. Your hands were around my neck, pulling me closer as you tilted your head to kiss me deeper. Your hands were forceful on my neck and that was when I knew that you were out of breath. Quickly, I wrapped protective arms around your body and emerged out of the water. We hadn't broken the kiss.

I had expected you to break it though, when we were out of the water. But you only pressed yourself closer onto me, wrapping your legs around me tighter. I smiled, enjoying the sweet kiss. This was something I could check off my bucket list―kissing underwater. And I was glad that I did it with you. I hoped for more first times with you. 

"That was a good shot!!!" I heard Xiumin's distinct voice yell.

You pulled away, resting your temple on my forehead as you looked at the others on the shore. I was only staring at you. You were breathing hard, trying to keep up with your lack of breath. When your breathing was finally back to normal, you let go off me. I took hold of your hand, guiding you back to the sandy area. Once we were getting closer, you broke away from me and ran to the whole group of them who were staring at a DSLR camera. You stood next to Jongdae, who was holding the camera. They all looked up from the camera and I saw them smile naughtily at you. I knew what was happening already.

"I'll send this to you," Jongdae teased, showing you the camera as I got to you. 

I hugged you from behind, resting my chin on your shoulder. Our cheeks were touching as we leant in to view the screen. There was a picture of you and I in the picture. The background was beautiful, but what was even more stunning was that he had caught that short moment when we were lip-locking. My arms were strongly around yours and your arms were around my neck. Our waist down were hidden in the water though. I felt your cheeks burn against mine and the others started teasing you. 

"Stop making her go red!" Sehun's girlfriend of three months laughed. 

Everyone listened well and they left slowly. Jongdae was going through the other captures until everyone except us were gone. He looked up, giving you a sweet smile. I felt good knowing that so many people liked you (not romantically, of course).

You murmured to Jongdae, "Send them to me, please?" 

He knew you were referring to the pictures. He chuckled, rubbing the top of your head. "Of course, cutie." 

Jongdae walked away and I turned my head to peck you on your jaw. "Keeping it as our wedding picture?" Your cheeks flamed and your eyes bulged. I chuckled, kissing you on the cheek this time. "Kidding, cutie."

We split up again as I went to play frisbee with some of the guys. You were playing volleyball. The sun was setting and we were all getting tired. All of us gathered to rest for the day after getting some food. Tao and I were assigned to get food together. After that, we settled comfortably in our spots and for me, it was next to you. I was laying down with my head on your lap, just like the last time we were at the beach. You were feeding me fries when some of the boys started whispering and gushing. 

"Hot girl at 3 o'clock," Chanyeol passed on the message.

The both of us turned to the direction and it must have been awkward for the girls we were looking at. There were so many eyes on them. They were pretty and their bodies were amazing. I was a guy and I definitely knew how to appreciate girls. But I didn't feel anything when I looked at them. My heartbeat felt dead and I felt bored. Whereas when I looked at you, you always knew how to make my heart thump like crazy and to make the air around us spark with energy. I was staring at you now, uninterested in the girls. You were blushing and squirming as though just looking at the girls in bikinis made you uncomfortable. 

"Cute," I smiled to myself. 

You snapped your head to glare at me. But when you saw that I was looking at you, your gaze softened and the tips of your ears went red. I smirked, flicking your chin affectionately with my finger. You crinkled your nose at me as though you were annoyed. But I knew you were happy and contented because I was, too. 

 

 

"I swear, these ungrateful kids have forgotten who their real owner is," I grumbled when my dogs bounded towards you the moment you stepped into the apartment. 

You chuckled, turning to peck me on the lips, "Don't be jealous, you know I'll never forget who my boyfriend is." 

"You'd better," I mumbled, making you laugh. 

You entered the bathroom to take a quick shower while I tickled Jjanggu's tummy and petted Monggu. It was safe to say that the three of us were patiently waiting for you to come out. You were soon done and you called out my name. I jumped up, making my way over to the toilet. You were just walking out of the bathroom when I passed you by. Leaning in, I stole a kiss from your lips before closing the door. I could hear you giggling. 

I quickly showered, wanting to spend more time with you. I dried my hair with force, in hopes of making it drier. When I thought I was good to go, I left the bathroom and walked towards the bed. But I stopped when I saw my two dogs snuggling up with you all over my side of the bed. I felt a frown being expressed on my countenance. I crawled on the bed while shooing my dogs away from you. I couldn't believe I was being this jealous. Over my dogs. 

They fled to the floor and I growled at them, "She's mine!" They gave me that pitiful look but I had been used to it for as long as I had these brats. I pointed a stern finger at them, "Get your own girlfriends." 

You were gurgling with laughter and I thought you were really cute. I harrumphed, laying on my reclaimed side of the bed. As I brought my hand up to your cheek, I hooked my right leg with your left. Your smile was beautiful and it made me feel so proud that I had you as my girlfriend. I smoothed your cheek with the pad of my thumb. 

"Mine," I murmured tenderly.


Author's note:

Thank you to have come so far with me! I really appreciate it. Thank you for reading and liking my fic, I hope it made you love Kai a lot more as I do now.. And if you really like this, please upvote! If not, it's also fine haha. 

I'll think about writing more Kai-centered fics but I really want to focus on my two ongoing fics now.. I'll probably do one shots though, that's not so harsh on my stupid brain haha. so yea, i'll think about making another kai fic which would be longer. ^^

See you around
xoxo