~ Chapter Thirty-One: Gurae WOLF, Naega WOLF...AWOOO!~

The Fallen

Random Rambles: Hi everyone, prepare yourself for a long, long, amagadsolooong chapter (kkaebsong~), hopefully things are slightly coming together ^^; keep on commenting, you guys rock <3 Kamsahamnida~!

***

I woke up the next day feeling hungover, dizzy, pain throbbing numbly throughout my body as though a horde of elephants went tapdancing on me last night. 

I groaned and blinked, my eyesight hazy at first until I realized that I was looking up at my ceiling, from my bed. My head spun when I looked to the side and saw a bottle of pills on my nightstand. Looks like the doctor stopped by again. My room was gently lit by the sun and I felt much better than I did last night. Carefully trying to sit up, I tried to think back to what had happened last night. My parents must've been so angry, but I didn't really know what was going on either. I knew about my panic attacks from time to time, but this took the cake. 

Not to mention those images...

I kept seeing flashes of a world in disarray, followed by strange symbols I had never seen before and a tree with a green heart. I might be able to explain that last image since I caught sight of that funny dagger Dad had brought home the other day, and my subconscious might've caught up on that, but all the rest? The scary part was that those images didn't just feel like dreams. They felt like memories. 

"Oh man..." I huffed, wincing while I waited for the dizziness to pass. "I really am losing my mind." 

Then, panic slapped me across the face again when I realized that it was already morning. The moonlight had turned into the sun and today was a school day. Oh no! 

I glanced at my alarm clock and my eyes widened. "What?!" I reached out to grab it, but fell off my bed in the process because I'm just elegant that way, and groaned out of frustration once more when I realized that it wasn't just morning- it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I slept throughout the night and most of the day! I was late for freaking school!

As fast as I could, I washed my face, brushed my teeth and hastily put on my school uniform, making a racket while I did so. The noise drew my mother's attention when she hurriedly came into my room. 

"Jae? Jae! Baby, what are you doing, you should be in bed right now!" she said, watching me hoist my skirt up while attempting to put on the blazer at the same time. I carelessly pulled up the knee-high socks and didn't bother when the left side slid back down. 

"Hi, Mom," I greeted in a hurry, quickly brushing my hair and grabbing my backpack. 

"Don't you 'hi, Mom" me, missy! Get back into bed!" she pointed, taking my backpack away from me. 

"No, seriously, it's fine, I want to go school. I feel a lot better, sorry about last night, okay?" I know I said it in a hurry, but I meant those words and even gave her a quick hug before grabbing my bag away from her again, heading towards the stairs. 

"Jae, I am serious! You fainted again last night and the doctor wants you resting. The school knows that you're sick so you don't have to go today. Please, stay in bed. I don't want to see my baby like last night again," she pleaded, following me to the kitchen where I grabbed a loaf of bread and put it in my mouth. 

"Jae," she called again, grabbing me by the shoulders. "You're not well, baby," she said, gently caressing stray locks of hair from my face. "You scared me last night, do you realize that?" she then stated and immediately pangs of guilt hit my chest. 

"I didn't mean to," I started, slowing down just a bit. "I...I don't know what happened." 

"And neither do we, which is why I want you to stay at home today, please, for me?" she pleaded, gently my hair, her eyes full of worry.

"Mom, I'm sorry about last night, I really am. I don't know what had gotten over me, but I swear to you that I feel a lot better today. Please, I just want to go to school," I insisted. If I heard correctly, Dad said that tonight would be a full moon and everyone has the right to call me crazy right now, but I wanted to know why Xiumin was so excited about that fact. I won't know if I wasn't at school. I just needed to know, or I won't be able to let this werewolf matter go. Maybe once I find out, once and for all, all the things that have been happening to me might stop as well. 

"Baby..."

"Mom, please. I swear, I'm fine," I told her, looking at her eyes and putting my own hand against her face. She held onto it and pouted as she pondered about this. 

"You acted like an animal last night," she started and I cringed. 

"I'm sorry. I had a headache," I tried and she inhaled for breath. She removed my hand from her face and held onto it. 

"Well, it's just two or three more classes, right? I want you to come straight home after that, though," she told me strictly and I smiled, hugging her. 

"Thanks, Mom, you're the best!" I pecked her on the cheek and rushed to the front door. She grabbed my hand, however. 

"Jae, what is this? How did this happen?" she pointed out and I hummed in confusion as well. There were odd markings on my hand, as though someone bit into it... My eyes widened and I pulled my hand back, thinking about that strange dream I had with the white wolf attacking me. 

"Nothing, I think I slept weird or something- uh...okay, bye! I'll be home before dinner!" I promised and rushed out the door, my mother blinking at me as she watched me run off. 

"I hope that boy is worth all this trouble!" she called after me to tease me and managed to chuckle, but I only shook my head, whined 'Mom!' in response and ran. Yes, me, Jae, the girl who hated running with a passion, was running to school. And you know what? It felt good. Fantastic, even. I liked the rush of the wind flying past me, the feeling of freedom in the open air. I would enjoy it more if I wasn't so late. 

The school building loomed in front of me and not caring one bit about my most likely disheveled appearance, I quickly dashed towards my locker, dumped the books I didn't need, checked my schedule, grabbed my stuff and ran. The next class started fifteen minutes ago, so getting into class unnoticed was not going to happen. 

I continued running to the second floor to get to my first biology class of the week and in my panicked rush charmingly burst through the door interrupting the lesson. I only realized what I had just done when I saw all those eyes staring at me, bewildered. 

Ah, look! It's the spotlight and I'm standing in it! Yay...

Flustered and blushing, I gave a nervous chuckle and a small wave of the hand at my classmates and cringed when I saw who my biology teacher was. 

"Miss Jae! We meet again," Mr. Tabi said with a lopsided grin as he appraised me for a moment. I quickly adjusted my blazer and backpack strap which had slid off my shoulder and gave a nervous smile. "I understood that you were sick today, but, here you are. That's very devoted of you," he joked and some of the students snickered. My face only became a brighter shade of red. 

"H-hi, sir, I'm so sorry for disrupting the lesson and being late. I felt better when I woke up and I didn't want to miss out on any more lessons since I have some catching up to do," I said as an excuse and Mr. Tabi gave a friendly smile. 

"Are you sure you're up for it, though? It looks a little like you could still use some rest," he said gently. 

"Oh, I'm fine, sir, I promise," I said, wondering how many times I had to say that today. 

"Alright, take a seat then," he winked. "As for all you gentlemen in the house, I know that Miss Jae is a pretty girl, but that is no excuse to keep staring at her like that," he then stated not so subtly and I winced again. Mr. Tabi then did subtly point out to my exposed left leg and I hurriedly pulled out the knee-high sock, trying very hard not to be too embarrassed. 

Once I settled down, I realized that next to Suho and Lay, there were more members present in this particular class. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen were here as well. I was still out of breath and panting, and even though I still felt a little bit dizzy, I was glad I made it. Were Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen here because they took advanced science classes? Chanyeol and Baekhyun ignored me politely, but Chen was looking at me, curiously at first, then shy and then he smirked a playful smile and adjusted his tie, as though he was telling me to do so with my own tie. I frowned and reached to my tie, sighing out of humiliation when I felt that it was crooked and adjusted it quickly. 

A tap on my shoulder startled me and I glanced behind me. Minho was smirking at me, playfully tugging at my loose hair. "Why the heck would you still go to school when you're sick? Tell me honestly, you overslept, didn't you?" he teased and I was able to relax somewhat. 

"You caught me," I answered in a whisper, which made him laugh. 

Mr. Tabi, was as I already knew, was an excellent teacher, but my attention went to the five members of the Majestic Twelve. I needed to find out what they were excited for, it couldn't just have been Xiumin and Luhan. I unwittingly turned my attention back to Mr. Tabi when he started talking about butterflies. 

"One of the most interesting phenomena in the animal kingdom is that of metamorphosis, transformation. Beginning with one thing and growing into something else entirely. This transformation process has a cycle it abides by. If we were to study the circle of life, the metamorphosis of the butterfly would make an excellent example," he explained with much enthusiasm.

"Observe. We start at the first stage, the egg," there was a plant laid out in front of him and he walked through the classroom to show everyone the eggs on the plants. "Laid by the female butterfly, the eggs are carefully placed on edible plants so that when we go over to the next stage," he rushed to grab another plant, this one was infested by larva and I pulled a face, "the larva will have something to eat and fatten themselves up. Look at them, chubby, little fatties," he joked, carefully one caterpillar while some girls shrieked. 

"Now, now, no need for that. Even these guys have feelings, you know?" Mr. Tabi jested, a playful smile on his handsome face. "What do you guys think when you look at these things? Pretty cute, right?" 

"Ew, Mr. Tabi, they're disgusting," someone piped up from the back of the class. 

"Disgusting?" he prompted, feigning shock. 

"Yeah, and ugly," Lili stuck out her tongue and I smiled at her when she shivered. 

"Ugly?!" Mr. Tabi pretended to gasp. "These precious creatures, disgusting and ugly? Never! Look at them!" he teased, walking briskly towards her table, where she gave a squeal when he placed the caterpillar-plant in front of her nose. The classroom filled with laughter again when she jumped up to move to the seat next to her as one of the larva fell on her table. 

"Oh, calm down, now, Lili, they're just caterpillars," Mr. Tabi smiled, carefully grabbing the fallen caterpillar and the plant again. 

"Ew, ew, ew! There's still one there!" Lili shrieked, but it was Lay that got up from his seat, that gentle smile on his face as he looked to where Lili was pointing. 

"Lay-oppa, over there!" she pouted and Lay grinned when he carefully picked up the caterpillar, staring at it with the fascination of a two-year-old. 

"There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" he murmured, though I wondered whether he was talking to Lili or to the caterpillar. Lili's eyes were glued on Lay though and for a moment I thought for sure that she had forgotten all about her dear Luhan-oppa. 

"Whoa, thank you, Lay-oppa," she cooed, treating him like a knight in shining armor. 

"You're welcome, Lili," he replied gently, putting the caterpillar back with his friends on the plant. 

"Good man, Lay-sshi," Mr. Tabi stated, ready to continue his lesson. 

"Yah, Lili-noona, there's one more left on your head," Chen suddenly called, pointing at her, causing the girl to shriek again. The classroom was in an uproar as Chen clapped his hands and laughed in that childlike way he does. 

"Ah, Chen! That's not funny," Lili exclaimed, slapping the younger teen repeatedly, which only made him laugh louder. Mr. Tabi shook his head and attempted to calm everyone down. 

"Chen, you get one warning, my friend, so don't get another one," he snapped his fingers and quickly continued. "After these caterpillars have eaten, they slowly turn into pupa, the third stage. They hang upside down like this," he showed us another plant, its branches thick with cocoons, "and spin, spin, spin themselves into these cocoons. Remarkable, right? Does anyone know what the process entails for them to go to stage four?" when no one raised their hands, Mr. Tabi pushed his glasses up and smiled, purposely looking at Lili. "They digests themselves, releasing enzymes to dissolve all tissues." 

"Yuck!" Lili exclaimed and I was inclined to agree with her. It was disgusting, the way he said it. 

"Yuck," Mr. Tabi nodded, though there was still that smile playing on his lips. "But, the miraculous thing about nature, is that in the end, these yuckie things," he gestured at the three stages, "transform into this." He carefully grabbed a familiar-looking box, and within it, surprisingly, a fluttering Common Jay. 

Mr. Tabi pointed at the box while looking at me excitedly. "Still alive and happy," he winked and I couldn't help but grin, blushing lightly under his attention. "Anyone know the name of this species? Jae, wanna make a guess?" he jested, smirking at the inside joke. I chuckled. 

"A Common Jay," I answered easily making him more enthusiastic. 

"Correct! But, just like our lovely friend over there," he gestured at me, "this little friend is not so common at all. Special, simply because it is, what it is. A butterfly, being able to do something other creatures could not dare dream; transforming from one thing, to another." 

I felt like applauding the guy, the way he taught his class, but as I looked at the different stages of the butterfly, ending my gaze at the Common Jay, I pondered his words. I bit my lip and raised my hand. 

"Yes, Jae with an E?" he joked. 

"I was just wondering, sir, the metamorphosis of a butterfly is a natural phenomenon, isn't it? But, and I'm just curious, is it possible for other creatures to transform the way a butterfly could? To be one thing and then change into something else completely?" I ignored the fact that Suho had turned his head so that he could glare at me again. I ignored Lay blinking at me, forever confused. I ignored Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen staring at me. 

Mr. Tabi's smile widened and he chuckled. "Not in the natural world, I'm afraid. What other creatures did you have in mind?" 

I blushed now. I didn't know if I should, but I did it anyway. Suho's glare of death was a good motivation to keep going. 

"Oh, I don't know...wolves, maybe?" I challenged and heard my classmates snickering. 

"Whoa, yeah, like werewolves!" Minho unexpectedly said from behind me. "Or, bats!" he said enthusiastically. 

"Hold on, hold on," Mr. Tabi laughed. "You're talking about the supernatural world here. Unfortunately, I'm only a biology teacher of the natural world," he jested. "To my account, the life cycle of the butterfly only allows for drastic transformations. Humans, as you are well aware, are not capable of changing that way. It's biologically and anatomically impossible," he explained goodnaturedly. 

"Are you sure?" Minho was a surprising ally all of a sudden and I didn't mind at all.

"Yes, Minho, I'm sure," Mr. Tabi said determinedly. 

"How can you be sure? Have you ever encountered one?" Minho crossed his arms over his chest, looking smug. He winked at me and I smiled. 

"Well, no, but that's beside the point," Mr. Tabi tried to wave off. 

"Well if you've never seen one, how can you be sure that they're not out there, in secret?" Minho interjected. 

"Yeah, maybe they're amongst us right now," I stoked, adding oil to the fire. Mr. Tabi chuckled and shook his head. 

"And I think that maybe you should've stayed at home to take care of the obvious fever you're suffering through, Jae," his joke was met with laughter and even though I bore a smile on my face, I casually took note at how five of my dear classmates were not so amused. 

The rest of the classes went by like a flash and it irked me that I was none the wiser. I even purposely tried to stay quiet when I was walking down the hallways, hoping that I would suddenly pick up on a voice again, but there was nothing. There was no way that I rushed and went through all this trouble to get to school, just to miss out on the supposedly main event tonight, right? I'm sure that Luhan was talking about the full moon that was going to shine tonight, but why, what, where, how?! 

It didn't help that I was too chicken to start to randomly follow one of the Majestic Twelve whenever I saw them, so I was still none the wiser. Should I try to follow them anyway? Aish, stalker much, Jae? Where's your pride?

Perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to head home and sleep instead. I have to take care of my health, but damn my curiosity for not allowing me to even consider that option. Why? Why couldn't I let this go?

I spent half a school day mostly trying to figure out what Luhan and Xiumin had been talking about, based on assumptions, and ended up with nothing. I saw Kris when he was heading towards basketball practice, but I didn't feel like bumping into him after our conversation yesterday. He seemed surprised to see me though, but pretended not to see me. As I gathered my things to go back home, I then noticed Tao and Sehun hanging around in the main hallway and for a second I thought about just walking up to them to see if I could fish something out of them. They appeared to be excited about something. It crossed my mind how thoroughly embarrassing it was going to be if it turned out that they were just planning someone's surprise birthday party, by the way, but I suppose that's a problem for later. I'm starting to get used to embarrassing myself anyway. 

I in a breath of air for courage and steadily walked towards them, while I mentally practiced what I could say to them. Once I figured out what I was going to say, I took another step, only to nearly let out a shriek when someone pulled me by the arm, placed his hand over my mouth and trapped me in between the wall and himself. My eyes widened when I saw that it was Suho, his face inches away from my face, looking around him to make sure that we were indeed alone. 

"I'm going to make this quick. You don't get to talk," he hissed while I noted how freakishly strong he was. "You talked to Kris, didn't you? Yes or no?" 

Unable to respond verbally, I gave a quick nod of the head. 

"And did he not tell you to leave us alone for your own sake?" he continued. 

Trying to stay calm, I nodded slowly. 

"So what the heck do you think you're doing then?" he said in an angry whisper, but I only lifted my eyebrow at him since he expected me to answer while he still had his hand over my mouth. He clacked his tongue and removed his hand. 

"Why are you freaking out?" I immediately retaliated, knowing that I didn't need to beat around the bush with him. That's probably one of the very few good characteristics of Suho in this respect. "And most importantly, why are you on my tail all this time? You're telling me to leave you alone, but you seem to be particularly interested in keeping taps on me." 

"That's because I don't trust you," he said bluntly. "Look at you, you're a delusional girl who suspects a group of regular guys to be wolves," he stated and he actually smirked when he saw the look of shock on my face. "Yeah, Kris told me what you thought of us," he whispered, backing off a little when a group of giggly girls past by. No one noticed that we were standing in an abandoned hallway, people casually walking past heading home or to their clubs. Suho turned back at me when he thought the coast was clear. 

"If you think that way about us, then why would you even risk trying to get closer? Risk messing with supposed wolves?" Suho voice had turned husky, threatening even. His demeanor changed and for a moment, I was actually scared. He suddenly pinned me down against the wall, his face so close I could feel his warm breath tickling my skin. His eyes were intimidating as he glared at me and even if I wanted to look away, I couldn't. 

"You know that wolves are predators, don't you?" he stated and I could have sworn there was a soft growling coming from deep within his chest. 

"And you know that all I have to do is scream and have you kicked out of school. Bye, bye, reputation," I managed to reply, trying very hard not to be intimidated by him. However, next to the anxiety, I felt the need to challenge him. The wild emotions I had felt last night were simmering subtly within me. 

Suho scoffed and backed off, but still kept me trapped so I couldn't run. "When Kris warned you, it was friendly. You won't get anymore warnings. I don't know who you think you are, but you need help. In the meantime, stay away," he whispered so softly it didn't even sounded like a threat. 

I could still feel the warmth of his proximity after he left and after I took a couple of calming breaths, still watching him walk away. "It's funny," I said, loud enough for him to hear. He halted in his step. 

"What is?" he asked, impatiently. 

"How people tend to behave when full moon is coming," I carefully watched his face for a reaction. "It's just superstition, but one can't help but wonder," I added, seeing only a flash of the muscle underneath his eye twitching before he gave a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. 

"Take care of your health, Jae. You obviously need the rest," he quipped before leaving. I purposely waited a few moments before I would walk out. I caught Suho walking steadily to an excited Sehun and Tao before leaving. I know I shouldn't, but at this point, I didn't care when I dashed after them. They took their sweet time walking and talking, waiting by the school gates. I observed them, even ducking behind a tree to make sure that they didn't see me. Nervously, I peeked from behind it to watch them.

"What are you doing?"

I nearly jumped a hole in the sky when D.O. had appeared out of nowhere, giving me a confused smile as he observed me. 

"Oh my- you nearly scared me to death," I breathed, a hand on my chest to calm me down. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to," he answered casually. "So, what were you doing?" he asked and I started to panic all over again when he followed my movements and the direction where I was looking at. He frowned a little when he saw Suho. "Is Suho-hyung giving you a hard time?" he asked out of the blue. 

"What? Oh, uh- no," I answered, rubbing the back of my head in mild guilt. Before I got a chance to make up an excuse, D.O. continued talking. 

"He's not a bad guy, you know. I know he tends to give people a hard time, but when you get to know him, he's actually nice," he said. "Too nice, now that I think about it," he said thoughtfully. "Nice to the extent that you'll think he's an idiot." D.O. smirked and I smiled back. Of all people, he's the one that always been nice to me, in his own way, despite what his brothers might think or say. I can't but admire that. D.O. lives up his reputation of being steadfast and loyal, for that matter.  

"Don't let him give you a hard time, okay?" D.O. told me and I nodded at him. 

"Thanks, D.O.," he blinked at me before giving a small smile again. Naturally he walked over to his friends, Suho included and just when I thought about sneakily following them anyway, I froze upon seeing Xiumin and Luhan, hoping that they wouldn't disappoint. I watched them greet the others, slowly questioning my sanity and feeling very much like a creepy stalker, but there was nothing. No voices, no sounds. Nothing. See, a sane person would be thankful and happy to not hear voices in their heads, but not me- nope! I'm disappointed. 

Just when I thought of giving up, I jolted again. 

What time should we meet?

I shouldn't be hearing this, right? Wrong. It was there. The voices. I guessed that it was Tao speaking. 

Is ten a good time for everyone? 

Yeah! Can't wait!

The usual meeting point?

Edge of the forest, foot of the mountain. Let's do this!

And with that, I ran home myself. 

My heart was racing a million miles a minute and I seemed anxious since I got home. Of course this prompted my parents to send me to bed as soon as possible, which worked out fine for me. I wasn't sure what I was doing here, but I let my body take over, my mind focused on the task at hand. It felt a little ridiculous, donning a black hoodie with matching baggy pants, a scarf to cover the bottom half of my face, just to take precautions when I'd follow the Majestic Twelve to- well, I didn't rightly know, did I? 

What I did know was that it was 09.30 pm and I had half an hour to go to this meeting place they were talking about. I'd probably have to run there, since bringing a bike might be too much of a fuss, but seeing that beautiful full moon... Wow. I really didn't mind. I checked my appearance in the mirror for good measure, feeling only a slight pang of pain in my head, but other than that, I was feeling good. Energized. 

Sneaking out of the house while my parents were in the living room, watching TV, was probably the most nerve-wrecking thing I had to do in my life. For all they knew, I was sleeping peacefully in my bed and not stalking a bunch of guys from school. 

"Ahhh, what am I doing?" I chanted while jogging through the quiet roads and peaceful streets. "You're crazy, Jae, absolutely crazy," I sang, still running to head over to the only mountain that was accessible on foot. It helped that I ran there last night. I knew exactly which paths to take. I glanced at my watch and quickened the pace. 

I was out of breath and frantic, pulling my hoodie over my head when I caught sight of Kris and Tao, walking towards their meeting spot. I was having second doubts about this, but I moved my feet anyway. Eleven of them had already gathered and I frowned when I saw Kai hopping up and down in excitement like a little kid. One of them was late and it didn't surprise me when Lay came jogging past, apologizing for being tardy. I watched breathlessly as they laughed and talked together, looking like a bunch of normal teenagers, when Suho clasped his hands together and they ran towards the forest, away from the streetlights, into the darkness of the woods. 

"Oh boy, here we go," I waited just long enough before I sprinted after them, and let me tell you; they're fast. Ridiculously so. Again I depended on the light of the moon to guide me, making sure I kept track of the shadows that moved before me. I was so focused that I didn't even felt my muscles burning, that I wasn't even aware that I was tired. The moon was very lightly hidden by swirls of clouds in the sky, but she still looked beautiful. 

I kept low when they arrived at their destination and I narrowed my eyes when I saw them at a secret clearing, preparing to stoke up a bonfire. I rolled my eyes and started sweating. If one of them would suddenly pop open a keg of beer, I'd be utterly humiliated. There was even a part of me that hoped that they would start to vandalize random stuff and drink beer and act out like teenage boys would, but...that didn't happen. 

I stayed and watched them carefully, staying hidden behind the trees, keeping low to the bushes. It was a little difficult for me to see, but they didn't need to have light at all as it seemed. 

Who are you guys?

For a moment fear took hold of me. I'd been determined to figure out their secret, determined to find out if my assumptions about them were right, but now that the time was near, I was starting to worry. What if I was right? All this time I tried to prove that I wasn't wrong, but now I was actually frightened over the fact that I could be right. If I was right, would that mean that I broke the universe? It would mean that werewolves, formerly known as nothing more but myths, were real. 

I gasped softly when I heard one of them howl, eliciting laughter from the group and my eyes widened. That wasn't a particularly funny joke, and my heart thumped loudly in my chest. 

"Full moon, baby, whoo!" Baekhyun shouted loudly, followed by laughter and howling. 

"Yeah! Finally! I need to let off some steam!" Kai exclaimed, throwing big wooden branches in the middle of the clearing. 

"Is it time yet?" Xiumin asked in anticipation. 

"Almost," Suho said, looking very different with a real and relaxed smile on his face. I held my breath as I continued watching them. "Sehunnie, why don't you help out here?" he suddenly said and I squinted my eyes, seeing the tall blonde step up, looking at the shrouded moon. 

"Ready?" he asked, a wide smile on his face. What happened next, I wasn't sure, but he blew air from his mouth, and as sure as my eyes witnessed it, the wind had picked up and the clouds that shrouded the moon dispersed. Did Sehun do that? Impossible!

When the moon shone fullest and brightest, I couldn't help but look up as well. The moon was so big here and its shine was even more alluring. The boys became rowdy, shouting and laughing and howling as they went. 

"Now is the time, boys! Party on!" Kris exclaimed happily. "Chanyeollie, if you will do the honors," he patted the youth on the shoulder and Chanyeol's toothpaste smile appeared as he cracked his neck and his knuckles. 

"My pleasure, hyung!" he rubbed his hands together and out of the blue a steady stream of fire appeared from his freaking hands and set the wooden branches on fire! At this point I was leaning against the tree, my mouth covered by my hands, standing frozen. I was unable to run away, unable to move, unable to look away. My eyes only widened more when I saw them changing. Kris' honey blonde hair made way for a dark undercut with flowy red hair, his eyes shimmering red. Sehun shook his head and a multitude of colors shone, once where only platinum blonde was. Luhan was suddenly pale blonde while Lay ran his hands through his dark hair and they changed to yellow by the time he removed his hands. 

Oh my God. This isn't happening. This-this is not-

My thoughts were jumbled, I frozen in shock and didn't know what to do. When Kai howled at that moon, he sounded more animal than man and frankly, all of this frightened the out of me. While they were busy doing whatever the hell it was they were doing, I gained control over my body and wanted to bolt out of there. I wanted to forget what I saw, wished feverishly that I listened to Kris and Suho when they told me I should let the matter go. 

I carefully stepped away, one miniscule step at a time. When I thought I was in the clear, I looked over my shoulder, seeing their eyes shimmering red and that was enough for me to want to run. But then, do you remember how elegant of a person I am? Yeah, of course, right at this moment, I stepped on a fallen branch that cracked so loudly it seemed to echo through the forest. 

Crap. They didn't hear it, did they? It was eerily still behind me, the silence so deafening it made me tremble. I turned around, and saw to my horror that there was no one there. The fire had been suddenly doused and there was no sign of any one of them. Had they left? 

I felt the blood run cold in my veins when I heard it. The soft, low, threatening growl of a wolf. I turned around slowly, my breath caught in my throat. "Ah!" I gasped, falling backwards when I saw the dark wolf approaching me, its fur bronzed and dark, its upper lip trembling as it beared its teeth, roaring softly. This wolf was surrounded by black smoke and when it haunched down to leap at me, it turned easily back into a human form. 

Kai...!

He glared at me with eyes that glowed red, but he didn't seem to recognize me. "Ever heard of the phrase, 'curiosity killed the cat'?" he whispered in a husky voice, but I didn't answer him of course. I scrambled back up to my feet and ran. In that instant, more wolves in a variety of colors chased after me, driving me insane as the silhouettes changed from man to wolf around me with a blink of an eye.

I didn't know where I was running to, but I knew I had to get out of here. Just when I thought I had outrun them, a cloud of black smoke appeared right before me, and out came Kai, grinning devilishly. I was too late to stop and bumped up against him, falling back down, while he was untouched. 

Eleven wolves then circled around me from all directions and I knew that I was trapped. There was nowhere for me to run. No way for me to escape. 

This was it. I'm done for...