Part 1

Nothing Like Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“A girl and a boy could never be best friends without developing feelings somewhere along the line… When that happens, someone will surely have their heart broken.. And when that time comes, strangers is the only word you can think of when someone mention about the other person”

I read the novel’s prologue out loud while lying on Jiyong’s bed. This boy needs help with his obsession towards the colour gold. His bedroom is turning into a pimp’s bedroom and he doesn’t even realize it. Seriously Jiyong? gold bed sheet? How royal do you think you are? I roll my eyes before continuing with the novel.

“Bull” I heard him mumbles at his desk. Still immersed with finishing his assignments. I swear to god that some lecturers’ goals are not to educate their students but to kill us with weekly assignments.

“Why so?” laying on my belly now. His gold sheet is smooth as by the way, just like the owner among the vain-lowIQ es in our campus.

“Uhh, dude, that’s so cliché… must it always ends that way?”  

His face is one of the reasons why those hoes voluntarily spread their legs for him. I would’ve sanitize my whole body.. No, scratch that, I wouldn’t even lie on his bed if he ever bring those girls back here. Thank god, he still have that little sanity left to not bring syphilis back home. But what I respect most about him is, even though he has this chances to all those es, he doesn’t, because he said he has standards *snort* though it doesn’t stop him from having fun with them. I pity those girls, because he will be leaving them so thirsty that they end up sleeping with whoever.

“No. But usually it does..”

“Really? Do you know anyone who has been in that situation?”

“No..”

“Then you can’t assume it’s usually like that”

“Yeah, but in movies…”

“Doesn’t count”

“This book also…”

“Not legit. It’s fiction” he still hasn’t lift his head when speaking to me.

“This is not fiction you dumb .. This is romance…” I know what he means but I just love teasing him.

See, him and I have been best friend for as long as I can remember. Neighbours since we were in diapers. Our room equipped with balcony that is also opposite to each other and the balcony is our entrance to each other’s room. How? By using tree branches that grow strategically across these two villas. Mother Nature has its own ways. Our families are aware of our relationship and not bothered by the fact that us two are opposite gender. That is why they are not shocked of seeing our faces in each other’s room. We’re not doing anything dirty if you must know you bunch of erts. Just hanging out but we always texts before we barged in for heads up since the incident where he almost see my glorious body when I had just stepped out from the bathroom. It was two years ago and I still remember the look on his face. Okay, . That was embarrassing. Enough! *heavy breathing*

So, we spend most of our time chit chatting from the balcony. We talked till dawn, just sharing, venting, whatever, it has been our routine.. Our thing. The balcony is our thing. The balconies have been the witness to our stories and if it have ears and mouth it would’ve told us to shut the hell up already. We went to the same school but different classes since kindergarten till college. I’m not bragging or anything, but we’re born smart. Seriously, but he’s just lazy. That’s why I manage to enter top classes and he doesn’t and at the end of the day I’m the one who will suffer helping him doing his assignments.

Although Jiyong is a man but he got lots of qualities as being my best friends. He looks after me. I mean really look out for me, sometimes it’s suffocating. He never judge me and I don’t too. He always knows what to do to cheer me up and most importantly, he’s always there for me. In good, in bad, in sickness and in health. LOL. But seriously. If a girl wants to be with him, I want nothing less for him. She must be someone that passes my requirements for him. A girl who can cook spicy beef stew like his mom because it’s his favourite food, who cleans well as he is an obsessive compulsive idiot who can’t stand dusty area, who can make him laugh and laugh at his stupid jokes, tell him when he is not funny and look stupid when he wears that Pharell’s hat, can stand accompanying him for hours to shop and give an honest opinion about his hair more so when he dye his hair yellow and part it in the middle resembling an egg sushi. That’s only some of the passing requirements.

We speak the same language, that is why we clicked almost immediately. No, not Korean, not English too. No! not Japanese, urgh.. I know I’m bilingual but I’m not talking about that language. I meant fashion. We have the same taste for fashion. I’m speaking, Chanel, Burberry, Tom Ford, Chrome Hearts, Kye just to name a few. Oh, I haven’t mentioned that we’re known as the fashionistas on campus. It’s not only fashion but music, food and we don’t have to say what’s on our mind because we think alike.

You may think that we stuck like Siamese twins on campus right? No man. He has his own clique and I have my own. We socialize really well with others okay. We are kind of popular in campus. Well, Jiyong with his saesangs and me with my stylish and awesome personality. People said we’re like Bonnie and Clyde but people are annoying because of this wrong assumption. To be called as Bonnie and Clyde, you have to be lovers, no? we’re not an idiot, there are lots of rumours going around about us saying that we’re friends with benefit, we’re secret lovers whom are okay with open relationship and the most funny one, our parents have put us to arranged marriage. We don’t give a anyway, we never deny anything, and only our close friends know what we really are. Yeah, close friends. I have Minzy, he has Seungri. That is the only close friends we have, the rest is just friends during fun times who doesn’t give a on what happened to us and only shows up during party.

“What is it this time?” he use that lazy tone indicating he’s not in the mood to entertain me.

“I need to shop for that new jacket I told you about” Seriously, that Givenchy studded leather jacket is a must to me, I don’t know when I’m going to wear that, but it is essential for me to have it.

“I’m busy”

“With what?” I know with assignment but what else?

“This.. You blind?” Jiyong looks stressed out.

“Man.. come on! I need to buy the jacket before it out of stock!” I move next to him and lean on his desk filled with his so called “arts” which looks like crap to me. Graffiti he made with sharpies.

Jiyong snort “Dude, the kind of clothes you’re buying will never go out of stock… I mean you’re the only girl in Seoul who dresses like that”

There you go. A punch on your arm. It’s a joy seeing him hissed in pain.

I know I don’t dress like normal girls, but who cares. I dress as I like. It doesn’t kill anyone if I choose sweatshirt over baby-t, sneakers over high heels, skinny ripped jeans over miniskirts or food over makeup any day. Though that doesn’t mean I’m not into that stuff, I have some moments where I will doll up and look pretty but I prefer being comfortable on most days. Oh come on… I’m not a tomboy *rollseyes* that’s so cliché of you to think of it that way just because my best friend is a boy and most of the times I hang out with dudes more than girls but I’m very much lady like in my own ways. First time I wore make up and skirts was when I was 14 and Jiyong almost die because of choking due to too much laughter. Little by little, I start practicing and nailed it when we both fell in love with fashion. I can make boys fall on their knees if I want to when I prettify myself. Jiyong is the one who will get headache asking me to ‘pull your skirt down!’ ‘your eyeliner is over!’ ‘take my jacket and cover up!’ lol.

“Dude, I finished this…” he is stressing over Miss Haejin’s assignments? We have several classes together and as I recall this are due tomorrow? Typical Jiyong.

“Damn it! Yaa! I asked you just now on the way back home… you said you haven’t…”

“You asked me whether I submitted this… I said I haven’t.. Get your facts straight…”

“Whatever, now let me copy your assignment so I can finish this and we’ll go uptown”

“It’s in my bag” if he wants to copy, go for it but he has to go and get it himself.

“Go and take it” I look at him and smirk while making my way to his royal bed.

“You know damn well what to do Ji..” seriously, his bed is much more comfortable than mine.

“Damn it, where is your bag?!” ahh, it’s always good to win over him.

“Usual place…”

I heard disses behind my back and hide my chuckles. I can hear the sound of the branches and leaves brushing together and few minutes later he’s back.

“Found it?”

“Mmmhmmm…” he is staring at me.

“What?”

What’s wrong with him looking at me like that? “What?” maybe he doesn’t heard me the first time.

“Nothing…” he is hesitating upo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter