10

The Little Bumblebee

Just like The First Time


You watch Kai leaning against the wall, talking to some girl you don't know. His hands are in his pockets and he looks bored. He probably is. You chuckle, shaking your head. The girl is trying hard as she talks with animated expressions and gestures. Maybe you should have hurried here to save Kai from being bored out of his mind. As if sensing your presence, the said boy turns his head and looks straight at you. You feel self-conscious as your cheeks turn red. The girl that Kai is entertaining stops talking to take a look at who he is staring at too. 

Forgetting about the lady, Kai pushes himself off the wall and strides over to you. The girl drops her jaw in shock. You give Kai a stern look before darting your eyes behind him, telling him to do something. He widens his eyes, realising how rude he must have been. He stops and turns around, waving to the girl. 

"We'll talk next time, my girlfriend's here! Sorry!" Kai apologises, ducking his head a little. 

"Sorry he's so rude," you apologise too when you're next to him. The girl blinks in surprise. Just when you think she's going to act like a , she smiles and waves to the both of you as a goodbye after shaking her head. You and Kai walk away while you hit his arm, "Yah, that was very rude." 

Kai turns side to side as if keeping an eye out from someone listening. He whispers viciously, "She was boring me!" Then he smiles, pushing your hair off your shoulder, "Besides, I was too excited to see my girlfriend." 

You roll your eyes at his cheesiness but go closer to him. You cling onto his arm. Hugging his arm is something you do in school. When you're outside, you hold hands with him. Kai seems more comfortable with this arrangement, so you go with it. You know he doesn't  like holding hands in school. Kai uses his other hand to push your head towards him. He kisses your head and pulls back quickly. A tiny smile plays on your lips, knowing how he doesn't like skinship and yet still does it with you. 

A force is thrown onto you from behind and you immediately know it's Chanyeol. Before you could even open your mouth to scold him, Kai smacks the giant on the arm hard. You laugh when Chanyeol rubs his arm while wincing. Serves him right! Kai wraps an arm around your shoulders protectively and walks away from Chanyeol. The older boy quickens his pace to catch up. The three of you meet the others in the middle and all of you leave together. 

"Don't touch her!!!!!" Chanyeol yells when Jongdae's girlfriend comes up to you. All of you look at Chanyeol with judging eyes. He fake sobs, "Her boyfriend hits people." 

"Yah, that's because you threw yourself at her!" Kai explains, rolling his eyes. "Literally." 

The other boys laugh. Kai lets go off your shoulders and lets you join the girlfriend group. Jongdae's girlfriend, Suho's girlfriend, Baekhyun's girlfriend and Sehun's girlfriend are clustered together. Jongdae's girlfriend pulls you to the group. You glance back and see Kai and Sehun in a conversation and you smile. Your group is big but you don't mind. Even though you like it just you, Kai and Chanyeol, this huge group is pretty cozy too. 

"Are you excited?" Jongdae's girlfriend squeals, shaking your arm. 

"It's only the beach, babe," Baekhyun's girlfriend rolls her eyes playfully. 

Sehun's girlfriend hits her arm. You chuckle and nod, "Yeah, I think it's gonna be fun with all of us." 

 

 

Kai is sitting on sand with his legs stretched out. He is basking in the sun, his hands propping him up behind him. His eyes are closed peacefully. You skid to the boy, kneeling next to him. Your kneecaps are just touching the outside of his thigh. He opens an eye lazily. You grin stupidly at him and he laughs. Kai caresses your head affectionately.

"Can I bury you in sand?" You ask excitedly, your eyes sparkly and bright. Kai scans your face for a bit longer being sighing and nodding. You beam at him, your hands already going to work. "Stay still!"

You push all the sand around Kai's legs towards him. Kai watches you, holding your hair to one side so it doesn't block your eyesight. Chanyeol runs to you guys and joins the burial. Kai groans. When the sand is covering up to his hips, you push your boyfriend gently to lie down. He gives you a look that says 'You're gonna get it' but you shoot him your brightest smile. He sighs in defeat. You and Chanyeol snigger.

By the end of it all, Kai is just a head jutting from the sand. It is fortunate that Kai has a handsome face because otherwise you swear you would scream murder. You take a lot of pictures as you laugh at how Kai looks. You even take selcas with him, bending your body so your head is close to his. In one, you have a wide grin while Kai has a scowl, in another, you are kissing him on the cheek and Kai is looking shocked, in another, you are grinning while Kai is kissing you on the cheek (his jawline in all it's glory). But your favourite is the one where the both of you are smiling wide. None of you forgets Chanyeol and the three of you take a lot more pictures.

"Can I get out now?" Kai pleads. Seeing how devastated he looks, you let him. He immediately sits up, allowing all the hard work you and Chanyeol did go to waste. "Ugh," he groans, looking down at his sand covered abs. He fixes a determined look on you and Chanyeol, "You're coming into the water with me."

"No!!!" You scream as you try to get away.

But Kai is already hugging your waist with one arm, making you squeal and giggle as he carries you. Chanyeol doesn't put up as much of a fight as you since he's been into the water already. With you over his shoulder and Chanyeol's wrist in his hand, Kai dives into the water. Your scream gets cut off by the sea.

In the silence of the water around you, you hear how fast and hard your heart is beating when you register Kai's arms around your waist and his toned chest against yours. Kai's face is right in front of you. He blinks once and twice before closing them. You do the same as each of your faces inch closer to each other. You feel Kai's warm lips on yours. It's a weird sensation because it is underwater but it still makes your heart pound crazily. Your arms are wrapped around his neck, pulling him in closer.

Just before you choke on water, Kai brings the both of you out of the water. You know you should break the kiss to take a deep breath, but you end up deepening the kiss. Kai smiles against your lips. You only pull away when you hear someone's yell.

"That was a good shot!!!" Xiumin points to Jongdae's DSLR camera.

The both of you quickly get out of the water when you see a group of people flocking around Jongdae to look at the camera. You wanna see the picture too. You leave Kai as you run to the group ahead of him. They glance up and shoot you cheeky smiles. You furrow your eyebrows. Why are they looking at you like that? Jongdae holds out his camera, grinning widely.

"I'll send this to you," he teases.

Kai has reached you as he presses his body to your back, resting his chin on your shoulder. The both of you lean in closer to the screen. You see a picture of Kai hugging your waist and your arms around his neck. Jongdae had captured the beautiful moment when you and Kai's lips are locked in a kiss. You immediately blush red. The others start wolf whistling and whooping.

"Stop making her go red!" Sehun's girlfriend says even though she's laughing too.

Eventually, the group starts dispersing, wanting to maximise their time at the beach. Kai is still behind you. Jongdae looks up at both of you, giving you a sweet smile. You like him best out of all the other boys now because he comes off most as an older brother.

You murmur softly, "Send them to me, please?"

Jongdae chuckles, ruffling your hair, "Of course, cutie."

 

 

You're all sitting together with several mats joined to create a huge mat. Kai has his head on your lap, his hair tickling you. Some boys had walked to different parts of the beach to get dinner. They mostly got fast food but none of you complain though, because you're all hungry. You're feeding Kai some fries when the boys start whispering fervently. 

"Hot girl at 3 o'oclock," Chanyeol relays. 

Immediately, you and Kai turn to the said direction. You guys try not to make it so obvious but it's difficult when there's so many of you. The girl is with her friends and they're all pretty cute. But only clad in bikinis, they look hot. You almost blush at the amount of skin they're showing. You're wearing a two piece too, but you have an oversized tanktop to cover yourself. Besides, Kai would never allow you to show so much skin. If he did, it would probably only be for him to see. You start fidgeting slightly.

"Cute," you hear Kai murmur. 

You turn your head so fast that you think it might have snapped, glaring at Kai. But your gaze soften and your ears are red because Kai is staring straight at you and you only with adoring eyes. He smirks, reaching up to flick your chin affectionately. The others don't catch your interaction because they are either too busy staring at girls or eating. You wrinkle your nose at him. He doesn't retaliate, closing his eyes instead. You roll your eyes. 

The sky is already pretty dark when you're all packed and ready to go. You hug everyone, thanking them for the wonderful time together. The boys clap each other on the backs. You, Chanyeol and Kai part from them. Kai drove his car so he's going to drive Chanyeol home. You're pretty sure you're staying over at Kai's or the other way round. Coming to think of it, you don't think you've stayed in your own apartment for more than a day alone ever since you and Kai have gotten together. You're still not complaining. 

"Bye, Yeolie!" You wave when Chanyeol leaves the car. He chuckles, shaking his head as he says bye too. You're too enthusiastic because you had such a great day. The boys are not annoyed by it, fortunately. 

Kai starts driving to his place and you immediately know that you'll be staying over at his place. The moment you step into the apartment, the two dogs bound towards you. You shoo them off, wanting to take a shower before you can play with them. They run to Kai. You already have your own toothbrush, your own shampoo and facial wash permanently here in his bathroom. You pass by Kai as you leave the steamy bathroom while he enters. He gives you a chaste kiss on the lips before he shuts the door. 

You lay on the bed and pat the spot next to you. The poodles jump up onto the mattress at once. They settle themselves comfortably close to you, taking up Kai's spot on the bed. Monggu has its head on your side as you rub Janggu's belly. They're having the time of their lives until their owner steps out of the bathroom. Kai halts midstep when he sees that his place beside you is taken up by his dogs. He gets his act back together, climbing onto the bed on all fours while chasing his dogs away. 

"She's mine!" Is that a growl? You almost expect your boyfriend to start barking. Kai points sternly at his pets when they're sitting obediently by the bed with those remorseful expressions that dogs do to make you guilty. But Kai isn't fazed as he chastises, "Get your own girlfriends." You laugh wholeheartedly. Kai hmphs and lays close to you. He looks at you with love as he rubs your cheek gently with his thumb. "Mine," he murmurs softly. 


Author's note:

This is the last chapter of your POV. The next 10 will be from Kai's POV... I hope I don't lose inspiration OTL

Till next time
xoxo