XI. Chapter 10

Idolsitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XI. Chapter 10

Still in his office room, Kim Sunggyu were checking reports from all divisions in his company while he had been away. It turned out that more than fifty percent of the employees had been lazy as their boss couldn’t supervise them. The reports showed that the rate of being late was much higher. They have understimated the overdue contract. Marketing division didn’t follow their plan properly. As a result, tracking graphic gave such a pathetic decreasing  in every aspect.

Behind his bright smile, the dark shadow was growing. His smile didn’t reflect happiness. Instead, it’s a deadly warning smile. Jang Dongwoo showered in cold sweat. It was his fault because he’s been too kind. He couldn’t force nor got angry at the employees. Sunggyu trusted him to supervise and took care of the company, yet the result was decreasing in every sector.

“Jang Dongwoo, what’s wrong with this?” Sunggyu asked his best friend who worked as his secretary.

The young man only smiled in cold sweat. Laughing awkwardly. “Actually, I didn’t realize they were neglecting their work this much.”

Sunggyu was angry. Holding back his anger behind his smile was a normal thing. Scolding Dongwoo wouldn’t change the results. He let out a long sigh, massaging his temple. He didn’t know whether he should cry or laugh being stressed out after babysitting the idol, he had to scold his employees due to their bad attitude or tell them to reflect by cutting their wage through re-planning? Renewing the contracts?

 It’s almost spring! Although the weather was still a bit cold, it’s getting much warmer and people were waiting for new products for spring yet his company wasn’t ready to do promotion in three days. In the end, he laughed like a crazy person, scaring Dongwoo who was standing before him.

“Su-Sunggyu hyung… Sorry.”

“Apology doesn’t change anything, Dongwoo..” He put down the reports, leaning his back to the back rest while closing his eyes. “Dongwoo, tell all the managers to meet me in the meeting room 1. Now!”

Once Dongwoo heard “now”, he got out and ran around telling them in person. Kim Sunggyu checked Nam Woohyun’s schedule. That idol only had recording schedule in the evening. He didn’t know if he could finish his job before that, so he called his Dad.

“Hello, Sunggyu?”

“Dad, if Woohyun has to be in the recording room on time, I don’t need to be there either, right?”

That sudden question made his Dad frowned. “Why?” In flat tone, Sunggyu replied, “I have so much work today. Don’t know if I can take him to Woolim.”

His Dad blinked a few times. “Didn’t you tell them you’re away for two months?” Sunggyu sighed. “I just saw the reports while I was away. It’s pathetic. I have to handle it properly before spring started.”

“But Woohyun is a trouble maker! If he doesn’t show up to work, it’s your responsibility.” Junghyo started to nag. “He is always acting like that, isn’t he? His past manager gave up on him due to his bad manner,” replied Sunggyu.

“You already knew that yet you try to leave him too? I have entrusted you to handle Woohyun, son.”

For a while, Sunggyu was silent. “It’s hard to change someone’s personality unless he realizes it by himself.”

“Despite his bad attitude, he’s very talented and professional in front of camera.”

Sunggyu raised his eyebrow. “I see. I’ll try to make him go to Woolim although I can’t go.”

“Don’t dissapoint me, Sunggyu. You should make Woohyun come half an hour before his schedule. No matter what.” After that, he hung up.

Hmm… Professional in front of camera? Talented? Sunggyu knew that. But, his Dad entrusted him to handle Woohyun? Now he’s afraid his Dad would make him as Woohyun’s manager until that rascal had his attitude fixed.

An hour later, all managers were sitting nervously. Their CEO, Kim Sunggyu already sat without smile. Everyone in the room knew that he’s angry. The meeting was led by Sunggyu and it ended in two hours. The result was that, they had to re-do almost everything in two days because of the bad marketing and unsatisfying products commercial.

Then they all had to work overtime hurriedly. Before that, he sent a message to Woohyun.

“Go to Woolim recording room before 8pm by yourself. I can’t go.”

The idol received it while he’s playing on his phone. Frowned, he tried to call Sunggyu. The temporary manager wouldn’t pick up no matter how much he texted and called. Woohyun was wondering how could his manager be so careless.

His former managers wouldn’t do that. They were anxious that he would escape from his schedule.This was the first time he got freedom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter