Chapter 1 : Sulli's 11th Birthday.

Definitely Not Your's


 

Sulli's 11th Birhtday.

 

"Sulli," My lips curved upwards hearing the soft and melodic voice coming from someone. "Sullii." The voice sounded like it was singing for me a lullaby. "Sulliii." My heart feels the warmness of the voice that whispers to my ears. My eyes closed calmly as I hear it sings to me the melody but it stayed silent for a few moments. Until...

"YAH, SLEEPY HEAD! GET UP!" The brat ruined it.

"Urghh.." I groaned at the annoying voice coming from the brat, "can't you let me stay in peace for just a while!!"

I nagged early in the morning as he just shrugged, making his way towards the cusion that was on the corner of my room. 

"Your mom told me to wake you up. And, I did! So, it's not my fault that you had to be annoyed about my beautiful voice. Although, I don't see the reason for you to get mad about my voice since it's absolutely 'beautiful'. But, you're called the 'Nagging Halmeoni' for a reason anyways." He babbled on, crossing his legs as he grabbed a magazine from my study desk pretending to be interested of the fashion articles. 

I throw him one of my glare that is very popular around his atmosphere, "Shut up, brat!"

He stopped his attention on the magazine and peeked at me as I poke my tongue out. 

"Tch. You know, you should stop talking and get your teeth brushed with plenty of toothpaste because your breath stink!" He said, pinching his nose as he stick his tongue out.

I pull back my tongue and looked at him with a frown, my hands forming into a fist. "GET OUT! YOU BRAT!!"

 

- - - 

 

After getting dressed prettily, I checked myself out on my mirror and did some few poses like a model. "I look pretty today!"

I giggled to myself before walking out of my room after confirming myself that I was ready for the party. I ran down the stairs excitedly and jumped off from the last staircase. 

"UMMA!!" I called out, running towards the kitchen. There I found my mom with Minho sitting at the counter observing my mom preparing the foods. 

"Ahh, there's my little princess!" She announced happily, wiping her hands on her pants before walking to my direction. 

I smiled, "Good morning, umma!" Hugging her as she kneeled down to my height.

"Good morning, jinri!" She hugged me back oh-so-lovingly, as I sniffed in her sweet scent. Strawberry!

Slowly, we departed from each others hug with a big bright smile. "Happy 11th birthday, my beloved princess! Hopefully, you'll enjoy your new age!"

"Thank you, umma!" 

"Your welcome, dear!" My mom turned her attention from me to Minho who was busy reading some kind of newspaper, "Minho-ah! Don't you wanna wish anything to Jinri? It is her birthday!"

I look at Minho waiting for his answer. He got rid of the magazine and looked at me with that annoying poker face of his, "Happy birthday, ugly."

I scoffed at his unsincere birthday wish, "Well, no thanks for you, uglier!"

"Didn't asked for your thanks, ugliest!" He said with a mocking look. I sent him a glare as we ended up in a 'glare battle war'.

"Okay, okay! That is enough both of you! Stop, glaring at each other and help me out decorating the living room. The party is about to start soon." My mom told us as we both ended the war. I nodded my head to her instructions till someone popped into my head.

"Umma! Where's appa?" I asked curiously. She looked at me with soft eyes, caressing my hair.

"He has work today, but he promised to be back before the party." 

"Why is appa always busy?" I asked with a hint of disappointment.

"Well, he's a busy working man dear. Don't worry he promised you he'll be on the party didn't he?"

I bit my bottom lips as I nodded slowly to her question.

"Then, there's nothing to worry about!" My mom stood up and walked towards the counter again.

"Hopefully, he won't abandon my party because of work again like last time!" I whispered to myself. Then I turn my attention towards Minho who was starring at me the whole time. When he finally notice me looking at him, he quickly turned his look away pretending to be interested in something else. 

Both of us are really different. Minho, he's a two faced boy who acts nice to everyone else but act like an annoying brat on me. While me, I'm the nice one who doesn't treat other people as some brat like him, obviously. But, there was one thing that made us quite the same. His parents and my dad were always busy because of work that they had no time for us. This is the reason you see Minho is still safe without any bone injury that was caused by me,

because I understood the feeling of being the second loved by our parents after money. 

I pitied him and I pity myself because of our parents lacked of care for us. But, unlike Minho, my mom doesn't work so she was the only one who showered me with lots of love and care but Minho, he had noone. He was lonely. Only the maids in the house were the one who cared for him but obviously they did that only because of their monthly payment. That's why Minho recently comes to my house to play, but there are times he never goes back home at all.

He comes to my house everyday like it was his own because right now the only people he considered as his family was my mother but I don't know if he consider me one as well though. He always get into fights with me and act like a brat, but that was only around me. Which I consider he was just acting like a good boy around people. I don't know, maybe being a brat around me is just his way of saying he hates me, I guess?

"Sulli! Minho! Hurry up and help me!" I awaken by the sound of my mother's voice calling out my name. That was when I realized that I was staring at Minho all along. 

Ohno! Ohno! He's going to tease me now for staring at him!

I was expecting for him to say something when he got off from his seat and walk towards my direction. But he did none, he just walk pass me and look back at me saying, "Hurry up, slow pig!"

I blinked at him for a good few seconds before nodding to his words. Weird. He was suppose to say, 'I guess I was so handsome, you keep on staring at me'- or whatever but no he didn't. Don't tell me he didn't notice me staring at him at all or maybe he was staring out on space as well to not notice me.

Oh, well, better he doesn't know then he does.

 

Author's POV.

 

Ding. Dong.

 

"Who is it?!" My mom called out, running towards the door and opens it as soon as she stood beside it. "Oh! It's Sulli's and Minho's classmate!"

She said in suprise seeing a few bunch of kids at the same as Jinri and Minho standing in front of her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sulli's mother!" All of them greeted at the same time with a formal bow. 

"Neh, annyeonghaseyo! Please, come in! My, my, how nice of you to bring Sulli gifts." She invited them with a big warm smile as they replied the same smile. All of them then entered the house with their presents. Sulli's mother then closed the door when all of them had entered.

 

Sulli and Minho were now talking with their friends.

"Uwaaah! Sulli-ah! You're very pretty today!" Complimented by Victoria. 

Sulli smiled, "Thanks Vic! I think you look nice too!"

"Aigoo~ I'm so jealous! I want a dress like this too!" Krystal pouted receiving a giggle from Sulli.

"Me too! It's absolutely pretty! What do you think Amber?" Luna turned to the boyish type of girl.

"Hrmm... I think she'll look even better with the pearls I bought for her!"

"Aish! This girl! What is worth a birthday present if you told her what's inside the box?!" Luna scolded.

Amber shrugged, "She'll still find out sooner or later anyways."

The group of girls laughed at Amber's statement as they continued their conversation with a new topic.

 

"Yah! What did guys got for Sulli?" Taemin popped out a question.

"I'll tell you guys what I got for her, if you guys tell me yours first!" Jonghyun stated.

"No way! That's not fair!" Key cried out.

"Minho? You wanna tell us first?" Onew turned to Minho.

"Nope!" Minho shook his head.

"Aish! Fine then! Let's play, rock-paper-scissors!" Taemin decided.

All of them agreed and played the game as in result, Minho lose.

Minho sighed, "Fine, I'll tell you! Come closer!" He ordered them, as they did as told.

Minho whispered to them, his birthday present for Sulli making the others gasp in suprise.

"NO WAY!!" Key shouted too loud earning a shush from his friends.

"Be quiet, you guys! Remember this is only between us, okayy?" He told them.

Onew smirked, "You are so gonna be in so much trouble."

Minho shrugged at his words, "She's gonna like it."

 

It was time for Sulli to blow the candles now. She was playing with her friends as her mother was busy lighting up the candles on top of the cake. Suddenly, the house telephone rings.

"I'll get it!" She stated, running towards the ringing phone. Sulli picks up the call and greeted the caller with a 'hello'.

"Jinri dear.."

Recognizing the caller's voice, Sulli's face lit up with a bright smile. "Appa! Where are you? The party is-"

Minho turned his looks from his friends to Sulli who was busy picking up the phone. He observe her as a big bright smile appeared on her face, seeing her that excited made him happy that the ends of his lips curved into a small smile.

It must be her dad.

But, suddenly her lips that curved up then fell back down making Minho look at her with a concern look. As soon as she said goodbye to the caller, she put back the phone and quickly runs up to her room. 

He was about to call out for her but was prevented by her mother, "Minho-ah, what happen to Jinri?"

Minho looks at the older woman with a shook on the head along with a small shrug.

 

Sulli slammed her door shut, she jumps on her bed and sits on the center as she hugged her legs to cover her crying face.

"I'm sorry, Jinri dear. But, appa has work to do in the office."

 

Minho stood in front of Sulli's room, slowly reaching for the door's handle and opens it. He could hear the sound of Sulli crying on her bed. He made way inside and carefully close the door to prevent any loud sounds.

He crawled on to her bed, sitting beside her. "Sulli-ah."

She didn't aswered him since she was too busy crying.

Minho sighed as he pulled her into an embrace, "Shhh- everything's gonna be alright."

Her cries slowly fades out, "He's not coming, brat."

He chuckled softly at her bluntness for calling him a brat in a situation like this, but oh well, she is Sulli. 

"What so funny?" She asked feeling his light chuckle.

"Because you look so ugly crying that I feel like puking right now." He commented.

Hearing that, Sulli quickly got off from him and wiped out her tears. She looked at him with a slight glare."You're uglier, okay?"

Minho laughed, "Okay." 

Sulli looked at him bewildered when he says nothing more then that. She observes him as he took out a box from the inside of his jacket and it was... pink?

"Here!" He hold out the present in front of her. Sulli looks at it as if it's the most weirdest thing she has ever seen, "What is this?"

"Can't you tell? It's a birthday present, stupid!" He playfully knock her head with his knuckle earning a scowl from her.

"Ouch! YAH!!" She covered her head before looking at him, but she found herself not saying anything later when she sees the sincere smile on his face right now.

"Happy birthday, Sulli! Cheer up, okay? I'll always be there by your side to make you smile!" For a second, that was one of the first time Minho had ever said to her that makes her feel slightly touched or too happy that had her speechless.

Slowly he jumps off the bed and made his way towards the door. He hold the handle and turned around for awhile saying, "I'm always by your side, Choi Jinri."

That left her sitting on bed, dumbfounded. She could feel her cheeks slightly burning by his words and the warm smile he displayed to her. Just right after he left the room, she looks at the pink box he gave her.

She opens it with a small smile appearing on her face, but the second she sees what was inside. The smile turned into a disgusted look.

It was a green slimy frog that was looking at her with huge round eyes. Sulli's eyes turns wide open when it suddenly jumps on her head and sitting there peacefully until...

 

"CHOI...

 

 

 

 

 

 

MIN...

 

 

 

 

 

 

HOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

 


hey, guys! I'm back! what do you think of the first chapter? Sorry, for the long wait btw ; ; school is a pain and i still have other fics to update in my other acc. hopefully, you like the beginning o u o also thank you so much to the ones who upvoted and subscribed!! I have three weeks of holiday so i'd be on recently but idk about updates, i guess we'll have to see how my mood is? anyways, thank you for reading and the lovely positive comments from you guys really supported me. So, please don't stop supporting me okayy? do drop a comment about your thoughts of this fic and upvote if you love it and subscribe to it if you find this fic interesting. Also, there's a lot of typo here but i'll edit it later. well see ya on the next chapter guys!!

Please do not plagiarized. All rights reserved to Sweet_Chococlate.