The start of a dramatic year

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWxW3atw_SU

Kim Soohyun: Dreaming

----------------------------------------

“Why isn’t she waking up?”

“Shh, you’re causing a ruckus.”

“It’s been two hours already! She should have woken up by now!”

“Do you think something bad happened to her?”

“Youngjae, I’ll smack you for cursing her.”

“I’m going to shake her.”

“No! Jackson!”

Upon hearing their voices, Yoonjung stirred awake. Her eyes started to open slowly.

“She woke up!” Bambam cried out.

JR and Youngjae left JB’s bedside and rushed over to the next bed.

“Yoonjung? Can you see us? Do you hear my voice?” JR questioned.

Yoonjung nodded. felt as if it was on fire, and she coughed.

“Water! Water!” Jackson panicked. Bambam poured a glass.

JR helped Yoonjung sit up. Her left arm felt heavy, and she looked down to see a bright green cast around it. Her eyes widened in shock. “W-what happened to me?”

“You don’t remember?” JR asked. “The school exploded!” Jackson exaggerated

“What?” Yoonjung was hit with dizziness.

“The gas exploded at school, so it went on fire. Your left arm broke. You don’t remember?” JR studied her face.

Yoonjung thought back. All she remembered was that there was a big quake. Then her mind turned white after that.

“Here.” Bambam held out the water. Yoonjung took big gulps and sighed in relief. She saw Yugyeom limping towards the chair, and her eyebrows furrowed in worry. “You got hurt, too?” “It’s just a sprain. I didn’t break any bones like you,” he retorted.

“Yugyeom, Mark, and JB went after you. Yugyeom got hurt on the way, so Mark had to bring him back while JB went to find you,” Youngjae explained. Wait a minute. I see Yugyeom and Mark. Where’s JB then? Yoonjung turned her head, and her eyes popped out in shock. JB was lying in the bed next to hers. His eyes were closed, and an IV was hooked to his arm.

“…Unfortunately, he hasn’t woken up yet,” Youngjae grumbled.

JB became like that because of me? Pain and guilt struck her chest.

Suddenly, the door flung open.

“Jaebum-ah!” His father hollered.

“Where’s my daughter?!” She heard her father cry out in alarm.

“Dad, I’m here,” she called. Her father darted in, and when he saw her, his eyes grew as round as saucers. Her friends backed away to allow him through. Her father dashed towards her and grasped her arms with a panicky look. “Are you all right?! Are you hurt anywhere?!”

“Dad.” Yoonjung flinched. “Ahjusshi, Yoonjung has a broken arm,” JR gently revealed.

“Broken arm?!” Her father looked down at her arm, and he almost fainted. His legs went weak, and he toppled onto the ground.

“Dad, I’m okay. Really, I’m fine now,” Yoonjung assured. “It’s JB we have to worry about…”

They both looked towards his bed. JB’s father looked extremely worried. “Jaebum-ah…”

“What happened to him?” Her father whispered.

“He came to save me…and ended up like that,” Yoonjung said guiltily.

Her father straightened up and walked over to the bed. He squeezed the distressed prosecutor’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, Changso. Your son is a brave one though. Because of him, my daughter is alive.”

Yoonjung lowered her head in sadness. If JB didn’t ever wake up, it would be her fault. Tears welled up in her eyes.

“Hey, he’s waking up!” Jackson claimed.

Everyone looked up with hope.

As Jackson had proclaimed, JB was stirring awake. His eyebrows furrowed slightly before his eyes slowly opened. “Jaebum!” His father cried out. JB was confused at first. “Dad? Ahjusshi?” Her father smiled tearfully and squeezed his arm. “Thanks to you, my daughter is alive. You’re a hero.”

“Yoonjung,” JB remembered. He turned his head swiftly in search of her and locked eyes with her. Her shoulders sagged in relief when she saw that he really was awake. JB softened. She’s alive. Thank God. He sighed, and all the tension seemed to evaporate at once.

JR squeezed his hand. “You’re a hero, man.”

“I’m going to call you Hercules now,” Jackson claimed.

JB chuckled a little.

The door opened again, and this time, it was the doctor. “May I speak to the parents of Seo Yoonjung and Im Jaebum?” Both fathers straightened up. “I’ll be back, okay, sweetheart?” Her father lightly caressed her hair before leaving.

Once the adults were out, Jackson, JR, and Bambam ran towards JB and overwhelmed him with tight hugs. “Guys, watch out for my arm.” JB winced at his bandaged hand and arm. JR lightly punched his good arm. “If you do anything reckless without me again, I’ll personally kick your .” “Me, too,” Jackson harrumphed. “I’m so glad you’re okay,” Bambam croaked. JB chuckled and ruffled his hair. “Stop crying, cry-baby.” He looked up at JR. “What happened to the school?”

“I don’t know. I highly doubt we have school tomorrow though.” JR sighed.

Jackson shrugged carelessly. “I’m not depressed about it. At least my chemistry score won’t count.”

“Wouldn’t it be funny if everything but your chemistry exam was burned?” Youngjae teased.

Jackson glared flatly at him. “Don’t curse me.”

Despite the lighthearted talk, no one was laughing. The fire had almost killed them, and that certainly was nothing to take laugh about.

“Well, I’m glad you guys are all right. I would have been devastated if anything had happened to the both of you.” JR looked at Yoonjung and JB with soft affection.

“Me, too,” Bambam sniffled.

“Me, three.” Jackson sat beside Yoonjung and put his arm around her. He gave her a soft, fond smile and lightly tweaked her nose. “I would have been heartbroken if my Candy had become melted in the fire.”

Yoonjung smiled, and Jackson planted a soft kiss on her left eyebrow. She was glad to be out of danger also.

Yoonjung turned to Mark who had been keeping silent the entire time. She searched his blank face with concern. “Are you all right? I heard you went to find me, too. Did you get hurt?” Her eyes flitted over his body, as if she expected a broken bone or an inflamed burn anywhere. “I’m fine,” Mark said curtly. “It’s you who you should be worried about.”

“I’m fine. See?” Yoonjung motioned to herself.

“I don’t think a broken arm counts as ‘fine.’” Mark sent her a cursory glance.

Yoonjung started to grin. “What now?” Mark asked flatly.

“You’re worried about me. That’s sweet,” Yoonjung said.

“I think the medicine has gone to your head,” he refuted.

“Nope! You care about me! Don’t deny it!” She wagged a good finger in the air.

Mark sighed in surrender. “Yoonjung, you know I care about you. There’s no need to point that out. I was worried about you because you were unconscious in my arms, all right? You happy now?”

Yoonjung blinked in surprise. Unconscious in his arms? She vaguely remembered seeing a face peer worriedly down at her. She swore she had felt tears. Had those belonged to Mark? Before she could process her thoughts, the adults came back.

“What did the doctor say?” JB asked.

“They said the both of you had to stay here overnight. When morning comes, you two will get examined again,” his father said.

“Darn it. I hate hospital food.” He sighed.

“Fortunately, you’re able to eat anything you want,” his father mused.

“What do you want, sweetie? You name it, I’ll get it. What do you boys want? I’ll get some for you, too,” her father offered.

“Yes!” Jackson pumped his fist in celebration. JR nudged him and tried not to laugh.

In the end, all of them had sushi in the hospital room. The boys decided to go home at the end of visitation hours.

“Dad, you should go home and rest, too. You have to go to work tomorrow,” Yoonjung said.

He shook his head firmly. “No, I can call out of work. You’re more important right now.” “Right now only?” She teased.

Her father fixed her pillow behind her back. “You know that’s not what I meant.” He sighed heavily and looked into her eyes. “You scared me, Yoonjung. You don’t know how terrified I was as I drove here. I kept regretting how I had sent you off to school without seeing you in the morning. It drove me mad thinking that might have been the last time I communicated with you. I thought I had lost you just like how…”

He had lost my mother, Yoonjung finished his thought. She placed her hand over his and smiled tenderly. “Dad, I’m fine. Look at me. I’m alive and well.” He eyed her cast with resentment. “I know, I know. I have a broken arm, or so everyone keeps pointing that out to me.” Yoonjung glanced at Mark before looking back at her father. “But I’m really fine. I don’t want you to get fired from your job. What will we eat and live on then? How will we pay my hospital bills?” She teased.

Her father looked at her.

“Really, I’m fine. I’m not a kid that needs to constantly be looked after. I can be here alone for one night. Actually, I won’t be alone. JB is here with me,” Yoonjung assured.

Her father sighed. “What if you need me?”

“I think I can manage one night without you.” Yoonjung chuckled. “Besides, you need to feed Janggeun. I forgot to refill his bowl this morning. Don’t let my dog die now.”

“Yoonjung may be right. Let’s go home. We’ll come back after their exams to take them home,” JB’s father said.

“I’m coming before they do their exams,” her father corrected. “Are you sure you want me to go, sweetheart? I really don’t mind staying here.”

“I’m certain. Go. Don’t worry about me,” Yoonjung urged. She exchanged looks with Jackson and subtly nodded. “Come on, ahjusshi! Don’t worry about her! My Candy will do great by herself! That’s how awesome she is! Can you give me a ride back home though? My parents will kill me if I’m not home soon.” Jackson led him father away.

“I’ll be back first thing in the morning! Don’t ever hesitate to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter