Part 2

Our Endless Story: A Moment in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how’s school so far?” Jinwoon asks the moment he laid the food of tray in her front.

 

Jiyeon was simply staring at her; until now she was literally surprised by him, knowing her childhood friend, her best friend, the man she known for when she was six years old, makes her feel totally stranger, she was clueless in this side of him how he was completely stunned by him right now makes her feel more nervous.

 

“Hey! What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jinwoon ask her with a worried on his face, he cupped her cheeks that already reddening,

 

“Uh—yeah” as she hides her face that blushing.

 

“We didn’t expect you’re really popular here at school oppa! You’re what? A highest scorer when you entered here?  Team captain? My god! Like seriously?” IU hysterically said.

 

“Hey! Don’t make it shout, see?” as he looks to the entire cafeteria, “Their looking at us, it’s embarrassing” he said.

 

“But you didn’t told me that” Jiyeon voice was bit sad, on her part; she felt Jinwoon hid something on her, which he didn’t did since they both young.

 

“Hey, don’t be sad, I didn’t hide these things to you, I just—“ he paused, as he tried to hide how he looks so shy saying it “I just wanted to surprised you , for you to feel proud of me” he said smiling. “Well—I did all my best to make it on top in entrance exam, be the captain of the basket ball team so that when you go in this school with me, you can be proud of me, that—I am your best man—I mean your best friend”

 

Jiyeon smiled, she felt fluttered on him, and all her doubt why he hides these things washed away. She was really proud of him.

 

IU on the other hand, she giggles; she can’t help but smiled seeing how these two become so sweet to each other, though they both in the state of denial about their true feelings to each other, IU was completely sure that they both have the same feelings.

 

Jiyeon and Jinwoon definitely love each other.

 

“You’re smiling like an idiot” Jinwoon commented to IU; she didn’t realized she was smiling at their front.

 

“you look happy chingu” Jiyeon said to her.

 

“Yes I am” she smiled wickedly. “ you know you look like a couple rather than best friends”

 

Upon hearing those words, both Jiyeon and Jinwoon were surprised, Jiyeon almost choked for her drinks she was currently drinking,

 

“YAH!” Jinwoon shouted to IU as he helps Jiyeon to recover from choking.

 

IU widely smiles more as she find it amusing in her eyes the way they both reacted on her said.

 

“You okay Yeonnie?” he asks with concern

 

Jiyeon keep on coughing, “Yeah, something stuck on my throat” and coughs again.

 

“Here!” Jinwoon handed her his drinks.

 

“Yow!”

 

All they attention were caught off when someone approached them.

 

“Hey captain! We’re been looking at you” another tall guy approached them.

 

“Whoah! Who are these lovely ladies here? Mind introducing us?” the other one asks.

 

“Back off Woyoung” Jinwoon said in serious tone as he realized Wooyoung is looking intently at Jiyeon.

 

“Seriously?” Wooyoung said amusingly, “Hi! Wooyoung, I am the hottest member of the basketball team,” as he offered his hand to them.

 

“Jiyeon”

 

“Ji-Eun”

 

“Wow your names were rhyming isn’t you both?” he commented.

 

“Chansung” the name of the first one who approached them, he seated next to Jinwoon that makes Jinwoon to be in the middle of Jiyeon and Chansung.

 

“Key” the other one said. He stood up right next to IU.

 

“So new faces? Transferee or what?” Wooyoung said as he seated right next to IU.

 

“freshmen” IU answered him.

 

“I see. You captain, you didn’t tell us you have friends who’s beautiful as them.” As Wooyoung said to Jinwoon of course with teasingly tone.

 

Jinwoon rolled eyes as he found him annoyingly, he keeps looking at Jiyeon. “Will you stop that Wooyoung?” he said irritably.

 

“Okay. Okay relax captain” as Wooyoung raised his two hands in defeat. “So in what section are you both?” as he try to have a conversation.

 

“Class A” she simply answered.

 

“So—“ Wooyoung has been cut off by Jinwoon

 

“Yeonnie, don’t plays with your veggies eat them” Jinwoon in his commanding tone. He saw how she plays with her food.

 

“I’m full” she said almost pouted.

 

“Already?, you should eat more. Here- say ahh” Jinwoon said as he offered her a spoonful of veggies.

 

The three men watch them two, they are all surprised witnessing how lovey dovey they are in their front; on the other hand, IU simply laughed, she laughs on their reaction

 

“So—are you our captain’s girlfriend?” Key asks as he seated next to IU’s side, Wooyoung and Key were now seating making IU in their center.

 

Jiyeon blinks a couple of times, as she felt her cheeks burning; Jinwoon on the other hand seems shocked.

 

“They were just best of friends” IU said with a teasingly tone.

 

“Really?” Key said not believing

 

“Yeah. Sure they are” another teasingly smile throws by IU.

 

“But it looks like not to us” Wooyoung said.

 

“Believe whatever you wanted to believe,” Jinwoon said “But Yeonie is off limits” he said as he put his arms in Jiyeon’s shoulder “so back off—“ he said smiling wickedly.

 

“Awww” Wooyoung complains.

 

“You sound like a jealous boyfriend,” Chansung commented

 

“Whatever” Jinwoon replied, he looks at Jiyeon who was blushing so hard, he pinched her cheeks. 

 

“Okay!” as Wooyoung stood in his seat. “Let’s go! Let’s go home! Someone’s win the prize” he commented teasingly.

 

“I hope you can watch our practice game?” Chansung offered.

 

“Yeah right. You should watch our play, so we can have a cheering squad who lovely as you  both” Wooyoung winks.

 

“Can we?” Jiyeon ask Jinwoon innocently.

 

“Sure you can if you finished your food first” he said pinching her cheek again.

 

“You treating me like a baby Jin—“ Jiyeon narrowed her eyes as she pouted.

 

“You always been my baby Yeonie” he teasingly said.

 

“Aiiggoo! C’mon captain stops that! I can’t stand your cheesiness, you giving me creeps!” Wooyoung said hysterically.

 

“HAHAHAH!!” IU burst out laughing.

 

“What’s funny?” Jinwoon asks.

 

“Nothing.  sa-rang-in-ga-yo  ku-de nah-wa gat-da-myon shi-jahk-in-ga-yo

ma-mi jah ku gu dael sa-rang-han-dae-yo on se-sang-i dud-du-rok so-ri-chi-ne-yo wae i-je-ya dul-li-jyoh oooohh…so-rol man-na-gi we-hyae  i-je-ya sa-rang cha-jat-da-go” IU sings a song as she stands up leaving them behind with a large grin.

 

 

(Title of song: perhaps love J & howl)

 

---

 

Jiyeon was dumb headedly staring on her notes, though her attention was not into it. She sighed for the nth time as she holds her chest, her heart still beating so fast up until now.

 

And images of Jinwoon keeps popping out on her mind same how her heart beats so fast whenever she thinks about him.

 

“What are you doing?” Jinwoon said as he entered her room, he saw Jiyeon was busy doing her assignments. He seated right next to her,.

 

“Uh—“ Jiyeon instantly got stuttered, as she looked down her head not wanting to meet his gazed, she tried to calm her heart that now thumping so madly that now he was beside her.

 

“You’re acting weird Yeonnie” he commented. “Are you sick?” he places his one hand on her forehead.

 

“No I’m fine” Jiyeon said firmly.

 

“Then why acting like that? You making me worried” Jinwoon sadly said.

 

“I’m sorry” Jiyeon said apologetically, though it’s not her intention to make him feel that way.

 

Jinwoon defeatedly sighed, “It’s okay. Just tell me what bothers you so I can help you with it okay?” he said cupping her face with both hands.

 

It’s you who bothers me. Jiyeon said inside her head.

 

Yes, since she started attending classes again, those unrecognizable and unclear heartbeats she always feel whenever she was near to him increases more; those shivers she felt and butterflies in her stomach she always experience whenever he become sweet towards her, added more, though she was aware of that she keep shrugging it off not until her best friend IU told her one time—

 

“Don’t you realize it until now? You loved him, more than just a best friend”

 

That’s makes her started asking things inside her head, the idea of being in love was really new to her,  Now that things was clear to her, she was starting to afraid for what she feel, this things was anew to her, and what makes her more afraid was the idea of him knowing what she really feel for him.

 

“Hey” as Jinwoon snaps her thought again.

 

“Jin-“ she calls out.

 

“Wae?” Jinwoon answered with eyebrow furrowed.

 

“Nothing” she shook her head. “ im just lucky to have a bestfriend like you” she smiled so sweetly to him. A sweet smile enough for you to fall for a second.

 

Jinwoon looks shocked at first, he was caught off guard, making his ears redden, and he was really moved by her smiles.

 

“What happen to you?” Jiyeon pinched his both cheeks as she notice his face becomes red,

 

“YAH!” Jinwoon tried to hide his blushes but Jiyeon laughed on him hard.

 

 

                                                            *********

 

 

“Waeyo? Why is my favorite niece doing here right now?” Jiyeon’s uncle, Dr. Park Shin Hoo smiled so sweetly and widely towards her.

 

In return, Jiyeon smiled back as she bows her head sign of respect to her uncle.

 

“Am I not allowed to come here to visit you uncle doc?” she said pouting.

 

The young doctor chuckled, “as my memory was not wrong at this time, you don’t have any check up dear, so what’s bring you here? Unless—“ woriness comes on his handsome face. “Ji does your heart ache more often than usual? Do you have difficulty in breathing? Tell me” he ask worriedly.

 

“uncle doc I’m fine“  Jiyeon reassured, she even made a thumbs up sign to her uncle. “But—“ she added. “Can I tell you something?”

 

.

.

.

 

“So what do you want to talk about?” her uncle ask her as she offered her a glass of juice.

 

Early this morning, since there is no class for this day; Jiyeon went straight to her uncle’s hospital where he was on duty, her uncle was a cardiologist. He was a specialist regarding one’s heart condition, illness and so forth.

 

“Uhmmm—“ she hesitant to speak, she started playing with her fingernails, her usual thing to do whenever she felt nervous

 

“hey—relax” his uncle hold her hand. “Does your mom nag you?”

 

Jiyeon hurriedly shook her head, still head looking down.

 

“So? did you and Jinwoon fight?”

 

Jiyeon shook her head again, but her uncle saw how her face reddens the moment he said his name.

 

“Uncle doc?” she repeated.

 

“hmm?”

 

But Jiyeon didn’t speak again, she suddenly become silent for a while as if she was weighing if she going to ask the things keep running on her mind.

 

“Don’t be shy, tell me everything, you can trust me Jiyeon” he said smiling to her.

 

Jiyeon smiled back, since childhood; she never met her dad, that’s why ever since she was a little child, her uncle doc become his second dad, she can easily open up with him without any hesitation just how a daughter in their father, he become her father figure, one thing that Jiyeon thanks a lot.

 

“Let me guess, is it about Jinwoon? Right?”

 

Jiyeon simply nod her head. Shin Hoo smiled.

 

“So what about him my niece?” he said encouraging her to speak.

 

“well—“ as she looks down again. “I was—well—I am” she can’t even said it straight.

 

Shi Hoo smiled, as he found her niece so cute at this moment.

 

“I’m inlove I think?” She finished without meeting his uncle Shi hoo’s gazed.

 

His uncle doc makes a sweet smile, as if he knew it already. “Really? With whom?” he said though that fact was he already knew.

 

“With Jinwoon—“she blushed instantly.

 

“so you knew it already” he smiled widely. “finally” as he taps her head. “my niece is already a woman”

 

“Yah! Uncle doc!” as she felt embarrassed.

 

“HAhahaha!” he laughed all out loud.

 

.

.

.

 

Jiyeon and her uncle doc were talking some random things when the door opens with a loud banging.

 

“JIYEON!!” Jinwoon shouted as he was catching his own breathe, beads of sweat were all over his face as worried was written all over his face.

 

“what’s wrong?” Jiyeon said, she even stops from eating her fruit cake.

 

“YAH! Yeonnie, are you fine? Something hurt? YAH!! Why you didn’t tell me you’re here” Jinwoon said as he keeps examining her, both hands on her shoulder.

 

“Hey! I’m fine! I just visited uncle doc” she smiled, she caressed her cheeks to calm him down.

 

“Ehem.” Shi Hoo made a throaty sound gaining both of their attention.

 

“Hello uncle” Jinwoon finally greeted h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter