Back to School

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJP5cznAN_w

Song Ji Eun: Pretty Age 25

------------------------------------------

It was now the first day of the spring semester.

Yoonjung got up just on time. She took a hot shower, tied her hair into a ponytail, and dressed into her uniform. She smoothed the creases of her uniform and gazed at her reflection in the mirror.

It had been a while since she had last worn this.

She had left it in the back of her closet during winter vacation, and it hadn’t dawned on her that she should have ironed it.

Oh, well. I’ll just have to deal it. There are things worse than wrinkles.

Yoonjung grabbed her backpack and ran downstairs.

As soon as Janggeun spotted her, he got up on his hind legs and waved his front legs for attention. Yoonjung laughed and caught his front legs. “You’re being extra cute today. Is it so that I can cheer up for going back to school? You’re too sweet.” She pecked his wet nose before releasing him. Janggeun fell back onto the floor and trotted behind her as she headed towards the kitchen.

Yoonjung smelled the air as she opened the refrigerator for a bottle of water. “Something smells awfully delicious. What is that?” She took a sip of the water and peered over her father’s shoulder.

“I made biscuits. Well…I tried making biscuits,” he said.

“They look wonderful!” She squealed happily. “Why biscuits though?” She laughed at the random breakfast menu.

Her father smiled. “I wanted to cheer you up for your first day back at school, and I thought biscuits might do the trick.”

Yoonjung giggled. “You thought right.” She sat at the table, and he set breakfast on the table. “Let’s see what my dad’s biscuits taste like.” Yoonjung grabbed one from the bowl and carefully pulled it apart in half. She took a big bite and looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully.

“How is it?” Her father asked worriedly.

Yoonjung broke into a broad smile and held up a thumb. “Awesome. It’s everything a biscuit should be: soft, warm, and delicious.”

Her father smiled as his shoulders relaxed. “I’m glad they turned out all right.”

“You did an excellent job. If you ever want to quit your job as a lawyer, you should open up a restaurant. You’d get popular really fast,” Yoonjung complimented.

Her father laughed heartily. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Janggeun sat up and placed his front legs on her lap. He cutely whimpered as he sniffed her hands. “Not when dad’s looking!” Yoonjung whispered out loud. Her father rolled her eyes and turned his back to her. Yoonjung smiled and fed Janggeun a big, fat biscuit. He gobbled it up eagerly, and she laughed when he got crumbs all over his snout. “You’re so cute, Janggeun.” Her father spun back around. “No more biscuits for him. Got it?” “Yes, sir!” Yoonjung saluted. She ate two more biscuits before the doorbell rang.

Janggeun barked as he raced for the door.

“That would be JB.” Yoonjung got up.

“Invite him in to eat biscuits. There’s still some time before school starts,” her father said.

Yoonjung opened the door, and right away, Janggeun leaped up.

“Whoa! Down boy!” JB laughed and petted the top of his head. “Here, take these.” He held out the three cups of mocha latte.

“This must be my lucky day. Biscuits and mocha latte.” Yoonjung headed towards the kitchen.

“Biscuits? Did you order chicken for breakfast and get those complimentary biscuits?” JB questioned as he followed her inside.

Yoonjung laughed. “Nope! My dad made them!”

JB bowed with a smile. “Good morning, ahjusshi. She told me you made biscuits.”

“And I made some for you, too. Come and have some. Thanks for the latte.” Her father tipped up his cup.

“No problem. Thanks for the biscuits.” JB sat beside Yoonjung and took a big bite.

“This is awesome. I envy you. Your dad can cook. My dad can’t even order take-out properly. He called the chicken house yesterday and ordered Chinese.”

“No way!” She exploded with laughter.

After they ate breakfast, her father drove them to school.

“Have a good day, you two!” He waved. “You, too!” They waved back and headed inside.

“Yo! Wait up!” A voice called from behind. They paused and looked back.

Youngjae caught up to them.

Yoonjung looked back. “Did your mom bring you to school?”

“No, my aunt. She drives the cool cars,” he answered, making her chuckle.

The three of them headed into the building and went to their lockers.

Arms encircled around her waist and voices chimed, “Good morning, Snow White!”

Two pairs of lips smacked kisses on her cheeks, causing her eyes to grow wide in surprise.

Then her expression flattened. “Guys…”

Jackson and JR burst into laughter.

She shot a look at JR who shrugged and smoothed his thumb over his bottom lip.

“Don’t blame us when you’re so irresistible, princess.” 

“That’s why I nicknamed you candy, because you’re irresistible like candy!” Jackson claimed.

“Thank you. It’s an off-day when someone doesn’t compare me to food,” she snorted.

The guys laughed.

“Want me to help you with your books?” JR offered. Jackson leaned against the lockers and sighed. “So we’re back in hell.”

“It’s not that bad anymore,” Yoonjung claimed. Jackson looked horrified.

“Reality check! It IS that bad, and so much more! What did you do with my Yoonjung?!” He shook her slightly aggressively. “Hey, stop it. She’ll get brain damage because of you,” JR scolded.

The bell rang. “All right. Who’s walking me to class?” Yoonjung asked.

Jackson smirked. “Cocky today, aren’t we?”

“One of you will do it anyways,” she pointed out.

“She’s right. I’ll walk you to class today, princess.” JR bowed mockingly.

Yoonjung rolled her eyes but smiled as she walked towards her classroom.

JR followed her and they went up to her class while chatting about Club Playground. “We should drop by there today. We haven’t been there in a while,” JR suggested.

Yoonjung nodded. “Sounds good.”

They stopped in front of her classroom.

“See you later, princess.” JR pecked her on the forehead, winked, and walked away.

Yoonjung went into her classroom and saw both Kris and Luhan at their desks already. She went down the aisle and halted suspiciously by Kris’s desk. Will he trip me today? He seemed to be immersed in his phone though. Assured, Yoonjung walked past him.

Luhan looked up and waved sweetly. “Hi, Yoonjung. It’s nice to see you back.”

Yoonjung smiled back. “It’s nice to see you again, too. How was your winter break?”

“It was relaxing. Yours?”

“Same here. Thanks for the telescope by the way,” she said.

Telescope? What telescope? Kris looked up with a raised eyebrow.

Luhan grinned. “I’m glad you like it.”

“I didn’t get you a Christmas gift though.” Yoonjung frowned, bothered by the fact that she had received without giving.

Luhan smiled. “It’s okay. You can make it up to me later somehow.”

Yoonjung laughed. “Okay, remind me then.”

Kris grew bewildered and hot jealousy engulfed his heart. He got her a Christmas gift, too? What the heck. He didn’t even give me one, and he goes and gives her one? That doesn’t mean she’s special to him…does she?! He became vexed at the thought of competing for her heart with his friend. Got7 he could handle, but he would have a hard time being rivals with his close friend. Kris sighed and shook his head. Love was becoming much more complex now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXrNt-f92M

Got7: Girls Girls Girls

-------------------------------------------------

Break came around, and Yoonjung went to meet up with her friends.

“Jungie Jungie!” Bambam beamed as he opened and closed his palms like a baby reaching for a candy.

Yoonjung gave him a hi-five as she went to stand by Mark.

“Man, it just seems like yesterday we were sitting at Yoonjung’s place exchanging out Secret Santa gifts.” Jackson sighed.

JB good-naturedly thumped his shoulder. “Learn to move on. There are better things to look forward to in the future.”

“Like what?” Youngjae asked.

“Like Valentine’s Day and White Day!” Bambam claimed.

“Valentine’s Day?” JR perked up. Immediately, seven pairs of eyes landed on Yoonjung.

She blinked. “What?”

“Well? You’re going to get us something then, aren’t you?” Youngjae asked.

“Why should I?” Yoonjung demanded.

“Uh, because you’re supposed to give gifts to the guy you like, and you love all seven of us. Aren’t I right?” Bambam asked. “You took the words right out of my mouth.” Jackson hi-fived him.

Yoonjung crossed her arms. “I’ll consider it.”

“Aww, that almost always means no.” Bambam pouted. JB laughed. “Accept it.”

“Those girls are getting on my nerves,” Yugyeom growled.

“Who are you talking about?” Youngjae asked.

They looked up and saw girls giggling and gazing glassy-eyed at one of the guys.

“Oh. They’re Mark’s fans.” Bambam chuckled. Yoonjung blinked. “Mark’s fans?”

Bambam bobbed his head up and down. “Haven’t you noticed lately? Mark has been becoming more and more popular. Girls notice him as he walks down the hallways. Last time, I saw him and one of those Exo dudes walking down the hallway, and trust me, all eyes were on Mark. And I’m not being biased here. He’s gained more popularity here than at our new school.” Bambam shrugged.

“How come?” Youngjae asked.

“Dude, don’t you remember the Halloween dance party? He showed off his flying moves, remember? Girls fell for him after that,” Bambam claimed. One of the girls who were trying to blend along with the walls as she spied on Mark collapsed onto the floor. Embarrassed, she scrambled back up. “Literally,” Bambam added.

Jackson frowned. “No fair. I flew into the air, too. Why can’t anybody remember me?”

“Nobody likes a loud mouth.” Bambam wagged his fingers. “Girls like mysterious, cold guys, like Mark. And Mark is the epitome of mysterious and cold.”

Jackson scowled. JR snickered. “Mark, wave at them. Let’ see their reaction.”

“Stop it!” Mark hissed.

Yoonjung glanced back to see girls admiring him and then looked him to gauge his reaction. He looked flustered and annoyed. Just then, a tinkling voice called, “Um, Mark?” Everyone glanced over to see a girl with cute pigtails holding out a folded letter along with a candy bar. “This is for you.”

“Oh!” The boys taunted. Mark’s ears reddened.

Yoonjung blinked in surprise. It was not unusual for girls to have crushes on Mark and fawn over him. She had witnessed plenty of that back in JYP High School. However, it was new that girls actually approached him. They usually admired him from afar and mostly approached Jackson, JR, and Bambam.

“Accept it, Mark! Come on!” JR and Youngjae hooted.

Mark plastered a scowl on his face. “I don’t accept anything from girls.”

The girl looked crestfallen. With stiff shoulders, Mark strode away from the group.

“Aw, he’s embarrassed.” Bambam laughed.

“Or immensely annoyed,” Yugyeom muttered.

“He doesn’t like attention,” JR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter