Chapter 20

Will You Realize..?

I'm back after a long time! For that, I'm sorry. I told some people that I would be updating lots/frequently but that didn't happen...Sorry. Anyway, I suggest that you read the last chapter in case you forgot what happened, which actually happened to me...

Oh yeah... 58 SUBSCRIBERS WOW THANK YOU!

Enjoy!


 

 

Missed Presents

 

Jinki woke up to the sound of laughter and immediately knew the others were fooling around again. He sat up on his bed, noticing that he had slept through the night without making sure if the maknae came home but hearing the laughter he knew the boy was.

 

He walked out, towards the living room. A round of laughter was heard once again which got him confused considering he expected scolding or at least not a single word from the other three who waited for the youngest.

 

When he finally entered the living room, he was welcomed with a happy scene; Taemin laughing.

 

It immediately brought a smile on his face... just a tiny one...

 

Wow

 

Was what Jinki thought as he stared at his best friend. He liked the fact that Taemin's eyes grew wrinkles as he smiled or how the boy would cover his mouth as he laughed and how his nose would scrunch a bit with it. In short, Jinki liked the tiniest things Taemin did.

 

Jinki doesn't know why he stopped... or why he ever stopped the love he felt for the boy back then. For all he knew, he stopped loving the maknae when they both found out that they were going to debut in the same group. To Jinki, loving a group member wasn't right because well... what if you two fought? There's always that possibility that the group would break up... but then he thought about Jonghyun and Key.

 

Jonghyun and Key weren't the best couple out there. The two would always argue about the tiniest things possible but they would never hate or get mad at each other for more than two hours. It was obvious to him that Jonghyun and Key were made for each other because whenever they fought they would fix it right when they both knew they were being silly.

 

But he really does know why he stopped — or at least tried to, he stopped because Taemin… broke his heart.


 

***


 

Jinki's pov

 

I headed back to my room to get ready but as I entered I shuffled to my bed and sat on it, staring at the wall absentmindedly.

 

If Minnie and I was to date, would we be like Jonghyun and Key too?

 

I thought about that for awhile. I don't know for how long but I thought about it. This question has been with me ever since the group found out that Jonghyun and Key were a couple. I admit, I am a bit envious of them... I mean, they got the love they both wanted. They both waited for so long and still got each other in the end. Why couldn't I have who I wanted as well?

 

Aish… Lee Jinki stop it.

 

You don’t love Taemin, you don’t.

 

I lied down, only to stare off to the ceiling. I remembered the first time Taemin and I met and thought about what made me love him in the beginning. I knew I was wasting time with these thoughts and since I didn't have anything scheduled for today I figured I could clean up a bit.

 

I got ready first and later began cleaning... or organizing since my mind wasn't and probably would never be, so might as well organize my surroundings, right? As I was cleaning though, I found the little gifts I got from Taemin. I smiled at the thought of when I began receiving them. It was the day after I offered to give him vocal lessons at the rooftop we first met at. I was young, I didn't know much about the details in singing but I still taught him the basics that I learned from the teachers who taught me.

 

I let out a chuckle as I remembered how flustered he was, how red he got as he was explaining what the present was for but I remembered his smile right after when I said I liked it very much.

 

It wasn't that expensive but it meant a whole lot.

 

Back then, I had no clue Taemin’s family was not doing so well so I just kept accepting them with no worries. When SM announced that we were going to be in the group they plan on debuting, I thought the presents would stop but I was surprised again when it didn't. The same day that was announced, I found out the problem his family was having. It broke my heart because well... he was having a hard time and whatever money he got, he would buy me something to say how grateful he was.

 

But...

 

It also made my heart flutter because he went to all that trouble to get me something even when he could've bought something else that would help him somehow.

 

I looked at the presents I got from the past few years, if anybody found out that I kept these they would probably ask why I've kept them. These presents in my room are not all of them, there's more at my parent's home. I mean, if I bought those here wouldn't it be too obvious even if I gave up?

 

I was upset when I didn't get a single one within these two months, I waited though… because I thought that he must've been so busy to get me one. Now, you might think I'm selfish, but I'm not, I swear. I've been giving him gifts regularly as well but in the past two months he didn't say a single "thank you." Even if he stopped with the presents, I didn't because that was our thing.

 

I've been waiting and waiting but still no thank you. We've never asked for the “thank you’s” because that’d be weird and we always said our “thank you's” right when we got it.

 

Maybe he just didn't get to open it yet...

 

But that wasn't an excuse because he would've thanked me right when he got it, even when he didn't open it yet and also, I’ve given him two already. Even when we talked for awhile yesterday, I was lowkey expecting him to thank me but all we talked about was how things were going.

 

I looked through all of them and that's when I noticed that they all had dates on them, so I put them in order. I took out my phone for a calendar to see if they were dates that are anything special but as I was marking the dates, I noticed that they were always two weeks apart. Was there a special meaning to it? I don't know…

 

Aish… he’s always been the weird one out of the both of us…

 

I tried to think about the reason as to why they’d be two weeks apart, I’ve only ever given him presents once a month. I couldn’t help but have the look of concentration on my face as I looked down on them, wondering why.

 

That’s when the thoughts popped up again.

 

"I don't love him anymore. I gave up a long time ago. Jinki…” I sighed as I lied next to them. I closed my eyes, trying to push the thoughts away but… I failed. Accepting that I failed I opened my eyes. “Hah... who am I kidding… I obviously still have feelings for him.”

 

I hid the presents hastily because it was only making my thoughts more messed up. I entered the bathroom once again and looked in the mirror. I don't look that handsome but I am, it's just that many people think that Jongin's style is a lot more cooler than mine. But... I did change my style in the beginning of the year.

 

"Why am I even comparing myself to him damn it!" I let my hands hit the counter but not so loud that the others could hear. Kai has been friends with Taemin for a long time and the thought of it irritates me. They just have a lot in common with each other and they both live to dance.

 

And people say they look sort of alike…

 

And fans like to ship them together…

 

Maybe... maybe Taemin would even like Kai better because it's Kai! Kim Jongin for goodness sakes!

 

I left the bathroom, knowing that comparing myself to another person isn’t so great of a thing to do. Plus it was only reminding me of how I felt back then.

 

There are things that I have kept to myself. I knew about Taemin's feelings but I know those feelings didn't last. I knew he gave up on me... I mean, who wouldn't?

 

I found out he liked me because I may have... read... his journal but I only read two pages or more... but I for sure read the first page which had something about me and how hot I looked? I was flattered that the person I used to love loved me back and as I was reading it, I had a smile on my face.

 

But after a couple of pages... I read something that broke my heart. Turns out, he found others "hot" too. He also commented on their singing and charms. He never said anything about my charms or... singing.

 

I bet he only found me attractive only for our 'The First' era which was in Japan. We had a lot of moments during that time but somewhere in between we drifted and became close again somehow. However, as soon as that era finished everything just went downhill. The year after that era, EXO was scheduled to debut. So when we got back from Japan, Taemin spent most of his time practicing with Kai.

 

That same year I didn't really know who Kai was (I knew him as a trainee, not as a friend) or who he was to Taemin. So whenever the maknae said he would hang out with Kai many things would pop into my head. When the both of us were finally introduced, I finally found out that Kai was his best friend too… when I wasn't around.

 

When I found out that Taemin had another best friend I told myself to look for one too. I know… I must sound immature but Taemin was really the only one who I can be myself with. Since I was already close to Joon I told myself that I could consider him a best friend. He was only the one to ever know about my feelings for the boy.

 

I chose to lie on my bed and not move around, it was only leading me into thinking about the boy.

 

Being surrounded by things that reminded me of him, I left my room and went back to where the others were. They were just waiting for the breakfast to be ready and I thought I should wait with them also. We didn't have too wait long and soon we started eating. I took my seat next to Taemin and glanced at him. I saw that he as very much focused on his phone and I caught that he was texting Kai again.

 

I distracted myself from it by starting a conversation with the others.

 

"Are there any plans for you guys?" I began. "Jonghyun and I are actually going shopping. Hyung, want to come?" Key replied as he was just beginning to sit down. I thought about it for awhile, I had no plans but I wanted to stay at home just incase Taemin stays.

 

But what if he goes out and leaves you?

 

He probably would, Jinki you're boring just admit it.

 

"Actually, I was planning to stay here and watch a movie..." I replied. "Hyung... you don't usually like watching movies... are you okay?" Minho asked since he recalled the time he asked me once. The rapper knew that the leader didn't like them just because Jinki found it time consuming but all of the sudden, a voice was heard. It wasn't that loud but it was audible.

 

"Onew hyung loves watching movies..."

 

The way Taemin said it sounded as if he didn't care but it made Jinki's heart beat in a way it hasn't in a long time.

 

He remembered…

 

He looked towards Taemin and noticed how the younger still used ‘Onew’ instead of ‘Jinki’ but at least he still remembered the times where they would wait for the others to sleep so that they can watch movies alone.



 

***

 

Nobody's pov

 

Taemin whispered it, he had to because if he hadn't he knew jinki would have felt upset if he didn't say anything. He knew that the leader lived to watch movies, they'd been doing it even before they debuted.

 

He recalled the moments of when he would ask the other if he wanted to watch a movie together or vice versa but those moments were rare now, considering their schedules. So the only time they had the time to do it was late at night when the both of them didn't have schedules in the morning.

 

Taemin noticed that the leader was looking at him in a way he wondered why he had to say that when Jinki could've explained it himself, but that wasn't the case why Jinki was looking at him.

 

Jinki was looking at him because he said something that no one else knew. The rest… well they were looking at him as if they wanted to know why he knew.

 

Shinee knew how much Jinki hated to watch movies but to Jinki that wasn't the case, he just hated watching it in the theaters. He liked it more at home and surrounded by blankets and… his best friend. Jinki wished those times would come back.

 

He missed it.


 

 


Sorry again. I tried to make this long and hoped that I didn't disappoint any of you!
So yes! Jinki has loved Taemin before but told himself to give up because he thought it could ruin the band. Meaning they did love each other at the same before debut. Also, Jinki kind of thinks Jongin is a threat even if the other has someone else already. And remember no one knows that Jungah and him had broken up.