Chapter 4 Another Side

Mr. Annoying and Mrs. Perfect

Jaehyeon POV

 

 

“Have some rest, Jae.” He whispered into my ear before leaving my room. Something in his voice made him sound like he actually cared.

 

After that I drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

I woke up after about half an hour of sleep since I wasn’t that tired anyway. I sat up and took a look around the room. Wow… this is even nicer than his room. Well at least for me. It was a little girlier with flower and water designs everywhere. His was more like a galaxy style.

 

I remembered my encounter with again. Now that I think of it he was pretty handsome. With those big brown eyes, that beautiful smile, that gorgeous hair, and his smirk. Ahh his smirk. Oh and of course his abs hehe I just can’t help but mention them. By the way how did he know my name? I’ll just ask him that later.

 

I stretched and decided to start unpacking. I put my music on shuffle and stood up. I creaked open the door and stepped outside, because I really wanted and needed food now. Hey! I haven’t eaten the entire day and it is like 3:00 pm right now. I walked over to the fridge and opened it. To my surprise, there was so much food in there but I decided to eat some chocolate chip cookies and drink cold milk.  I took the food and walked back to y room. On my way I stopped in front of Yoseob’s room. I heard nothing inside so I silently opened the door and peaked inside. There I saw the most adorable thing ever! Awwww…. He looks so peaceful and cute while he sleeps unlike when he is awake. I closed the door again after about 2 minutes of staring at his angelic face.

 

I opened the door and walked into my room. Afterwards I continued listening to songs and unpacking stuff. Just as I was unpacking my clothes, “So Long” by Apink came on. Oh how I love that song. I started singing along while putting away clothes.

 

Gieongnani geuttae jakgo eoryeosseotdeon
Neowa Na do you remember


Hangsang hamkkeyeotji uril saemnaedeon manheun chingudeul
Do you remember

Jageun son kkok japgo nal jikyeojun
Eonjena naegeman useojun neo


Baby geuttaen mollasseul geoya
Ama moreuncheokhaesseul geoya neomu eoryeosseotjanha

Eoneusae neon naegero WA nae mamsogeuro wa
Chingu anin namjaro nae yeope isseotji
Geureoke neol yeope dugo nae mam sumgigo
Ireoke sumeo sumeo chinguraneun ireum dwie sumeo…

I sang happily. Not noticing that my door had been open the entire time.

 

Yoseob’s POV

I was showering peacefully when I heard my bedroom door open and close. I think it is just the wind. After about 10 minutes I finished taking a bath and wrapped a towel around my waist. After, I walked out of the bathroom. I think the doorknob was loose or something because as soon as I opened the door, it fell off. It was taking time to fix it but I kept trying when out of nowhere I heard a voice of a girl.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THEIF THEIF THEIF HELPPPPP THERE IS A FRIGGIN HOT HALF THEIF IN MY ROOMMM!!!!!!” she screamed.

 Then I finally turned around and saw a really cute girl sitting on my bed screaming at me with a shocked look on her face. Wait… did she just call me hot?? Haha. I chuckled in my mind. But what was she doing here?? 

“SEEE YOU ARE SHOCKED THAT MEANS I CAUGHT YOU RED HANDED. YOU WERE TRYING TO STEAL THE DOORKNOB!!!!” she yelled again. She looks so cute when she is angry.

 I suddenly wrapped my arms around her and covered so that she couldn’t speak anymore. I could tell that she was trying to kick me off. We stayed there like that until she finally started to calm down. 

“MUFF MUFFMUFFFMUMUFF MUFFFFF!” she tried to speak. When she started to stop struggling I let go of her.

  “Who are you and what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I should be asking you that. You crazy ert thief!” she said.

 “My name is Yoseob…. Yang Yoseob…. And this is my room.” I said calmly.

 “Yang?? So you are the kid Mrs. Yang… I mean Umma was talking about. She had a son not a daughter ughhhh.” She said hitting her face with her palm.

 “How do you know my mother? Why are you calling her Umma? And why are you in my room?” I asked.

 “OH I am so sorry I thought this was my room… I am living here for at least a year so yeah…” she explained. She looked like a helpless little puppy. I smiled at her innocence.

 “Really? I didn’t even know that. Oh wait you are the one that Mom was talking about?? I thought you were a guy.” I stated even though I already knew that she was coming to stay here.

 “No… apparently I am a girl.  So sorry about that and ummmmm you might want to put on a shirt.” She said. Her cheeks were turning red and I could tell she was staring at my chest. Wow you sure are an interesting girl. 

“Umm you know you are blushing right?? Anyway as a welcome present why don’t I give you a hug?” I said and walked over wrapping both of my hands around her small waist. I wanted to mess with her, but I really like the feeling of having her in my arms.

 “Hahaha see you are blushing.” I joked pointing a finger at her after I let go. “Anyway, don’t you recognize me from anywhere?”

 “No way dude! Umm am I supposed to?” she asked.

 “Do you like KPop?” I asked.  

“Duh! Who doesn’t? I love Infinite!!!” she says. Then how could she not know me? She knows Infinite but not Beast. Why??

 “Have you ever heard of BEAST??” I asked hopefully.

“ Beauty and the Beast?? Yeah sure I read that story when I was young.” she replied. She really did seem clueless.

 “Ughhhh are we that unpopular?’” I mumbled to myself.

 “Did you say something?” she asked. Oh no I am caught. I need to think of a way to avoid the subject since I think it is better if she doesn’t know that I’m famous. That is the only way she will treat me normally. Oh wait she is staring at my abs LOL ok I might just .

 “Nahh… anyway you like what you see?” I said smirking. Immediately her cheeks became as red as a tomato. Too cute.

 “In your dreams. Abs aren’t my thing.” She said. I sort of sensed that it was a lie. 

“Oh really because when you first saw me I think I recall you calling me a freaking hot half thief.” I said with a wink.

 “W w well I di di didn’t memean it.” she was stuttering.

 “Fine…. Let me show you your room. You needed help right?” I asked. I seriously want to mess with her right now.

 “Thanks” she said.

 I led her to the toilet down the hall and she didn’t even notice. She just entered.

 Just as she closed the door I moved a metal box in front of the door to block it. She tried to open the door but it wouldn’t open. I couldn’t help but crack up.

She started banging on the door and yelling my name. I was just laughing like crazy outside.

 “LET ME OUT!!!” she screamed.

 “Not until you admit that you think I’m hot.” I said.

 “Never!” she replied.

 “Then you are never coming out of there.” I said.

 “Fine. I give up. Yang Yoseob is by far the hottest guy I have ever lain my eyes on.” She said. I was satisfied with my work. Mwahaha.

I opened the door, but before she could go I carried her up in my arms and took her to her real room. I placed her on the bed. Actually I decorated this room by myself for her. I leaned in and had the sudden urge to kiss her soft cheeks but I fought it. 

“Have some rest.” I whispered into my ear before leaving her room.

I went back to my room to rethink the entire encounter with her. After replaying everything in my mind I was left chuckling. She is just really different.

Anyway you might be confused because I am living with my mom and not my band mates. That is just because Papa Hong gave each of us permission to live with our families again for about 4 months while we are still in Seoul. It doesn’t mean that we would stop practicing because I still have to go to practice on weekdays but today is Saturday so I get to rest.

I was lying on my bed while thinking but after a while I fell asleep.

I was awakened by the sound of the door slowly being opened. (I have sensitive ears) I slightly peaked and opened my eyes for a second. I saw Jaehyeon slowly entering my room, so I quickly shut my eyes again and pretended to sleep. She was just sitting there and staring at me for what seemed like forever. It was so hard for me to breathe since she was so close to my face. Finally she left gently closing the door again.

After I was sure that she was already in her room, I got up and followed her there. I think she didn’t notice that the door was open since she was humming happily and packing. After a while a song that I was very familiar with came on. It was Apink’s So Long. I always see them practicing that song in their practice room since during breaks we often go and watch other people practicing. I really liked this song in particular even though I like all of their songs.

I was too busy thinking of that because I didn’t realize that Jaehyeon had started singing along. She had the most beautiful voice ever. Her voice matched perfectly with the sweet and slow song. I was completely mesmerized by her voice and beauty as she was smiling while neatly folding her clothes. I just stood there leaning against her doorframe and smiling like a complete idiot. When the song was over I started clapping loudly.

I could see that she was really shocked when she saw me standing there smiling at her. She suddenly got really embarrassed and blushed madly. She was about to close the door at my face but I placed my foot in the door like they do in those movies. Ouch! It might look cool but it hurts a lot. I didn’t show my pain though.

I stepped into her room and turned to face her. I saw that she was still blushing and staring at the floor.

“That was completely amazing you know?” I said.

“W wh what? No” she said. Her voice was very shakey.

“Yes you are you have a voice that is better than anything I have ever heard okay…. Don’t deny it. I can tell you like singing. I love singing too so its okay.” I confessed. She looked up and stared into my eyes. I could feel my legs shaking because of her intense stare.

“Really?” she asked as a smile appeared on her face. “ Thank you!”.

“You are welcome Jae.” I said. Just then her sweet smile turned into an adorable grin.

“Can you sing for me?” she asked with puppy dog eyes.

“I don’t think so because my throat is hurting.” I said. I couldn’t sing. If I did she might recognize me.

“Come on please…” she begged again. I gave in because there was too much cuteness.

“Ok fine wait here.” I said as I went and got my guitar. I was thinking of a song to sing.

I came back to her after I got my guitar. I put my guitar on my lap and started playing. I could sense her staring at me with those sparkling eyes. I started singing Caffeine by me since she doesn’t know me at all it won’t hurt right?

 

Neujeonne jaya doeneunde meorissoge yangeun beolsseo da sesseo
Eotteokedeun jamdeureo boryeo haetdeon syawodo tto dasi haesseo
Cheonjange ni eolguri jakku geuryeojigo nungameumyeon
Kkeutnabeorin uri storyga damgin chaegi pyeolchyeojigo
Neon tteonagan huedo nal ireoke goerophyeo
Eojjeodaga naega ireokekkaji goerowo
Hage doen geonji naega mwol jalmotan geonji
Uriga wae ibyeoringeonjido moreuneunde

Cause ur like caffeine, nan bamsae jam mot deulgo
Simjangeun gyesok ttwigo geureodaga tto niga neomu mipgo
Like caffeine meolliharyeogo haedo
Ijeoboryeogo haedo geureol suga eojjeol suga eobtjanha

You’re bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you’re like caffeine
You’re bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you’re like caffeine
You’re bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you’re like caffeine
You’re bad to me, so bad to me, so bad to me, yeah

Neol butjabeul gihoedo naegen jul su eobseonni
Geureoke swipge kkeutnabeoril gabyeoun sain
Anieotjannni anim nae chakgagin geonji
Uriga wae ibyeorin geonjido moreuneunde

Cause ur like caffeine, nan bamsae jam mot deulgo
Simjangeun gyesok ttwigo geureodaga tto niga neomu mipgo
Like caffeine meolliharyeogo haedo
Ijeoboryeogo haedo geureol suga eojjeol suga eobtjanha

Ireoke neol miwohadagado nan
Hamkkeyeotdeon sigan dorabomyeon useumi nawa
Eojjeomyeon itgi sirheun geonjido molla
Ani itgi sirheunga bwa ganjikhago sipeun geonga bwa

Cause ur like caffeine, nan bamsae jam mot deulgo
Simjangeun gyesok ttwigo geureodaga tto niga neomu mipgo
Like caffeine meolliharyeogo haedo
Ijeoboryeogo haedo geureol suga eojjeol suga eobtjanha

You bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you like caffeine
You bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you like caffeine
You bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you like caffeine
You bad to me, so bad to me, so bad to me, yeah…

I finished and she was staring at me with eyes wide open. I could see that she was really surprised. I smiled and she broke out of her shock and started clapping even louder than I did.

“Whoa!” she was clearly speechless.

“Thanks I guess.” I replied.

“That was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. You are so good.” She said with a wide smile.

“Thank you again…” I said while returning her smile.

“seriously, that was beyond amazing. Where did you learn to sing like that?” she asked.

“Okay Okay now lets change the topic Jae” I said. I really didn’t like it when people compliment me a lot.

“Fine Fine… Umm by the way… I wa meaning to ask you this. How do you know my name?” she asked me.

“Ha! I knew that you were supposed to come all along. That is why I was able to remain calm while you were screaming like a 5 year old.” I replied. I just wanted to annoy her since I felt like I had been too nice to her today.

“What?? Well thanks a lot for calling me a five year old!” she replied. Her voice was filled with sarcasm and disgust. Have I gone too far?? I don’t think so.

“Your very welcome Jae. I am so touched that you liked my insult.” I said, trying to sound like a girl.

“Ughhhh… anyway, who gave you the permission to call me Jae huh? Only my close friends and family can call me that. Not random jerks like you.” She stated angrily. I knew she was really pissed off but I no matter how much I want to apologize, I won’t because that will make her win and I want to win this argument.

“I gave myself the permission okay? Newsflash girl, I don’t live to do what you tell me to.” I said calmly and walked away. Nice move man I said to myself.

I left Jaehyeon standing there with hung open and fire burning in her eyes.